• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Comet love?

Don't forget Cryztal Z. My Cryztal flies like a seasoned X out of the box but with the durability of Z. Currently my goto understable/floaty line shaper.

X's are the most glide/least stability and the plastic is great in grip and durability. I don't know if it's more a testament to the disc, or to my control with it, but I've had a green one in my bag over a year now. It does seem to be a poison ivy magnet, but YMMV on that.

My max wt., tall dome Z Comet didn't make the bag, neither did my 3rd run LE ESP. Too stable for what I want. The slightly flatter production ESPs had me concerned, but mine turned out to be perfect for that long, late turnover midrange shot. I swapped it for a BigZ (cuz I like the stamp :p) and it's got just a touch more fight at the end and shouldn't be long til it's riding those same lines.

I parked this hole through the "Challenge Mode" line (left tunnel vs the easy-peasy righty hyzer) with it yesterday:
c16d0302_m.jpg

Well being relatively new to this forum I have to say that I am definitely feeling the "Comet Love" I bought a 177+ elite-x a couple of weeks ago and the thing just never seems to land. I will be going to pick up another in the 165ish weight to help with form even more as I keep hearing that is the best weight for said results.
I will try to keep everyone posted on form improvements and results as they come in. Thanks to all the posters for the great knowledge and advice in this thread

Keep feeling the LOVE!!

I have a 174 glo Comet that was awesome. It's still pretty good but after a number of tree hits and constant use it's gone puddle topped and more flippy than it used to be.

I think I'll try a domey Z comet. I love the more overstable comets.

Understable for me. Nice tho. They seem to be molding up relatively flat.
I picked up a 177 hoping for a little bit of fade. Instead it flys a lot like my esps but a tick faster since it's a little flatter. It's also the only premium plastic disc that I've ever had permanently taco on a tree hit. It's a slight bend but it's there. Still flys beautifully tho.

i keep losing my beat up dx rocs.

going back to the comet/roc combo once i get some cashflow coming in.

the more i look at my bag, it's nice to have simplicity but it's nice to have a slow/neutral/understable and slightly faster/slightly overstable combo for the putter/mid category.

so polecat/aviar and roc/comet it is - at least until i can acquire a stack of beat up, turning KC rocs. once i get those, i'll switch back. trying to anny everything right now is hurting my game.

i'm sort of happy despite it being a compromise. the comet is truly a disc that cannot be imitated or replaced.

How are the production Big-Z Comets flying?

Mine is a tick on the understable side of neutral, flies more like a slightly used X (minus some glide) than the other premium plastic Comets I've thrown. I'm digging it... X comet in the sweet spot that's going to stay there for a relatively long time, what's not to love? Mine's a 175 pink with a slight dome.

I know you should "never say never" but at this point I feel like I'll never take the comet out of my line up. After I learned how to throw it, it opened up so many new lines for me. When I step up to throw something that needs to finish right, I'm confident in my ability to nail the line with my comet. Confidence is key. This disc helped my form and helped me throw other discs properly in the long run too.

I know you should "never say never" but at this point I feel like I'll never take the comet out of my line up. After I learned how to throw it, it opened up so many new lines for me. When I step up to throw something that needs to finish right, I'm confident in my ability to nail the line with my comet. Confidence is key. This disc helped my form and helped me throw other discs properly in the long run too.

I've been saying for years that the single best thing I ever did for my golf game was learn how to throw a comet properly. Even more so than practice putting (because I've never been a great putter)

I've blown the minds of many chuckers when they see me rip my ESP Comet 300' on a frozen rope--you can LITERALLY hear their jaws hit the ground.

I've blown the minds of many chuckers when they see me rip my ESP Comet 300' on a frozen rope--you can LITERALLY hear their jaws hit the ground.

Totally. Most people don't even know it's possible to throw that kind of line. I love to show off the power of Comet control to unsuspecting chuckers.

Totally. Most people don't even know it's possible to throw that kind of line. I love to show off the power of Comet control to unsuspecting chuckers.

Effortless as well, about 70-80% power with a clean snap and follow through, no need to really tear into it. Let the disc do the work.

This. I have had flat Z Comets that make X Comets look like Firebirds.

glad i'm not the only one with that experience. i was sorely disappointed. x comets are all i bother with now! :thmbup:

one of my Z comets had a huge shoulder and the start of the dome was there . . . and then a flat circle in the middle. flippy POS.