• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

It's been almost a week since a post was made in here....

So, any dates on when the 2020 MJ's are going to drop?
I am DONE buying specialty run discs.

I am done buying specialty run discs.

I am buying specialty run discs.

When do these come out?

What plastic is generally the gummy/softest for comets? I bought an old saturn stamped comet in X I think? It feels like soft x to me and I was wondering if there's current plastic like it. I have a Z, Tour Series ESP, and Glo that are all stiffer than what I'm preferring right now.

What plastic is generally the gummy/softest for comets?
ESP is the most likely to give you what you want in my experience. Some are softer than others, you either need to feel them yourself or find a store you trust to sell you a soft one.

I think the old Saturn stamps were all on TP (Tourney Pro plastic) but I'm not sure about that.

What plastic is generally the gummy/softest for comets? I bought an old saturn stamped comet in X I think? It feels like soft x to me and I was wondering if there's current plastic like it. I have a Z, Tour Series ESP, and Glo that are all stiffer than what I'm preferring right now.

ESP is the most likely to give you what you want in my experience. Some are softer than others, you either need to feel them yourself or find a store you trust to sell you a soft one.

I think the old Saturn stamps were all on TP (Tourney Pro plastic) but I'm not sure about that.
There may have been a really early run of X with the Saturn stamp, but it's far more likely that the disc was Tournament Pro.

Tournament Pro to me doesn't feel all that far off from X. The disc I'm most familiar with in Soft X is the APX, and a Soft X APX is generally softer than what Tournament Pro was.

So you end up chasing Unicorns; looking for an X or ESP run that is softer than usual to match a softer than usual Tournament Pro disc. If you don't want to chase Unicorns, I'd just throw an X Comet.

New Big Z Stamp? So long, Flying Meatball.

picture.php

Do others like that Big Z stamp?

Looks like a demon monkey to me. I just don't think mean and aggressive fits a glidey finesse disc . . .

If I had to personify the Comet I think of it more as a disc wearing sunglasses and riding a surfboard across the galaxy with a big grin as it hits the chains.

Well if you were more familiar with the DC zodiac calendar... you would know the year of the demon monkey comes after the year of the meatball.

Like.. Duh.

Not much a fan of either big Z stamp. Havent been a fan of the two Big Zs I tried either. Both are flatter than I like. Big Z does sure feel good though.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Latest posts