• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Classic Review lines

Re-reading my review of Knollwood in Kalamazoo:

- If I stood on the bank of the little pond in the middle of the course and closed my eyes I swear I could easily picture in my head a large red furred creature repeatedly saying, "SMELL BAD" with other assorted Jim Henson abominations running around as I proceed through the bog of eternal stench.

...As a result, this place is suffering badly and I don't have a clue how to stop it to make everyone happy. The City of K-Zoo could fence it all off and charge an entry fee but then the locals may take to the streets with burning couches and futons al a MSU.

Well...at least I thought they were good...I mean, they are good aren't they? :|

I audibly laughed at the last line of Nemmer's scathing review of Creekside Park's hole 16:

* #16 is RIDICULOUS wooded. I'm all for making it tough by having tight lines to practice your accuracy, but 16 is borderline retarded. Seriously. There is quite literally no fairway. It's like throwing a Frisbee through a briar patch. I only par'd it because I threw two tomahawks and am deeply religious.

OlyGuy on Camano Island, WA - "If a Sasquatch ever had a course to delight only Sasquatch-kind and dismay his distant evolutionary cousins Homo Sapiens-Discus from playing disc golf, this would be it."

The lady in the store is wonderful and very welcoming. She asks that you sign a simple hand written waiver before playing the course. She stated it was for liability purposes if you fall, I believe it's in case you get sucked into the boggy mud never to be seen again. Maybe discovered 1,000,000 years from now, like a woolly disc golf playing mammoth.
by The Valkyrie Kid, on Tyee Farms in Camano Island, WA.

From MikeK's review of Kiwanis Park in Midwest City, OK:

Avoid this steaming smelly pile of dog poop at all costs. You wouldn't think a course rated around 1.6 on this website could be extremely overrated, but this course is just that. Maybe at one time there were bricks in the ground to mark the tee boxes, but they seem to have all been lost to the ravages of time. You could make up your own tees, but then you'll be throwing around playground equipment and a walking path, and you'll certainly be disgusted by the ugliest baskets known to man.

Talk about an instant classic!
From The Valkyrie Kid, regarding The Reserves beginner course,
"I liked this little course a lot. It's not targeting advanced, intermediate or anyone who thinks they're pretty good. It's aimed at beginners, recreational players, youth, families, older players, bad players, albinos, anyone who doesn't take themselves seriously, lefties, course baggers, ace hunters, cross-eyed players and the occasional cousin from out of town. If you're able to check off, one or more of these boxes, then you might just enjoy this course. Happy aces!"​
ps: thank you, Tracy!

Talk about an instant classic!
From The Valkyrie Kid, regarding The Reserves beginner course,
"I liked this little course a lot. It's not targeting advanced, intermediate or anyone who thinks they're pretty good. It's aimed at beginners, recreational players, youth, families, older players, bad players, albinos, anyone who doesn't take themselves seriously, lefties, course baggers, ace hunters, cross-eyed players and the occasional cousin from out of town. If you're able to check off, one or more of these boxes, then you might just enjoy this course. Happy aces!"​
ps: thank you, Tracy!

If I was a lefty I might be offended

From the guy who gave Idlewild a 1 rating...

Cons: Unfortunately, the course is not at all designed for the average player. I play weekly and have slowly gotten better over the years, but this course has nothing to offer me. It's too long, too narrow and has too many crazy out of bounds. It was frustrating and not enjoyable at all..

Poor baby needs a safe room?...

Numbernine, on Hover Links in Hilton Head Island, SC:

"This course could be best fixed with a bulldozer and a flame thrower. Pull the baskets and create a modern art masterpiece out of them for all I care."

From the guy who gave Idlewild a 1 rating...

Unfortunately, the course is not at all designed for the average player. I play weekly and have slowly gotten better over the years, but this course has nothing to offer me. It's too long, too narrow and has too many crazy out of bounds. It was frustrating and not enjoyable at all..

Poor baby needs a safe room?...
Well, he's right about "not at all designed for the average player;" and has a point about "too many crazy out of bounds."

As for how frustrating and unenjoyable it was, he's entitled to his opinion, :\
BUT...

It's not like his was one of the first 20 or so reviews for the course. My point being had he read the existing reviews, he probably would have figured out it's a course that plays tight, was gonna beat him down, and had a lot of OB.

Apparently, there are people who can write, yet not read.

With a heavily reviewed course this is hardly a big deal, but I know there are some courses out there with just a Handful of reviews and they aren't getting as much play as they should because of a few slanted reviews like this.

From a review of Cane Creek Park, designed by Stan McDaniel:

"The course is strangely designed, in my opinion, and I am not sure the person who designed it is a disc golf aficionado. I would think with the land available to the park, that it could have designed a much better course. "