• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

At any rate...most Comet throwers I know are cheating with a more OS mid for certain situations. You CAN throw only Comets. I've seen it done. I'm not that good. :|

I messed up by throwing a whatevertheycallit-Champ plastic Gila that was a bit too beefy for me. Fossils are $$$, though. The only thing keeping Sentinels in my bag right now is the financial investment I have in the stack I've got. :|

Edit: Amber? Is it Amber plastic?
Yes amber. I prefer Armor (more like star) and they are usually straighter. They start close or less stable than a fresh fossil, but faster and have good carry. I carry 2 or 3 Gila and 2 or 3 Comets.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

What drivers are you Comet throwers using?

I throw x Comet and a Roc that's probably more like a Z comet as mids and absolutely love em. Wondering if I'd have similar taste in whatever driver you're using

I'm a Comet thrower and on the "understable" side of things I bag Leopard3's and Sidewinders . . . I think they are "Comet-like" drivers with the understanding that no driver will ever be like a mid like the Comet. But they glide well, are workable on various lines and are good finesse discs like a Comet.

If you love Discraft then probably a Mantis and Heat would be the same kind of thing (MJ does bag those).

I've never thrown them but I'll bet others would add the FD, River & Maverick to the list. From all I've read I'll bet the FD is the most Comet-like driver . . . but I'm happy with the Leo3's so I never tried them.

My drivers are not indictive of my love for comets. Beat teebirds and beat in wraiths are my long range flippy discs.

A beat in teebird can be comet-esque cause they are neutral line holders.

Eagle Xs... DX and Star
Leopards... Pro, DX, and Champ or Star
Sidewinder
Wraith or Shryke

My drivers aren't really settled. ^^^These are the most likely to be in the bag. The Leopards are almost always in. Thunerbirds/Vikings/OLFs/Undertakers sometimes make an appearance.

I'm a Comet thrower and on the "understable" side of things I bag Leopard3's and Sidewinders . . . I think they are "Comet-like" drivers with the understanding that no driver will ever be like a mid like the Comet. But they glide well, are workable on various lines and are good finesse discs like a Comet.

If you love Discraft then probably a Mantis and Heat would be the same kind of thing (MJ does bag those).

I've never thrown them but I'll bet others would add the FD, River & Maverick to the list. From all I've read I'll bet the FD is the most Comet-like driver . . . but I'm happy with the Leo3's so I never tried them.

My drivers are not indictive of my love for comets. Beat teebirds and beat in wraiths are my long range flippy discs.

A beat in teebird can be comet-esque cause they are neutral line holders.

Eagle Xs... DX and Star
Leopards... Pro, DX, and Champ or Star
Sidewinder
Wraith or Shryke

My drivers aren't really settled. ^^^These are the most likely to be in the bag. The Leopards are almost always in. Thunerbirds/Vikings/OLFs/Undertakers sometimes make an appearance.

Sidewinders/Roadrunners

Thanks guys.

I currently throw Z FLX Heat which I really like that's likely in the SW ballpark. Also have a PP Convict that I like for similar finesse flight but slightly more stable.

I'm kind of on a fairway kick lately but on the understable side, I mainly use a Relay. I like the Relay a lot but I've always been curious about what a proper weighted Leopard in different plastics would fly like, as well as FDs. Only tried a lightweight mantis... Stalkers?

I bought my old man a Sting last year, I should also try that this spring.

Add: I used to have a DX Eagle that I destroyed... i'd like to try more of those too

... I've always been curious about what a proper weighted Leopard in different plastics would fly like...
Gorgeous. Slow-ish and long... if you have a decent ceiling to work with. These are easily capable of 400+ on a golf line if you throw them correctly. Stars work best for these shots IMO.

I use:
DX for very understable
Pro for pretty much anything I can
Star (or Champ) for relatively overstable or higher powered shots.

It's a good match for a Comet IMO. JLS, FD and others can also be considered. From what I hear, Leos are a bit like Relays. I still need to try Relays one of these days. I just never get paid in Relays for the stamp jobs I do :(

Last edited:

Undertakers and hurricanes mainly

Pipeline or Squall will be in there by the time season comes in, but not both

The Mantis is a really nice versatile disc, but falls in the very small slot next to my beat Undertakers and flippier Squall

Gorgeous. Slow-ish and long... if you have a decent ceiling to work with. These are easily capable of 400+ on a golf line if you throw them correctly. Stars work best for these shots IMO.

I use:
DX for very understable
Pro for pretty much anything I can
Star (or Champ) for relatively overstable or higher powered shots.

It's a good match for a Comet IMO. JLS, FD and others can also be considered. From what I hear, Leos are a bit like Relays. I still need to try Relays one of these days. I just never get paid in Relays for the stamp jobs I do :(

Oh man, makes me want to grab a Pro and a Star. Relays are really fun. That's a shame MVP hasn't paid you in Relays.

I carry D1s and Wraiths.

I have a stock Z Comet that's pretty stable but I don't throw it because that's not the shot I wanna use a Comet for.

My straight to fade or "stable" mid is a perfectly worked in 400 M2, I've been dabbling with the new MX-3 as well and enjoy it a lot.

I used to be a Roadrunner guy mid 160's champ and star. They're deadly.. But now I'm also a Relay guy.. Love my 165 Relays, the heavy ones are alright too but I like less stability. And for distance a light plasma Wave,PLASMA! I think it's 155 or 165g there's a 5 in there. Really good long shaper, my neutron is substantially more beefy.

Latest posts