• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Does this group need a Comet-specific stamp? wink wink ;)

Geez I looked on my phone, no comet only pictures. I will post a pic of my favourite in that album. I want membership and to be cool too.

Wait a minute did you mean you might make a stamp. Yes!!! I'm totally diggin your plague doctor. I saw the next stamp, some cool elements but not my thing... glad my CrAzY money got spent on the Plaguey's, I've been hoping you might fulfill that threat from last year to do a Comet stamp..

Last edited:
^ and so it begins.. Haha yeah there could be some Comet preference issues... I'm in for two or three of whatever.. Just happy to support your work and the Comet.

.....As long as they're not elite X. Unless you find some 10yr old X blanks, then I'll take four. Or yellow I like yellow. I want yellow, hard ESP blend. Maybe 4 of those, but they need to be a mix of flat top and medium dome....... and left handed. I definitely need left handed yellow esp medium dome 173.4g Comet's.

Seriously though I would support it no matter what type/weight/variation was offered.

When you say stable, do you mean straight flying or overstable flying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It feels odd to say this with the Comet but I was meaning most 'overstable'. Most leaning left (RHBH) on a hyzer Comet plastic.

How about the Titaniums? In comparison to Z & Glo Z?

So, the comet has had a few molding variations over the past decade with the most recent happening between fall of 2018 and March of 2019. Prior to the fall change, most comets had a lower shoulder and less of a dome to them. This resulted in a really straight flying comet IMO. However when they started to run the MJ Tour Series for 2019, something changed and most of the comets I've purchased in the past year have a high shoulder with a bit more dome on them. These seem to have a little more stability to them...again this is my opinion only.

So, if you're looking for a more overstable comet, most of the 2019 MJ's are what you're looking for. However, there have been some 2019 MJ's that came out a little flatter and fly really straight.

The current run of Ti's are ok, but I'd put them just a smidge less than the high shoulder/domey MJ's.

If you can find the Discraft Bar Stamp Glow Comets, they are crazy beefy for a Comet. The 2020 MJ's might also fit the bill for you as well as they have some stability to them.

For what it's worth, I put a fresh domey 2019 MJ in my bag at the start of last season. It just got retired because of an ace, but prior to that, I could still rip on it even into a little headwind and have it flip to flat and fly a laser beam out to 320'.

I've not purchased any recent Z's, so I can't speak to those. Just look for a high shoulder and a bit of dome if you want a comet that has stability.

FWIW, I love the term "Cometeers." :thmbup:

So FWIW I was in another thread asking for midrange advice.. Someone suggested the Comet though unique could be replaced by a different disc. So now I'm here trademarking/ offering up our battle cry:

I strike thee down in the name of the Cometeers!!!!
(And away I go on a frozen rope :D)

I couldn't help myself.
e79e7efcc94fd791685f3f156f1bb655.jpg