• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Colleges with disc Golf??

USI in Evansville has a course on campus, and another good course in town.

That's the first place I thought of when I saw the thread. USI has a small course and the other course is Mesker Park, located next to the Mesker Zoo.

If you want to be part of a competitive College Disc Golf Club, Purdue is the place to be in Indianna. IMO. Their program has lots of support and their on campus 9-holer is pretty solid. They also ran a killer collegiate qualifier this past year in October where they put 9 temps in that were a lot of fun.

Attend college in MI ;)

LSSU
MSU
CMU
WMU
EMU
FSU
GVSU
UofM
ACC
MMCC
KCC
NMC
NCMC

all have courses on or very near their campuses.

But really, just go to Notre Dame. Get in on the ground floor of a growing club.

Or you could go to Purdue and dominate all the regional competitions and host incredible tournaments. But where's the fun in that?

I'll throw another vote in for Purdue.

We have a competitive team (ranked #1 nationally for a while this past year), a fun little course next to your dorms, and with re-designs and new courses in the works, about to have some of the best/toughest disc golf in the state. Nice and welcoming local DG crew too.

Georgetown College in Georgetown Kentucky. Actually has a disc golf class and an up and coming team. Not the greatest course there but there are plans on revamping it.

Berea College in ...yep you guessed it Berea Kentucky.

UK had a Disc Golf team. not sure whats the current status right now. Several courses within spitting distance.

Purdue - North Central has a course on campus and is reasonably close to some excellent disc golf at Rogers Lakewood and Lemon Lake.

Or come to Valparaiso University and be closer to both Lemon Lake and, especially, Rogers Lakewood.

I'd heard a little about Notre Dame, and have played Purdue - North Central (slightly boring, perhaps, as a park course; but beautifully manicured). I'm happy to hear West Lafayette's got a group, as well.

At the moment there's nothing organized going on at Valparaiso, but I'd love to see that change. Rogers Lakewood is maybe six miles from campus, with a beautiful 24 holes. There's (reasonably uncontested?) space on campus for at least a few holes, maybe even nine. And fairly active men's and women's Ultimate teams. Maybe we can get something going...

Wisconsin has quite a few college courses.

UW-Stout
UWEC
Platteville

Those three have a course on campus, most others have at least one course within the same city. Disc golf is very popular among the younger Wisconsinites.

Rutgers has an 18 hole course on campus, but no team. I have heard good things about what they are doing over at Notre Dame though

USI in Evansville has a course on campus, and another good course in town.

There will be two more courses in Evansville by year's end... One of which we will be dropping the baskets next Saturday. It's Woodmere DGC on the east side of town.
The second new course will be a SWEET wooded course at a local camp called Camp Reveal. They already have baskets, just have to do a lot of clearing for it to be ready.
Also, there is Atkinson Park, which is directly across the Ohio River in Henderson, KY. Atkinson Park and Mesker Park are 15-20 minutes away.

One more thing about Evansville: We have one of the best, most inspired clubs around.

St. Olaf and Carlton in Northfield come to mind in MN. Rochester Tech has portable layout they set up for classes and a few events.

Wisconsin has quite a few college courses.

UW-Stout
UWEC
Platteville

Those three have a course on campus, most others have at least one course within the same city. Disc golf is very popular among the younger Wisconsinites.

These other UW system schools also have courses on campus:
Baraboo (18)
Barron County (in Rice Lake) (18)
Green Bay (9)
Parkside (in Kenosha) (18 + 21 = 39)
Whitewater (18)

WI Tech colleges with courses:
Lakeshore - Cleveland (18)
Moraine Park - West Bend (9)

The course in Beloit is adjacent to Beloit College's athletic fields, but not technically on campus.

Humboldt State University out here in CA has one of the best disc golf courses in the country right next to it. The course is named wrong on here, they call it Humboldt State University, but the real name of the course is the Redwood Curtain. It has allmost nothing to do with the college, Par Infinity has created and ran this course for more than 20yrs.

Latest posts