• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

bA5jipO.png

Fear my amazing MS Paint skills.

Does that make more sense?

The hole is #14 at Willow Metropark, from the short pad: https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Willow_Metropark/Hole_14/12373 (external link because DGCR doesn't have a good pic)

Last edited:
So that looks like a hyzer almost-flip/stall kind of move to a fade.

I'd LHBH a neutron uplink up there, in front of y'all shamelessly, just for Discerdoo.

Last edited:
bA5jipO.png

Fear my amazing MS Paint skills.

Does that make more sense?

The hole is #14 at Willow Metropark, from the short pad: https://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Willow_Metropark/Hole_14/12373 (external link because DGCR doesn't have a good pic)

Yo...love the trees/another/more/death.

Flight wise yes I was actually going to post about it tonight (I'm full of empty DGCR promises the past year or two). I personally would still consider this a "run of the mill" hyzerflip, just more hyzer and less flip. If you release your Comet at (fake numbers) 15* hyzer RHBH you'll end up in the trees on the right. If you release with 70* hyzer you'll be in the trees on the left. Instead of on a straight shot where you'd "flip to flat" you're "flipping to mild hyzer" so to speak.

Yes, I utilize this shot very often, though on this hole short tee I'd be throwing a Clutch. Long tee I wouldn't be throwing hyzer.

That kind of shot I'm throwing a flippy Valkyrie. But I'm smelling what you're stepping in. The "flip to a carrying hyzer" is one of my fave shots

That kind of shot I'm throwing a flippy Valkyrie. But I'm smelling what you're stepping in. The "flip to a carrying hyzer" is one of my fave shots

I Roadrunner'ed the **** out of Saturday with this exact shot. Honorable mention to the Valk, I didn't throw it much this weekend but it's an absolute machine even in my large bag (I usually rock smallies these days).

My brother's dog put a hole in my JKpro Saturday:wall:

Yo...love the trees/another/more/death.

The rough at that course really is total death rough. It's the course I go to, when I want to be forced to shape shots.

Instead of on a straight shot where you'd "flip to flat" you're "flipping to mild hyzer" so to speak.

Exactly! It's such a fun shot!

Long tee I wouldn't be throwing hyzer.

Long tees at Willow are insane. It's one of the hardest courses in southeast Michigan from the short tees, and the long tees make you throw the same lines, but with 50-100 feet of extra distance before you start shaping your line. On this hole, I don't think I've got anything at my current power level other than a lay-up from the long tee of this hole. Any ground play would risk me being in the rough to the left, and if you look at the pics from the basket, the guardian tree on the left of this green is HUGE.

I Roadrunner'ed the **** out of Saturday with this exact shot. Honorable mention to the Valk, I didn't throw it much this weekend but it's an absolute machine even in my large bag (I usually rock smallies these days).

My brother's dog put a hole in my JKpro Saturday:wall:

Ha well my main Valkyrie right now is a 159g GStar so it probably flies pretty Roadrunner-ish

Eh...it's me and my lack of skills, but I have to get the Comet up on the high line there to execute that shot and I'm going to miss that gap like 17 out of 20 times. :\

Pffft, Firebird thumber over all the shixt.

I mean...if you can get 200-300 feet of carry on a thumber thrown at a 70 degree angle, cheers! If you can't, it can take you 10 minutes to get to your disc, to try to get out of the rough at Willow...

That's kinda where I am with them.

I have all types of Z's from beat to fresh, x's and esps. I really don't need another couple of Comets, but the swirls on those tour series are just so nice. I've never really clicked with ESPs and I am trying to talk myself out of buying a couple.

I have all types of Z's from beat to fresh, x's and esps. I really don't need another couple of Comets, but the swirls on those tour series are just so nice. I've never really clicked with ESPs and I am trying to talk myself out of buying a couple.
Long story but I'm not taking disc golf all that seriously anymore. My "I seriously picked out all these discs" setup is in a Zuca cart that for some reason I stopped using. The bag I've been taking has odds and ends in it. There is an old X Comet, a really flippy Z Comet, an ESP Comet with an oddball stamp my daughter bought from Infinity, and a 2021 MJ Comet in there. Why? Well, they are all Comets that didn't make the Zuca cart, were lying around and got shoved in this bag at some point. :\ The X and ESP Comet overlap a bit and are basically interchangeable for me, and I've been going back and forth with them as the go-to Comet in this setup. Both of them work for that, I'm not really missing the Comets I'm not throwing.

tl;dr: I bought one of the MJ Icon ones for the stamp. :|

The worst of all from the casual bag is that the only putter in it is an Alpaca my daughter has; the plastic has a feel that I will very scientifically categorize as "icky" and it's a mold I've never thrown in any of the various P2/Firefly/Omega4 releases it has had. No actual difference in throwing it VS a Warlock and it actually putts a little better (hangs in the air a little longer) and I'm wondering why I ever bothered picking discs out anyway. :(

It sounds like you really don't like the ESP ones. I'll take yours off your hands. Wouldn't want them taking up valuable bag space... :D

Side note: happy page 420, everyone!

Something about "It's getting dark earlier, we are pushing start time up to 5:30" was confusing to my daughter, so her and her '22 MJ Comet didn't show for disc golf last night. I'll see if I can throw one this weekend.

Her comments indicated it was kinda beefy for a Comet and it had that "it has good glide but not magic glide" thing that makes you not hate it but not love it. She hasn't thrown it much, though.

Also...how seriously are you going to take a disc critique from a girl who can't tell time? :p

I've thrown my MJ Icon's a bit, I'd say they flew more comparably to my old Z Glo. Not much dome, glide wasn't as good as my older ESP or Z's. I actually like the Icon as it compliments my beat X pretty well, though I don't see much necessity for being in my bag as I already have a Glo Z in their. Suppose I'll either keep it in as a backup, or take out the Glo Z so I don't chance losing it.

Damn those glow Z are nice, had mine forever. It borders on X stability with a little fade.. I should pull that out. Halloween glow is coming!

Latest posts