• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

My Comet says "eliteX". I'd like to get some more but was wondering if "X Line" is the same plastic.

I'm assuming so but figured somebody might know better. Thanks.

My Comet says "eliteX". I'd like to get some more but was wondering if "X Line" is the same plastic.

Yes, it is the same.*

*Understand that there is a little variation in the plastic used for different runs. It might not be 100% exactly the same. But Elite X (or X line) is definitely not Pro-D, Z, ESP, etc. Elite X = X line.

Yes, it is the same.*

*Understand that there is a little variation in the plastic used for different runs. It might not be 100% exactly the same. But Elite X (or X line) is definitely not Pro-D, Z, ESP, etc. Elite X = X line.

Now I'm not completely disagreeing.. I eat X plastic quickly.. I used to have an old Elite X comet early 2000's I think. It was gorgeous a little more on the ESP side of life, smoother plastic better durability... the newer X isn't quite the same but it's the only X going..

I sure regret letting a buddy use it, since he only threw it on one hole out of 27 for one shot kinda deal.. I told him to throw it all the time and it would help his game. He forgot to pick it up somewhere down the line. It was a FANTASTIC Comet. :(

Thanks for the replies. I'll order a few X-lines and see how it goes.

I just started throwing this at work a few days ago...I love it now. I don't want to lose it since I've had it for so long, so a few new discs (even if just similar) would be nice to have.

I bought my Comet in 2002. Here's a shot of it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• comet.jpg
    comet.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 214
Send it to me, I'll tell you what current run you should buy. I'll totally return it...

(a profile picture would help track down actual back ups!)

that's like the grail for me. sparkly elite x comet with a saturn stamp. they weren't run that way for very many years, there's way more TP comets with that stamp. It's the only stock stamp I really want to find.

Thanks for the replies. I'll order a few X-lines and see how it goes.

I just started throwing this at work a few days ago...I love it now. I don't want to lose it since I've had it for so long, so a few new discs (even if just similar) would be nice to have.

I bought my Comet in 2002. Here's a shot of it:

attachment.php

If you ever decide to get rid of it, I'd be willing to pay for at least 2 stock run X Comets. Mine is a similar blend, but with a later stamp. Absolutely magic in the woods.

Thinking about it too.. Whatever weight that is drop 3 or 4g and get an ESP if the X's don't work out.

Quarantine has me down...

I haven't thrown in two months.

I haven't bought any discs.

I miss stupid specialty run Comets that I don't need that I buy anyway and then we argue about how they fly compared to other Comets.

I guess what I'm saying is...

picture.php

If you ever decide to get rid of it, I'd be willing to pay for at least 2 stock run X Comets. Mine is a similar blend, but with a later stamp. Absolutely magic in the woods.

That is the exact one my mom has from 2005, hers is Elite X but with one of the old Discraft logos on top and in the stamp the modern Discraft logo, kind of odd transition disc and not nearly as sparkly as the old Elite X plastic but more a shimmer or luster to the disc.

This is kind of how my Wasp in old Elite X was but the sparse flakes flaked off the disc right away, they were coming off in my hand as I got the disc as my Ice Bowl disc with different tournament stamp for the 2005 Aberdeen South Dakota Ice Bowl as the Aberdeen South Dakota Ice Bowl ran out of Ice Bowl stamped discs, even older 2004 ones of the previous year or year before that as my dad ended up with one of the last of those with a DX Avair P&A that is as flexible as modern Soft Pro D even when the Aviar P&A was new.

Of all the discs in my small collection, this is the only one with sentimental value.

I bought it on a weekend DG roadtrip I took with the buddy who introduced me to disc golf. I recently found out he's not doing too good in his fight with cancer. I hope to play with him again some day and show him this disc. Until I get that chance this Comet will live on the wall.

Sorry about your buddy, half of me says throw that thing with pride and always think of him. Other half of course says hang that up and preserve it. No right answer:\

I added one of the '19 Sparkle Zs to my bag yesterday with much success. Domey, stiff, quite stable, paired well with a fairly flat stock ESP and domey understable X. I tried to throw it as much as possible for any shot that didn't require a driver or a putt. Very workable and had surprisingly better glide than I remembered (tested my two when I first got them, Been in the closet since) which was nice. Even held up to open field windy shots well. First time ever Playing the Preserve at AGA Farms (Perkasie, PA) and it was a blast aside from the open 1100' par 5. Boring hole with a giant fairway and zero trees.

