• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Club Insurance

wadevk

I run a small town club of roughly 40 members and our city has been nice as far as not requiring liability insurance for our league nights but they require it for any tournaments we run. Last year I hosted two PDGA events and had around 50 players for each, which is great, but we have been wanting to do an Ace Race or Trilogy Challenge and the cheapest private insurance I've came across is $200 per day per event... I've noticed a few people talking about their clubs insurance being around 4-500 per year and covering the club, leagues and events all in one. Any advice on companies to look for policies like this? I am in Northern Minnesota... Thanks!

Look for an independent agent in your area who specializes in, or at least prominently writes, commercial (business) insurance.

It's going to be a commercial liability policy to cover you, even though your club is not a business, the same policies protect non-profits and not-for-profits.

Independent agents can offer more and better options for unusual situations.

All sanctioned tourneys can be covered by PDGA insurance.

Club insurance is usually a members driven cost. For the Charlotte DGC we pay some set costs as well as a "per member" fee. We pay ours in July, and last year it was $3600.

Look for an independent agent in your area who specializes in, or at least prominently writes, commercial (business) insurance.

It's going to be a commercial liability policy to cover you, even though your club is not a business, the same policies protect non-profits and not-for-profits.

Independent agents can offer more and better options for unusual situations.
I was thinking I might have to go that route, but was hoping for an easy hidden gem online company. Thanks for the help!

It is possible to get sanctioning and thus insurance for such events under the X tier designation.
I'll have to look into that.

All sanctioned tourneys can be covered by PDGA insurance.

Club insurance is usually a members driven cost. For the Charlotte DGC we pay some set costs as well as a "per member" fee. We pay ours in July, and last year it was $3600.
Yep, but it seems odd to sanction an Ace Race or something similar. That is a crazy premium... how many members are there in Charlotte though?

https://www.theeventhelper.com/

attachment.php

Curious how accurate this is..

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-01-09-08-46-19.jpg
    Capture+_2017-01-09-08-46-19.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 164

Latest posts