• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Cons: Off the paths is nasty, nasty disc-eating blood-sucking saw palmettos... Consider yourself lucky if you only lose a few discs and not an arm or a leg in the process.
University of Central Florida by Denny Ritner

That paints quite the bloody picture.

"Arrgh, this course be a dangerous mistress indeed."
-by Brother Dave on Renaissance in Charlotte NC

The whole review was very picturesque and entertaining reading. Well done!

I liked insaneforchains closing thoughts of Carver Recreation Center in Chattanooga Tenn. Sorry for the extra lines I just thought they all were too good not to include.

"If you like people aimlessly walking/wandering across the fairway just as you are getting ready to throw that driver, this is the course for you! If one of your discs lands near a kid, most likely he will pick it up with a "HEY LOOK WHAT I FOUND" look on his face. Make sure you don't say anything even slightly negative about this though...cause then you will most likely get a beat down by his posse or worse... his 6ft3 340lb mom! Gotta love that hole where just behind the basket is a menacing barking dog reminding you that if you miss... the disc is his. And if you miss badly enough and hit the pimp van, things could get ugly."

HAHAHAAHAHA..... ROFL:D

If you do play it, make your buddy drive so he can worry whether or not HIS car gets stolen out of the parking lot.
-DG_Wizard 3/17/08

Of Woodsen Park in OKC

I just reviewed the course myself and was glad to learn that I wasn't the only person who had these types of thoughts about playing there. A very classic line that deserves its props.

Couple of nice quotes from a Landis Park review from optidiscic:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=722&mode=rev

"The tee signs that are left are true works of art....very descriptive and artistic rendering of each hole, maybe thats why 12 of them were stolen?"

"No undergrowth, schule, pickers, thorns or high weeds anywhere(you might be offered weed by a dealer however)"

"I arrived at hole #11 which is the signature throw off the pavillion and was met by a bunch of thugs slinging rocks, yes crystal rocks not KC rocs. I decided to not step on their turf and skipped that hole. I wasn't about to mess with their pit bull and the sea of red clothing made me realize this was not hippie disc golf territory."

I found these amusing as a couple of others i am too lazy to post.

Looking into my crystal ball I see something gold in Texconsinite's future...

The future is now, homeboy!!!!! Thanks for the props. I'll bet you can find a few more tongue-in-cheek lines in my reviews, at least, i seem to remember putting a few in there somewhere, but ive been wrong before

Classic line from JungleTim's review of Lloyd Park in the UK

"When this course was first installed some other local residents took exception to the baskets and set them on fire, beat them with baseball bats, filled them with rubbish, pulled them out the ground and threatened the organizers."

More a funny story, since when I asked he explained that it was just one guy, who really hated the baskets, and repeatedly abused them till he was institutionalized. Like Don Quixote & Windmills, lol

Not to toot my own horn, but here's my review of The Grange Sunnyside...I had some fun with this one!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=792&mode=rev

Here's my favorite hole description:

Hole 4: 192 feet- sounds easy, right? I mean, 192 feet and straight, should be able to ace it every time...but not so fast, my friend. the fairway is tight as a hookers skirt, and the hole is hidden behind a wall of leaves...so if you ace this hole, you're a stud.

"- The pond is among the nastiest bodies of water that I've seen in my young life. If there's a such thing as a Mutant Lost Disc Monster, I'd bet that it would form in this pond."

by Greg Layton, Badlands, Federal Heights CO

I've got to toot my horn again, I forgot I wrote this about Middle Creek in Carey, NC,
This course flows like a rookie MC on crack. And Down Syndrome. It feels very forced onto this sports complex park.

I thought that course was a wee bit overrated and had to humble it a bit.

Latest posts