Don't recall hearing much about these, anybody else bagging one? I was throwing the pink:

sRLte0Oh.jpg

Of all the discs in my small collection, this is the only one with sentimental value.

I bought it on a weekend DG roadtrip I took with the buddy who introduced me to disc golf. I recently found out he's not doing too good in his fight with cancer. I hope to play with him again some day and show him this disc. Until I get that chance this Comet will live on the wall.

Well seems to me your buddy got you to get a Comet after getting you into DG... good dude... I would say any Comet you throw should remind you of him and that one on the wall is a great Comet collector show piece to boot.

I had some problems checking out as a guest on Infinite this morning, but I got that fixed and have 3 new X line Comets on the way. This should make practice a bit more productive than just having one.

I'm pretty excited to get this disc figured out since so far it's awesome and I still suck with it. Can't wait to get mediocre.

I had some problems checking out as a guest on Infinite this morning, but I got that fixed and have 3 new X line Comets on the way. This should make practice a bit more productive than just having one.

I'm pretty excited to get this disc figured out since so far it's awesome and I still suck with it. Can't wait to get mediocre.

Stick with those Xs...don't throw something like that '19 Sparkle Z I posted for a while. It's not "what you think of when talking about a Comet" but it is something that will eventually pair very well:thmbup:

EDIT: Don't is a strong word, just meant they aren't what is being referred to as "Comet magic" over and over again on these forums. They're a type of Comet.

Last edited:
Stick with those Xs...don't throw something like that '19 Sparkle Z I posted for a while. It's not "what you think of when talking about a Comet" but it is something that will eventually pair very well:thmbup:

EDIT: Don't is a strong word, just meant they aren't what is being referred to as "Comet magic" over and over again on these forums. They're a type of Comet.

I will second that.... Your first Comet or 3 are kinda special, you learn and grow with them. As you get better they break in more, forcing you to get better because they lose LSS and HSS.. I'm glad I still have my first clear Z Comet, it's amazing I never lost it.

Unless you are venturing into replacing something stable like a 172 ESP (D?) Buzzz with a 176 sparkle Z Comet. Personally I'd go ESP for the next one of a glow Z, again drop a few grams from what you are liking now for a Comet. Glow Z BTW is awesome, mildly beefy and one of my favourite plastics, though I'm more of an ESP guy lately.

Yeah you will only get better, thanks to DGCR and my first Comet I'm definitely on the pro side of mediocre. Haha :D

(Two months with only a Comet and an Ion.. So much better, I'd like to kick my old self)

Last edited:
Don't recall hearing much about these, anybody else bagging one?[/IMG]

I carried one of the pink ones for a while last season. Very much a point-and-shoot disc, I really liked that it would hold whatever line you put it on. Perfect stable Comet flight right out of the box, and it never beat in for me. Still flies just like new.

Main issue for me was the grip in wetter weather. The slicker plastic combined with the dome meant I wasn't getting the clean releases I wanted. I always end up going back to baseline/pro midranges.

Those are way more sparkly than my sparkle z comet from this year. I was disappointed in it, especially after throwing so many DGA SP line

Those are way more sparkly than my sparkle z comet from this year. I was disappointed in it, especially after throwing so many DGA SP line

Just to be a dick, have some close ups:D All joking aside, do you (or anyone) have much experience with colored sparkle/metal flake? The green one is only silver, the pink has silver, red, blue, and pink/purple. I personally don't recall any sparkle type plastic with anything other than silver.

FULL SIZE OF ^THAT
FULL SIZE v2

GREEN UP CLOSE
PINK UP CLOSE

...It's not "what you think of when talking about a Comet"

That's a great way of putting it.

I currently use my putter for dead straight, with no fade shots to 200'.

I want the Comet for this same shot to 250'+...dead straight, no fade (which is what I'm currently seeing).

I'm not really a strong player, so is this what a Comet (in my case an X line 175) should be for me, or would I be better off comparing some Sol's (of different plastics and weights) as well?

Latest posts