• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cleaning your discs

Do you clean your discs?

• All out bath

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Wipe down (wet)

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Dust off (dry)

Votes: 30 20.4%
  • No need to clean

Votes: 40 27.2%

• Total voters
Depends on conditions for me. Can go months without washing but if you play a super muddy course it doesnt work to just wipe off after every throw. Plus it brings back some brightness to the colors which can get dirty like glow/white/yellows.

Potential poison oak contamination changes the whole cleaning equation. Discs that landed in, or may have landed in, poison oak get cleaned with Tecnu or IvyX. Recently the rest of the bags' discs went through the dishwasher.

This is actually something that people do? It doesn't warp or damage them?

I don't do much disc cleaning. If a disc gets wet or muddy during a round, I'll towel it off before it goes back in my bag. (I do launder my disc towels on a fairly regular basis, does that count?)

Sometimes after a very soggy round I'll take all of the discs out of my bag and wipe them off and lay them out to dry on the floor. This is also a good opportunity to remove all of the grass/leaves that tend to accumulate in the bottom of my bag.

Potential poison oak contamination changes the whole cleaning equation. Discs that landed in, or may have landed in, poison oak get cleaned with Tecnu or IvyX. Recently the rest of the bags' discs went through the dishwasher.

I wash my poison ivy infested discs with isopropyl alcohol. Lot cheaper than Tecnu or Ivyx. I also wash my exposed skin areas with it.

I wash my poison ivy infested discs with isopropyl alcohol. Lot cheaper than Tecnu or Ivyx. I also wash my exposed skin areas with it.

Low odor mineral spirits. Main ingredient in Ivyx anyway. I keep a small bottle in my bag, comes in handy to whip a disc or my leg when fetching a disc out of the ivy.

Myself, I just wipe down after every throw, before re-bagging. I have a friend;though, who is a pro (routinely scores -24 on courses the rest of us strive for "par" at) and he runs them through the dishwasher occasionally. It hasn't seemed to have any negative effects on his discs.

Barely ever. Maybe before I put ribbons on in the winter. I just use my towel to wipe down discs during the round, and then clean the towel.

That said, my grungy ass practice Wizards (that just sit in the basket year round) could probably use a good cleaning. They're pretty gross.

I do not fully clean my discs after each round, but once a month or so I will give them all a good cleaning with soap and a sponge.

I usually just wipe them down after a round or two with a rag unless there is mud spots and then I just use a little water on those specific spots.

No need to clean. My discs go stright from the bag to my hand to the basket. They never touch the ground and so therefore they don't get dirty.

shakes head, good morning...

I wipe my discs as I play for the most part. Otherwise they stay as they are.

For me, I just want to get those discs clean of the oil/resin from the plants.

I find out that I'm impervious to poison oak during one of my mapping project for a Geology class. Basically, I was knee high in it and my partners told me to get out of the patch. They told me to buy an economy size virile of calamine lotion because I'll need it. 1 week, nothing. 2 weeks, nothing. A month to month and a half later, still nothing. So I guess I got really lucky.

I will clean with liquid dish soap if very muddy. However, I mostly just wipe with a wet rag then dry rag about monthly.

To everyone that completely wash your discs or run them in the dishwasher, do you also iron your boxers and jeans.

Latest posts