• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Commander - New Midrange

so im going to take all this buzz vs roc banter and assume no one has had the chance to throw one of these yet?

dont be stindgy! give up the deets people. im talking to you skellenger! is that yellow top view the only pic we have? where are the instatwitterbook cross promotional pics? im super excited to see this get released in a base plastic. base plastic innova....base plastic mids.

I would personally like some more pictures of this disc before ordering a pre-release. I want a beaded mid, and if I can't be sure that is what I would get, I have no interest. How hard is it to release more than a top down photo of the disc, because that is next to useless in telling me if I would like the disc. It would be so easy to take a side profile picture, much less a closeup of the wing. The PDGA and actual manufacturer should do this instead of asking someone to buy something sight unseen, especially for an entirely new mold.

I would personally like some more pictures of this disc before ordering a pre-release. I want a beaded mid, and if I can't be sure that is what I would get, I have no interest. How hard is it to release more than a top down photo of the disc, because that is next to useless in telling me if I would like the disc. It would be so easy to take a side profile picture, much less a closeup of the wing. The PDGA and actual manufacturer should do this instead of asking someone to buy something sight unseen, especially for an entirely new mold.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Very prompt response:
"As soon as we have them we'd be glad to. Innova sent us these pictures before shipping them. We're told it's a large diameter beaded mid range."

My original question:
"Is there any way you could post some profile pictures of this disc since it is a new mold? If not, is it beaded, and/or blunt nosed? Any info would be appreciated."

Very prompt response:
"As soon as we have them we'd be glad to. Innova sent us these pictures before shipping them. We're told it's a large diameter beaded mid range."

My original question:
"Is there any way you could post some profile pictures of this disc since it is a new mold? If not, is it beaded, and/or blunt nosed? Any info would be appreciated."

Yeah, the guys at Hyzerbomb are great (check out the Moab if you want a SUPER OS beaded tweener in the nicest plastic I've felt in years).

Beaded large diameter OS mid huh? God I hope it is a flat Sentinel so I can stop hunting down San Marino Sentinels.

2.2 Height so domey, 42 rim configuration so avg midrange bluntness (about the same as a Roc). So these are the PDGA specs. I can't say they for sure measured accurately or if the current disc is more or less domey though, but just going by what we know I would expect a domier disc.

2.2 Height so domey, 42 rim configuration so avg midrange bluntness (about the same as a Roc). So these are the PDGA specs. I can't say they for sure measured accurately or if the current disc is more or less domey though, but just going by what we know I would expect a domier disc.

That is fine as long as it isn't crazy domey. If it means I get more stability from Roc3, then I can live with it. Maybe this will be the faster champ Rancho for production prices. Wish this pre release was in champ plastic, but I still might consider it in star.

I wonder if the rim depth will be 1.4+? That's my only issues with the roc, Vroc, ect. I wish they would run smaller rim depths. Then again, I'm fairly new so that's just a matter of being comfortable in hand. The panther has a thin depth and that's what I prefer. Either way, I want to get my hands on one to try out.

The McPro Roc feels like it has a shallower rim compared to the VRoc and Roc3 I have. My Glow Roc also feels better than those two do.

I'll likely buy one of these, I play in the tournament yearly, Nick Hyde was a good kid that lived near here, I throw with a lot of his friends now. And at least it's not a tourney stamped Tank putter.

Inbounds has the flight up. It is essentially the same as the Wasp. To be fair, I think Inbounds does not actually test the discs to get the flight ratings, but instead extrapolated it from the posted numbers. They are my favorite for comparing discs, but not always the most accurate. My favorite is the ATDG reviews where they will show the manufacturer numbers, Inbounds flights, but also posts their own numbers base on how the disc actually flies for them. I would say they rarely completely agree with the listed numbers.

Inbounds has the flight up. It is essentially the same as the Wasp. To be fair, I think Inbounds does not actually test the discs to get the flight ratings, but instead extrapolated it from the posted numbers. They are my favorite for comparing discs, but not always the most accurate. My favorite is the ATDG reviews where they will show the manufacturer numbers, Inbounds flights, but also posts their own numbers base on how the disc actually flies for them. I would say they rarely completely agree with the listed numbers.

I like the reviews that onemilemore writes at http://noodlearmdiscgolf.com/ as well (pro tip: his arm isn't as noodley as he pretends ;)).

Latest posts