• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Clempson's 2012 Bag of Chucking Objects

Clempson13

Eagle Member
Ok, so I've almost been playing for a year now and after trying tons of discs and playing a variety of courses across the country - Here is what I am packing to start the year off:

Distance Drivers:
168g GL Bolt - Only driver in the bag, still slowly discing up. Getting just under/at 400'.

Fairway Drivers:
168g GL River - Workhorse driver, finally broken in.
175g GL River - Breaking in now, want to use it for turnover drives.
167g GL Striker - Straight flying with very predictable fade at end.
178g Opto Striker - For heavy headwinds, not broken in.
175g Champ 11XTB - Bought for $8 out of a guys truck at Winthrop, very beat in. Extremely straight glidey flight with no fade. Tight fairway disc

Mid-Ranges:
174g GL Fuse - Favorite.Disc.Ever. Does everything.
174g GL Fuse - Backup for Favorite.Disc.Ever. (same run as other)
166g Opto Fuse - Great for shaping long tight turnover shoots. very predictable fade.
167g GL Pain - Slightly overstable, predictable.
178g GL Pain - Very overstable, predictable.

Putters:
173g S Ion - Main putter
175g M Ion - Approach and long putt putter
169g R-Pro Avair - Just tossed it in for very long spin putts (very worn)
174g KC-Pro Avair - Just tossed it in for very long spin putts (newish)

Also in the bag are two Cores and two Flows that are just taking up space and I will occasionally throw. Trying to break the Flows to see what they are capable of. A glow Ion is in there too.

which putter are you throwing for longer holes around 200?

bag looks good. do you need striker and 11x teebird? maybe pick the one that is easiest for your to control and think of the other mold as only distance driver(100% power throws)

been messing with the avairs for that distance lately. they tend to release better for me at the moment.

yea the strikers replaced my teebirds, now it looks like they might get replaced by teebirds. keeping both for now until i decide.

Looks pretty good to me. When I was going Pains and Fuses, I had an Opto Pain that I finally got to beat into pretty straight, a fresh Pain, a fresh Fuse, and a beat to hell Opto Fuse. Worked pretty well.

looks good brotha, how is that heavy River? been wanting to try one but havent thrown a GL over 168-169g

Looks pretty good to me. When I was going Pains and Fuses, I had an Opto Pain that I finally got to beat into pretty straight, a fresh Pain, a fresh Fuse, and a beat to hell Opto Fuse. Worked pretty well.
yea, i am liking having two of each that can do multiple things. one of the pains is really flat, the other domey so it works similar to your set up.

looks good brotha, how is that heavy River? been wanting to try one but havent thrown a GL over 168-169g
so far so good, i don't really notice the extra weight when i throw it. still trying to break it in; still has that "out of the box stableness" that a lot of rivers have. should probably just bench the lighter one for a day to do that.

what is the light pain for? Couldn't you get away with just 2-3 discs at mid?

the light pain is flat on top and i use for straighter shots, the heavier one is very domey and i can get a lot of fade out of it when thrown flat, good for getting around corners when i can't throw i hyzer.

i just like using a heavier disc for an approach that needs to sit and a lighter straight flying one for a long precision approach.

First Event Setup

First event of the year tomorrow, here's the setup so far:

Distance Drivers:
168g GL Bolt
174g GL Flow
172g GL XXX - utility disc

Fairway Drivers:
168g GL River - domey
175g GL River - flat
167g GL Striker
178g Opto Striker - tree hitter

Mid-Ranges:
177g GL Fuse - brand new
174g GL Fuse - seasoned
166g Opto Fuse
167g GL Pain - flat
178g GL Pain - domey

Putters:
174g S Ion - Main putter (windy)
175g M Ion - Approach and long putt putter (windy)
169g S Ion - Main putter (no wind)
171g M Ion - Approach and long putt putter (no wind)

looks solid brotha, wish i could be there but hope you throw them well... actually you are prob about to get started in about 30 :) ... only thing i would say was maybe holding off on adding the drivers in for a tourny unless you have been throwing them again for a bit..but really like the setup :thmbup:

was brutal. poured rain the entire time for singles and the end of doubles. the creek became a river and was uncrossable on 16. aaand latitude discs are not known for their wet weather dependability.

placed first in my division :)

Nice job! I bet you had the prettiest plastic at the tourney. :D

Have you tried not having to have windy use putters? Learning to play the wind can help reduce the need for them.

^^^yea i actually just picked up the two lighter ones two weeks ago and wanted to carry all of them so used the windy scale as justification haha. honestly some days i just throw better with the lighter/heavier ones so i like having both

was brutal. poured rain the entire time for singles and the end of doubles. the creek became a river and was uncrossable on 16. aaand latitude discs are not known for their wet weather dependability.

placed first in my division :)

:clap: .. way to go brotha

^^^thanks!

picked up a light flat top GL river(171g) and Opto striker(171g) today. will probably shelve the striker til i eventually loose my other one, which will happen. opto is too damn clear. will toss in the river to see how it performs compared to the others, one will be shelved :|

OH! and i got the yellow/green color mix GL Flow (171g) marshall street has been taunting me with on their site for a long time. current ones in the bag are a little heavy for what i like in a go-to driver.

As of today:

Distance Drivers:
168g GL Bolt
168g GL Flow
172g GL XXX - utility disc - FH rollers, skips, thumbers
174g Opto Vision - BH Rollers

Fairway Drivers:
168g GL River - domey
171g GL River - flat
167g GL Striker
178g Opto Striker - tree hitter

Mid-Ranges:
177g GL Fuse - brand new
174g GL Fuse - seasoned
166g Opto Fuse
167g GL Pain - flat
178g GL Pain - domey

Putters:
174g S Ion - Main putter
169g S Ion - Main putter
173 Anode - Test Putter - violet
173 Anode - Test Putter - greens

looks solid.. might try and get out towards timmons this weekend if you out and about give me a ring :thmbup:

different lines, distance is pretty comparable. although recently i have been getting the flow a little further as it is breaking in. usually its just the skip at the end from the flow that gets it out a bit further

Latest posts