• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
tossed my esp comet all over the place today. played chavez ridge, a short, technical course built on the ridge of a pretty steep hill. amazing the different things this disc will do. always landed right on target, flat as a pancake and super slow.

my favorite disc since the ion. hope that esp plastic holds up ok.

Was just told by discraft that although these sold really fast, this will not be a stock item for their production schedules. Get ready for the price of these things to go up.

Trey133 said:
Was just told by discraft that although these sold really fast, this will not be a stock item for their production schedules. Get ready for the price of these things to go up.

Heard the same thing from MJ this weekend. He summarized it as "well Innova sells out of champ rocs real quickly. And if you know you could run 4500 discs and sell them out in 4 days once a year or so..."

I got depressed.

Frank Delicious said:
Trey133 said:

Heard the same thing from MJ this weekend. He summarized it as "well Innova sells out of champ rocs real quickly. And if you know you could run 4500 discs and sell them out in 4 days once a year or so..."

I got depressed.

*cough*

Told ya so? :mrgreen:

Trey133 said:

Everyone knows it's bad business to make a product that people want.

psssstt...Marshall St. got a few more in...3 for me.
Oh yeah, if anyone wants to get rid of a second run, let me know. Lot a woods in Maine and I threw my flippy one in the pond at Maple Hill.

Jerbob said:
psssstt...Marshall St. got a few more in...3 for me.
Oh yeah, if anyone wants to get rid of a second run, let me know. Lot a woods in Maine and I threw my flippy one in the pond at Maple Hill.

"the" pond? That course is covered with ponds. You didn't try to throw a Comet off hole 1 did you? You crazy naga...

I haven't bought plastic for a long time, so today I gave in to my addiction...MST has 5 less Comets for sale.

I've been rocking the Fuse for quite a while, so we'll see how I like the Comet compared to them. If I don't, I'm sure I can get rid of them to a few of you guys once they're scarce again. 8)

For people who have thrown both, how does the LSS and HSS of a comet compare to a QMS? Im assuming the QMS is faster.

Tonight I finally got to throw two beautiful blue esp 175s, kindly handpicked by Discspeed.
Holy cow. I never thought Comets could be even nicer :)
Admittedly I only got a few throws today but I got to see how they fly. Pretty damn hss and no more lss than a regular X, like the friendliest comet you've met :)
Even so, I'm fine with cycling X's as long as so many of my discs mysteriously disappears :) so I think I'll wait for the next run before I stock up anyway.

As for the QMS I'd say it's has less hss and is faster, but not longer.

really liking the esp plastic comets over the z i was throwing. so i now have a stack of 14 heavies that should last me a while. i moved only bringing 3 rubbermaids full of plastic and now 3 months later i could probably fill 4 more. ive spent way too much on plastic but its hard to resist stocking up when the gettins cheap

Fun Fact: My Red 177g 3rd run ESP Comets are the same dome, plh, and bevel as my TP Comet. TP does feel better though.

3rd runs have no tooling to speak of. What is the tooling on the 1st and 2nd runs? I have two others with the same tooling and I'll have to check out the one in my bag.

Apothecary said:
tossed my esp comet all over the place today. played chavez ridge, a short, technical course built on the ridge of a pretty steep hill. amazing the different things this disc will do. always landed right on target, flat as a pancake and super slow.

my favorite disc since the ion. hope that esp plastic holds up ok.

I just wanted to tell you Apoth I have an oldy 176g esp that has hit many object on hard throws and hasn't taken bad nics. But anyway it was left outside for a couple of weeks and was well used before I got a hold of it and it has only gotten better. They season rather well, I however, have no other experience with ESP plastic.

Lastly my comet set up is looking like this.

176 beat to silly putty red TP comet that is the most brilliant turnover disc I've ever used.
174 beaten yellow ESP Comet that is my primary mid and does everything well.
177 new-ish red Z that I bust out from time to time.

I may be dropping my Rocs....

I took out a super flat "flippy" esp comet today to go along side my favorite orange domey esp comet and they compliment each other really well, the flat one is great for turnovers and hyzer flips where as the domey one is great for hyzers or straight shots. they cover almost all my mid bases in low wind situations

the flats and domeys fly completely differently.

they're different breeds of the same animal, different fingers on the same hand, and possibly something else that's similar but not the same.

Latest posts