• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

That's a great way of putting it.

I currently use my putter for dead straight, with no fade shots to 200'.

I want the Comet for this same shot to 250'+...dead straight, no fade (which is what I'm currently seeing).

I'm not really a strong player, so is this what a Comet (in my case an X line 175) should be for me, or would I be better off comparing some Sol's (of different plastics and weights) as well?

Which putter? How beat? Weight?

Just to be a dick, have some close ups:D All joking aside, do you (or anyone) have much experience with colored sparkle/metal flake? The green one is only silver, the pink has silver, red, blue, and pink/purple. I personally don't recall any sparkle type plastic with anything other than silver.

FULL SIZE OF ^THAT
FULL SIZE v2

GREEN UP CLOSE
PINK UP CLOSE

Paul's Ledgstone 2x Undertakers have been spotted with multiple, as have Ledgestone's Cryztal FLX Zones. I've got one of each, and the Undertaker has green, blue, purple and maybe red, while the Zone has mostly silver and red, with a few blue.

Comets are back in the bag. I learned to throw them from a standstill. This saves the knees and some energy. I'm also more accurate from a standstill. There's something about lacing a slow, 275' shot through the trees and having it hover to the pin.

I think the discraft website said they are being officially released on Friday the 22nd. Don't know if that means distributers already have them, I know Jeff Korns had some on his website at one time.

Oh good...I'll just keep checking in on Infinite or somebody. Good to know I didn't miss them!

I am a recent Comet convert. I found a beat in MJ ESP GLO this past winter on a course. They guy told me I could keep it. I ended up loving the disc so much I bought a 2019 MJ Tour Series. Out of the box it was the straightest disc I've thrown. Recently it is has started flying a little more like the flight numbers. In the past month I've purchased a new stock ESP, Z GLO, and a used Z. I've done a little field testing with those 3 but not enough to get to know em yet. I'll probably end up bagging 2 or 3 at a time.

Sooo, I did a thing. Got a new laptop and wanted to give it a little personality.

YHcVmKCl.jpg

I currently keep a Z Comet and this weird colored Johansen in my bag at all times. Managed to snag one of the Comets from Infinite that's an astronaut riding a whale and I'm v excited for that to get here.

picture.php

So I picked up a Z Comet a couple weeks ago. It's going to take a little getting used to with my garbage form. So far I'm impressed though. It's in the bag as of now. I'm surprised how easy the distance is on them. Once I dial it in I'm going to love it, I can tell already. You people weren't lying about these lol. Too bad it took me 15 years to realize this.

So I picked up a Z Comet a couple weeks ago. It's going to take a little getting used to with my garbage form. So far I'm impressed though. It's in the bag as of now. I'm surprised how easy the distance is on them. Once I dial it in I'm going to love it, I can tell already. You people weren't lying about these lol. Too bad it took me 15 years to realize this.

Keep it in your bag, no matter how funky it feels. I started liking it better when I started fan gripping mids and putters for the most part.

Throw it from an elevated tee and see how far it goes.

I actually don't mind the feel at all. I only throw BH so that's probably why. It's definitely staying in the bag, I just have to not torque on it so much. It does things I've never done before, with ease. Like I said, I can't believe I waited this long. I'm hooked.

Latest posts