• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

College DG Teams?

AciDBatH666

Double Eagle Member
I just got home from school not that long ago, Picked up a yearbook since they were handin em out. Lookin thru it and saw the sports sections/teams...yada yada...
Kinda got the idea of how cool it would be to have a College Disc Golf Team. I kinda looked online for some, Saw some Colleges had advertised a couple of College Tournaments at places like Vanderbilt and a couple of others.....

BUt no real information about any of em. It would be kewl to start up a chapter for our college....I wouldnt expect anything big. Ive only got a year or so left. BUt for starters it would be kinda hard to set it all up and figure what we're gonna do with ourselves. I got a friend thats on the Rugby team, and its Half our college, Half club team. So anyone can join, but they go play other teams as ULL's team. So its not really supported by the school, but its Half-ass affiliated with it.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on other teams and stuff. Wouldnt mind finding ppl around campus and getting something organized with our locals that i play with all the time.

If it's your last year, you may not get to see this all the way through, but I'd look into starting a disc golf club. Get as many people as you can together and start having organized league nights, practices and see if you can talk a local pro into putting on a workshop or something. Start going to tournaments as a team (make jerseys, shirts or hats or something to distinguish yourselfs) and start looking into hosting a tournament. Just build up all the momentum you can and get interest and participation from as many students as possible. Talk to the school newspaper and see if you can get a story run about your club.

Most schools have a way to start a club and possibly get money from the school, or student body. You may not get the cash right away, but keep petitioning for it. The more visibility you have, the more students you have and the more stuff you do will all get you more money. It will probably take a crapload of time, so putting together a cabnet of dedicated people together to do the work may be the easiest thing to do. Just make sure they're willing to do the legwork.

Getting other schools to start up similar clubs will probably depend on how successful you are at hosing your own events. I'm not sure what the best way is to get other schools to attend really is, but find out how and do that. Also, make sure your team attends any tournaments that are hosted at other schools and make your presence known.

Latest posts