• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

College Teams/Clubs

Atlanta area is great for courses. Georgia Tech is right in the city and Life University is just north and they both have teams. Both compete in school tourneys. I'm sure there are a few others. I would google it. There was just the south east collegiate and I think there was just one on the west coast. I really think Atl is one of the best locations with all the courses and college choices around.

There are some good courses around metropolitan Atlanta, but nothing anywhere close into town, where the Ga Tech campus is. All the courses are way outside the I-285 Perimeter, except one temporary course at Perkerson Park that gets set up on Wednesday afternoons. Other than on Wed. afternoons, a student at Georgia Tech or Emory or wherever would likely have to drive a solid half hour to get to a course, and if you're trying to head out from town to the suburbs between 4pm and 7pm, you can expect to double or triple your driving time. :wall:

Life University is better situated for disc golf, but they're exclusively a Chiropractic school.

The University of Notre Dame just started a club in the fall. We are officially recognized by the University and are currently working through our probationary year. We've had some good success and participation from underclassmen and are currently competing in the Michigan Intercollegiate Series. FWIW I will be there for one more year to make sure the progress continues.

Oh and not to mention the 5 nearby, quality courses. And you're within 2 hours of the sites of the 1996, 2008 and 2010 pro worlds.

University of Oregon and Oregon State both have team. Last i heard Feldberg and Sexton are the Coaches of them team respectively. Oregon also has a ton of great courses.

Hippy007

This ^^^ The U of O probably has one of the better If not the very best college disc golf clubs in the country.

There's an abundance of top-level courses in the area.

Plus every year or so they pump out some fundraiser discs for trips to nationals with the super sweet Oregon "O"

University_Of_Oregon.jpg

if a college you want to attend doesn't have a club, don't let that affect your decision. starting a college disc golf club is really easy. the university of kansas club just started last fall and already competed at SEC. all you need is a few interested people and a faculty adviser. all i do as the faculty adviser for the ku club is fill out a couple pieces of paper work every semester.

if a college you want to attend doesn't have a club, don't let that affect your decision. starting a college disc golf club is really easy. the university of kansas club just started last fall and already competed at SEC. all you need is a few interested people and a faculty adviser. all i do as the faculty adviser for the ku club is fill out a couple pieces of paper work every semester.

I agree wholeheartedly. Not only can setting up your club be fairly easy but a well organized DGC can do wonders for the scene in the area.

U of Oregon. Your teacher is a world champion!

The school I graduated from, Anderson University (SC), now offers a 1 credit hour disc golf class taught by a local course designer and friend of mine. He is also starting up a disc golf club to compete against other Universities.

The school I graduated from, Anderson University (SC), now offers a 1 credit hour disc golf class taught by a local course designer and friend of mine. He is also starting up a disc golf club to compete against other Universities.

That is super-rad.

We're required to take 2 CR of PE at my College, some of the choices include...Walking...Billiards...Bowling...etc...

I'm contemplating going in and seeing if I could get my credits by discing...I've known people who did the same with a workout or running routine they had they just had to log it in a exercise. journal or whatever.

That is super-rad.

We're required to take 2 CR of PE at my College, some of the choices include...Walking...Billiards...Bowling...etc...

I'm contemplating going in and seeing if I could get my credits by discing...I've known people who did the same with a workout or running routine they had they just had to log it in a exercise. journal or whatever.

Yeah, this is the first semester they've offered it. Too bad I graduated in 2009...

Try Looking at the university of south Alabama. (Mobile, AL) if you really want to get away that badly

school itself has a 4.0 rated course, with 2 other 3.0+ rated courses within 2 miles of the campus.

Try Looking at the university of south Alabama. (Mobile, AL) if you really want to get away that badly

school itself has a 4.0 rated course, with 2 other 3.0+ rated courses within 2 miles of the campus.

I think Portland, OR to Mobile, AL would be quite the culture shock to me...

But that is a nice setup esp being on campus. My school has enough room for a decent sized 9 hole course that's just been left undeveloped for years now...I should get busy...

Search on here for courses with "college" or "university" in the title. I've played a good handful of school courses.

Results

college - 86
university - 73

just for curiosity sake
school - 99

i don't know if UT austin has a club/team but it's a great place to go to school and play great disc golf courses!

we've got a club here at UNT in north texas.

i don't know if UT austin has a club/team but it's a great place to go to school and play great disc golf courses!

we've got a club here at UNT in north texas.

I am the treasurer of the Texas State University club. we have tried setting up matches with UT but it seems their club has fallen apart and/or stopped responding. it really is hard to find new blood and it didn't help they lost Pease at the start of this year.

At Texas State we have our own course on campus that we get to tweak and maintain(go free labor!). this is good and bad but it has helped us build a strong relationship with the campus rec dept, which is huge for any future the club has.

We have had some preliminary talks with a few schools about having a texas schools challenge and maybe even expanding that to a larger regional tournament. Texas, especially austin, is a hot bed for disc golf. just sucks I wont be around by the time any sort of official collegiate league has formed. but there is no reason I can't lay the groundwork for the next group at Texas State

Notre Dame's not a bad choice either! We just started a club here and South Bend has a pretty vibrant disc golf scene. Check out the tournaments I've played for an idea of courses within a short drive. #40989

Latest posts