• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Colossus

Innova doesn't have to "compete" with any other company re speed. IIRC, they were the first to speed 13 with the Boss. And it's an arbitrary # anyway.

Innova doesn't have to "compete" with any other company re speed. IIRC, they were the first to speed 13 with the Boss. And it's an arbitrary # anyway.

It's optics. It's marketing. And Innova is doing it very well, indeed.

What? Of course they so. And, no, it's not arbitrary.

Let me rephrase for you, Innova doesn't have to "worry" about any other company re speed. There's nothing any other company can do that Innova can't do...in spades.

Is that better?

You can't compare different companies rating because they are not on the same scale. One companies speed 14 could be Innova 12 or 13.

Any company can come out with a disc and call it whatever they want and it's mostly marketing. Speed 50? Why not?

You can't compare different companies rating because they are not on the same scale. One companies speed 14 could be Innova 12 or 13.

Any company can come out with a disc and call it whatever they want and it's mostly marketing. Speed 50? Why not?

What you say is absolutely true. The numbers are still advertising tools, and that's what Innova and the other compnies are using to market and sell discs. Ergo, the Colossus is called "speed 14", comparisons notwithstanding.

Not so much marketing/advertising, really. Whole bunch of discs, very slow to very fast comparatively, within a mfgr...so gotta come up with some kind of reference to accommodate the entire lineup, and numbers are the least vague method. How people view those numbers is up to them.

Not so much marketing/advertising, really. Whole bunch of discs, very slow to very fast comparatively, within a mfgr...so gotta come up with some kind of reference to accommodate the entire lineup, and numbers are the least vague method. How people view those numbers is up to them.

Whatever I say, you're going to take the other side just to do so. I could say the earth goes around the sun and you'll say the opposite just to spite me. Whatever.

My point is that Innova called the Colossus "speed 14" so they could market it as such, and market the fact they have what they call a "speed 14" disc to compete with the molds other companies are calling "speed 14". They're making sure they're represented in that arena, competing for sales, and they're perfectly correct to do so. Sure we know speeds are relative, but that's beside my point: it's about marketing, it's about competing for sales.

Whatever I say, you're going to take the other side just to do so. I could say the earth goes around the sun and you'll say the opposite just to spite me. Whatever.

My point is that Innova called the Colossus "speed 14" so they could market it as such, and market the fact they have what they call a "speed 14" disc to compete with the molds other companies are calling "speed 14". They're making sure they're represented in that arena, competing for sales, and they're perfectly correct to do so. Sure we know speeds are relative, but that's beside my point: it's about marketing, it's about competing for sales.

Not to "spite" you, but 1) you're commenting on things that most here already know, and 2) you have your mind made up ahead of time, with no room to reconsider your view. That being the case, you're ALWAYS going to run into this, from multiple sources.

Discs that are new to you, disc golf issues that you're not yet aware of as a new player, age old disc golf info that's readily available, and things such as technique, strategy, ability...you could/should have come here from the outset ASKING questions instead of brazenly trying to provide all the answers...which inevitably turn out to be incorrect. And then arguing vehemently whenever opposed, even incidentally in many cases.

People here are generally willing to help, but not when they're insulted or called flat out WRONG, when they KNOW the facts to be otherwise.

I'll give you an example: When you first showed up here, you posted how you thought the Freedom sucked, and was no where near its numbers(i.e. understable #'s). Something about how it was fading right away for you, and not flying like it "should". I innocently(and foolishly as it turned out) replied to that post by saying a beginner shouldn't be throwing a speed 13 disc, too fast/too high a power requirement... and to at least disc down to speed 9-10. You replied by calling me out and saying I was WRONG, and had no idea what I was talking about, and how DARE I suggest such a thing. Then the absurd Leopard rants from you for weeks following. Fast forward 3 months or so, and low and behold, you're claiming the speed 7 TL as your favorite disc. Do the math. And did the light bulb go on?...whether you want to admit it or not?

But, evidently no lesson was learned by you regarding in-your-face posts and interaction here. You still insist on coming out of left field and claiming all sorts of disc golf fallacies, the latest being that the majority of disc golfers are not capable of throwing a putter 250'...when the opposite is true. And the reasons give by you, unbelievable! Nothing to do with reality...well, possibly YOUR reality.

My advice would be to lighten up, open your mind, and get up to snuff on all this before pontificating about every disc, every form discussion, whatever.

Okay?...okay.

the latest being that the majority of disc golfers are not capable of throwing a putter 250'...when the opposite is true.

That is an outright lie. I *never* said that the "majority" of disc golvers are not capable of throwing a putter 250'. I said SOME people will never do that, and I stand by that. But what you said is not only a misrepresentation of what I said, it is just a pure, dishonest LIE. And I'm not surprised that you will tell whatever LIE you want to in order to personally attack me.

Your method of disagreeing with something I say is and always has been to attack me personally and viciously, and now you're saying I said something I didn't say, just lying and just making things up in order to continue the personal attacks.

Last edited:
OMG! :sick:

SD, get back on your meds...

And after saying I said something I never said, just lying about me, then being called for your dishonesty... you again personally attack me. It's all you know. Your lack of integrity, your sheer dishonesty has been exposed, so you resort to base personal attacks. No surprise there.

OMG! :sick:

SD, get back on your meds...

...female?

Yes SD is most definitely female (nothing wrong with that!!!).

SD, I don't like snap-it.

That said, I fully support what he just called you out on. You run your mouth about everything disc golf related like you're an aficionado but for some odd reason (not really odd I'm just being a dick) everyone keeps correcting or disagreeing with you. Maybe there's a reason for that . . .

That said, I fully support what he just called you out on. You run your mouth about everything disc golf related like you're an aficionado but for some odd reason (not really odd I'm just being a dick) everyone keeps correcting or disagreeing with you. Maybe there's a reason for that . . .

So you support snap-it lying, outright making things up? I don't care what you think of me; if you don't like what I post, put me on ignore. But snap-it is just lying, so why don't you call THAT out....

By the way, I am a male, not a female. You don't know that, so I won't accuse you of lying. But if you say I'm a female again, then you would be lying and it would be a personal attack.

Last edited:
And after saying I said something I never said, just lying about me, then being called for your dishonesty... you again personally attack me. It's all you know. Your lack of integrity, your sheer dishonesty has been exposed, so you resort to base personal attacks. No surprise there.

Regarding the ability to throw a putter 250', you mentioned McBeth, Shusterick, Tiger Woods...and then everybody else. Now the 180...whatever.

Anyway, interesting that this point is the ONLY one you challenged out of my entire post.

Do you have that much of a problem with the truth? Get a grip, will ya?

Regarding the ability to throw a putter 250', you mentioned McBeth, Shusterick, Tiger Woods...and then everybody else. Now the 180...whatever.

Anyway, interesting that this point is the ONLY one you challenged out of my entire post.

Do you have that much of a problem with the truth? Get a grip, will ya?

Again, go look at every post I made... I *NEVER* said the "majority" of people could not throw putters 250'. Never. You made that up. You said I said that when I didn't, and YOU ARE LYING ON PURPOSE ABOUT IT.

I have a problem with you NOT telling the truth, with you LYING about what I said, with you making things up about me just to reinforce your personal attacks upon me. Everyone else can read the posts and they'll see that YOU are just a liar, snap-it.

next question, age?

Latest posts