• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

So from the comparisons I'm reading, a Cobra is the closest thing outside of an Ontario Roc to an Innova Comet?

Pretty much.. I'd toss the Tursas in the ring but it takes a touch more power to get it going if you have 300+ of power you won't notice.. It will fly like an ESP Comet on the front end and hook up a bit more when it runs out of juice.

Eh, na. This is a very loose analogy but think TB/EX and beat TB/beat EX. New Comets will be very straight (though their HSS differs from TBs) with some fade, and when they beat they can develope some turn and lose some fade. New Cobras are like a new EX, little turn and some fade for sure. More beat and they turn more but still hang onto that fade like an EX would. Even my 4-5/10 Cobras fade given enough height - I don't have a Comet that beat but I would assume they would not fade anywhere near the way a Cobra would.

You could absolutely utilize a Cobra instead of an Ontario Roc or Comet, but all three molds must be thrown and controlled in different yet similar manners.

Thanks. I was just curious since I'd seen some Cobras recently and they felt nice. You also understood what I was trying to say.

Eh, na. This is a very loose analogy but think TB/EX and beat TB/beat EX. New Comets will be very straight (though their HSS differs from TBs) with some fade, and when they beat they can develope some turn and lose some fade. New Cobras are like a new EX, little turn and some fade for sure. More beat and they turn more but still hang onto that fade like an EX would. Even my 4-5/10 Cobras fade given enough height - I don't have a Comet that beat but I would assume they would not fade anywhere near the way a Cobra would.

You could absolutely utilize a Cobra instead of an Ontario Roc or Comet, but all three molds must be thrown and controlled in different yet similar manners.
Eagles are the Cobra's of fairways, they both have that S curve because they have early turn and late fade. It's kinda like throwing a flex shot without needing to flex the disc. The other disc of note that was like this was the Cyclone. It gave good forward penetration while it faded, but it did fade. I think the reason I was more Roc/Comet with my mids was that I already had an S curve driver in the Cyclone and really didn't need a Cobra to go with it.

Well I was scanning through to see who it was that said fly dye Z was awesome.. But sorry man I can't remember, either way thanks! My pop top fly dye Z is awesome it's breaking in beautifully. Still a little more turn resistant but mellowing in to wicked glide.. I'm getting some easy turn out of it now and appreciating the domey Comet a lot more than I used to.

I've played a few two disc "one disc" rounds head to head and it is consistently winning largely due to putting like a plasma envy of similar light weight but also because I'm hitting my lines, more with a tight S than a flat laser. Drop in birds..

That would be me, or a least I am one of those whom think the fly dyed Z are the best.... except for finding them in dead leaves

That would be me, or a least I am one of those whom think the fly dyed Z are the best.... except for finding them in dead leaves

I thought it was you.. Or ponder.. Maybe Alexplz.. Haha.

Thanks man, that pop top is probably ranked #4 out of 10 and possibly advancing especially as it heats up out there for summer. Funny what an extra 10 degrees can do to a discs stability. It is tough to find but when it's always near the pin it's not too bad haha.

The front end stability on fly dye is beating out faster than the ESPs low speed stability. My initial bet was on the flat top ESP..

Been a while since I've thrown a swirly esp comet. Found a really great looking domey one buy can't decide if I should get it. I currently have an x comet, 2nd run LE, fly dye z, and a ledgestone TI.

Either convince me to get it or talk me out of it because I've got a problem.

Been a while since I've thrown a swirly esp comet. Found a really great looking domey one buy can't decide if I should get it. I currently have an x comet, 2nd run LE, fly dye z, and a ledgestone TI.

Well, they beat in more stable instead of less... you can start a Comet to Roc cycle...

You have four Comets and think you have a problem? Buy 46 more and get back to me. :|

Wait, so you're telling me the runs of comets become more stable with use? What is this madness.

The MJ Glo Swirl ESP does... I think the PLH is beating to a higher line.

K1 glow Falks also beat in to be more stable. I am not the only one whom has had this happen.

Weird, I know

K1 glow Falks also beat in to be more stable. I am not the only one whom has had this happen.

Weird, I know

Is it only the MJ signature swirl esp that exhibits this or regular swirly 2018esp?

Chained out on an ace with my Elite X Comet today. Parked a hole that I've only ever parked once before with it as well. Contributed to 2 of my 6 birds today.

You're the only person I've ever heard say this, and I kind of wish you'd stop pushing it so much.

I've worked 2 2018 MJ ESP Swirl Glow Comets in, and neither of them have GAINED stability. They certainly aren't flippy yet, but definitely less stable than the other near brand new ones I have.

You're the only person I've ever heard say this, and I kind of wish you'd stop pushing it so much.

I've worked 2 2018 MJ ESP Swirl Glow Comets in, and neither of them have GAINED stability. They certainly aren't flippy yet, but definitely less stable than the other near brand new ones I have.

2 for 2, why I dropped them out of my bag and went back to my old 2015 ledgestone Ti.

I have no idea what use case made ours act different, but get over it.

I have no idea what use case made ours act different, but get over it.

Get over it? You're spreading info that hasn't been confirmed by anyone else, with any disc, in any plastic. It's bad information. It could be something as simple as you expect it to be less stable so you're compensating too much for the flight.

FWIW I only have one MJ Glow Swirl but it's beating in for me. Definitely not more (over)stable than when it started. Fade is the same or very similar, it's gaining that "drift right RHBH" more and more to be specific.