• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Colossus

Kidd Mack

Bogey Member
"Colossus is a 14 speed driver. Although it has a wide rim, it is also relatively easy to hold and throw both backhand and forehand. The flight numbers are 14, 5, -2, 3 for GStar and Star, and 14, 5, -1, 3 for Champion. If you've wanted to throw a really fast driver, but couldn't quite handle the wide rim, try the Colossus." - by Innova Discs

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 138
"If you've wanted to throw a really fast driver, but couldn't quite handle the wide rim, try the Colossus." - by Innova Discs

Thanks for posting this.

Having said that: what Innova is saying is a pure contradiction in terms... if the rim is as wide as the other fast drivers, why would one be more able to handle it in this disc vs. the others?!?!?!?

Blizzard (and Starlite) Dominator and Boss are more than enough for me. I'm getting re-acquainted with my EchoStar Tern. Do I need the "Colossus"? Keeping hand off the wallet on this one for the time being....

Innova has had quite a few naming duds recently, but this one is sick.

shopping

Well they couldnt very well make another boss.

Idk how i feel about this. I cant throw a boss really..

Thanks for posting this.

Having said that: what Innova is saying is a pure contradiction in terms... if the rim is as wide as the other fast drivers, why would one be more able to handle it in this disc vs. the others?!?!?!?

Blizzard (and Starlite) Dominator and Boss are more than enough for me. I'm getting re-acquainted with my EchoStar Tern. Do I need the "Colossus"? Keeping hand off the wallet on this one for the time being....

I thought the same thing, it's as wide as a Boss. So either you can handle it or not. Sounds like some good BS they are spewing.

Man I've always wanted to make a disc called the Colossus.
Guess ill I with my backup.

still working on really getting the DD2 to fly correctly, definately at the very top of my power range...

I wonder though with those flight ratings if the top or bottom is the same here as the DD2

still working on really getting the DD2 to fly correctly, definately at the very top of my power range...

I wonder though with those flight ratings if the top or bottom is the same here as the DD2

Same here. A new DD2 for me ain't flying true to numbers until I whack a few good trees with it. Same with my Bosses. They're my go to drivers, but they gotta take a beating, or be one of those less stable runs.

seriously, this sounds promising to those who pair bosses & terns. mold minimalization, here we come!

I've thrown a few star Bosses that flew like champion Terns out of the Box. I think you can already minimize that way if you just look for lower/higher PLH Bosses (or Champ/Star/GStar Terns although it's harder to find a more OS champ Tern I think).

I guess maybe the bit about people not being able to handle high speed drivers refers to people who can't get them up to speed, but if you want a more understable high speed driver than the Boss, you can already get a Katana or Vulcan. Also, I think most people on here would agree that if you can't get high speed drivers up to speed, you're better off in terms of reliability discing down to a lower speed driver you can actually handle than trying to go for a less stable high speed driver. Discs like the Katana and Vulcan when I used them in the past were always really touchy, which is why I don't use those anymore. Sometimes they would absolutely bomb, but it was hard to get them to fly consistently. The Tern seems a little better in that regard so maybe this will be the speed 13 (14?) version of the Tern.

In fact, maybe the Groove will go OOP and this will replace it on Innova's flight chart. Given the dislike many have for the Groove, that would make a lot of sense.

I've thrown a few star Bosses that flew like champion Terns out of the Box. I think you can already minimize that way if you just look for lower/higher PLH Bosses (or Champ/Star/GStar Terns although it's harder to find a more OS champ Tern I think).

I guess maybe the bit about people not being able to handle high speed drivers refers to people who can't get them up to speed, but if you want a more understable high speed driver than the Boss, you can already get a Katana or Vulcan. Also, I think most people on here would agree that if you can't get high speed drivers up to speed, you're better off in terms of reliability discing down to a lower speed driver you can actually handle than trying to go for a less stable high speed driver. Discs like the Katana and Vulcan when I used them in the past were always really touchy, which is why I don't use those anymore. Sometimes they would absolutely bomb, but it was hard to get them to fly consistently. The Tern seems a little better in that regard so maybe this will be the speed 13 (14?) version of the Tern.

you started getting there! champ bosses compliment stable-understable champ terns like whoa.

yes, katanas and vulcans are all over the place, and so are bosses. champ terns have been the most consistent stable/understable mold for minimalization. but, even metal flakes and glows are not OS enough to carry them exclusively.

Latest posts