• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

College Disc Golf Team

CwAlbino

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I am currently going to school at Indian Hills Community College and in the last week they have started up a disc golf club, and TEAM!!! yes a team to go play other colleges in tournaments! Needless to say I signed right up and then tried out for the team ;) Myself and 3 others made the team and will hopefully be whooping some other colleges a** in disc.

Thought I would share

p.s.- the course at IHCC was just recently resurrected and doesn't have a good review and pics, I will be uploading pics of each hole soon. I was going to type out a general lowdown of the course for ya but I can't do it justice. I'll just get pics soon

Way to go man. We've been trying to start one of the University at Buffalo lately. The "president" however hasn't been in contact with me for quite some time. Best of luck to you!

Congrats!. I'm curious, what were the requirements for making the team?

people that wanted to join all played a round at different times of the day (due to schedules) and the top 4 scores made the team. There's 1 backup if one of us were not able to make it.

nice! we have a meeting monday to start a club on campus, and we'll be playing in the midwest collegiate disc golf tournament in council bluffs in a week. any chance your team will be attending, since you're in iowa and all?

nice! we have a meeting monday to start a club on campus, and we'll be playing in the midwest collegiate disc golf tournament in council bluffs in a week. any chance your team will be attending, since you're in iowa and all?

that is your first tourney ;)

You boys need a coach? Well, since you asked I can swing it for no less than $45,000 a year and I promise we beat USC in the championship.

i just started at UNT we just formed a disc golf club & team. i didn't even realize that this was a legitimate collegiate thing with tourneys and a nationals event.

any UNT students in denton? come join the team. PM me.

UNC-Asheville has a disc golf club that competes in the Western North Carolina Intercollegiate Disc Golf Challenge (http://www.wncdiscgolf.com/intercollegiate.htm) 6 time champs. We have recently installed the first 6 holes of our disc golf course and are working on the next 12. As president of the club I will also be instructing Intro to Disc Golf a 1 credit course, part of the health and wellness promotion department.

Thats awesome! Im part of the disc golf club at Milwaukee School of Engineering that me and a few of my friends are getting to go pretty big time. were looking into hopefully getting some team "matches" coming up soon.

i just started at UNT we just formed a disc golf club & team. i didn't even realize that this was a legitimate collegiate thing with tourneys and a nationals event.

any UNT students in denton? come join the team. PM me.

Next fall I will be there. How many people on the team so far?

How are both teams looking?

Our team looks nice so far. I tied for second in the tryouts. I had some horrid drives, but I sunk 3 85+ foot putts in 18 holes that made me just feel f*ing amazing. Made up for the two double bogies I usually take pars on... Almost. ended +2 on the course.

best score was -2, then +2 by myself and another, then +4. The lead guy was consistent, my 2x double bogies totally owned my score. One of them I'd NEVER gotten a 5 on. The other is a 700 foot S curve with one curve partially over water, basically a par 4. Bad upshot. A three feels like a birdie, the lead guy hit a 3 on that with a 50 foot putt.

Wow. It seems like your pdga rating would be a better way to go. Or at least play more than just one course to determine who should be on the team. I guess if there weren't a lot of people trying out, then maybe one round would suffice.

people that wanted to join all played a round at different times of the day (due to schedules) and the top 4 scores made the team. There's 1 backup if one of us were not able to make it.

Latest posts