• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Hex Midrange (you can Hex it but don't nice me!)

Ding ding ding. Innova get's knocked for inconsistency but it's just because they make more runs than other manufacturers. As the manufacturers make more runs the natural variation between the same mold of different runs will become more apparent.

And they don't give a crap about quality measures, either.

Received my OTB Open Proton Hex today and took it to the field to compare to my seasoned Neutron Hex, lightly seasoned Elaine King Eclipse 2.0 Reactor, and new Aura Pathfinder.

I don't have the biggest arm (320' is a solid drive for me), but I am consistent. All of these discs fly pretty similarly for me. If I had to put numbers on them, I would rate them as follows:

Seasoned Neutron Hex. 5 / 5 / -1 / 1
Lightly seasoned EK Eclipse Reactor. 5 / 4 / 0 / 1.5
New Aura Pathfinder. 5 / 5.5 / -0.5 / 1.5
New OTB Proton Hex. 5 / 5 / 0 / 2

For now, the Proton Hex has kicked the Eclipse Reactor out of the bag as a compliment to my seasoned Neutron Hex.

Dang I was hoping one of these new OTB Hex releases would be more understable out of the box. I've got two Neutron Hex's in the bag, one seasoned and one fairly fresh. It took over a year to get that first hex to where it is and I'll be screwed if I lose it.

Dang I was hoping one of these new OTB Hex releases would be more understable out of the box. I've got two Neutron Hex's in the bag, one seasoned and one fairly fresh. It took over a year to get that first hex to where it is and I'll be screwed if I lose it.

Honestly, out of all the Hex's I've thrown the Lizotl is definitively the most US out of the bunch. But it's subjective. I said that to someone and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Honestly, out of all the Hex's I've thrown the Lizotl is definitively the most US out of the bunch. But it's subjective. I said that to someone and they looked at me like I was crazy.

Huh, do you know what weight?

Get a lizotlle, least stable one I've owned as well.

Played two new courses today and my soft neutron hexes were the star. Had my best throws with them. No aces or metal hits but lots of smooth lines in the woods. Everything from sweeping hyzers, straight lazers, gentle turnovers and sky annies. Falling in love with the soft N version of this mold......need to find some backups!

I have a 178 gram Neutron Hex that I love. That thing just works for me backhand or forehand. My only issue is that I have to pay more attention pulling it from my bag. The Hex is orange with a white rim, but the white rim has become discolored....I have another disc that is orange with a red rim (you'd think I could tell the difference with the rims.....but I think I focus on the core color). Sometimes I pull the other disc out and throw it thinking it is my Hex.....bad thing is it is my Paradox....a TOTALLY different disc. I'll throw it and wonder why it flew so badly. I try to figure out what I did wrong as I walk to the disc....then I see it is the Paradox and hang my head in shame. I've started putting the Paradox in a different part of my bag, so hopefully I won't make that mistake any more.

I have a 178 gram Neutron Hex that I love. That thing just works for me backhand or forehand. My only issue is that I have to pay more attention pulling it from my bag. The Hex is orange with a white rim, but the white rim has become discolored....I have another disc that is orange with a red rim (you'd think I could tell the difference with the rims.....but I think I focus on the core color). Sometimes I pull the other disc out and throw it thinking it is my Hex.....bad thing is it is my Paradox....a TOTALLY different disc. I'll throw it and wonder why it flew so badly. I try to figure out what I did wrong as I walk to the disc....then I see it is the Paradox and hang my head in shame. I've started putting the Paradox in a different part of my bag, so hopefully I won't make that mistake any more.

Haha ive done that... and you should have bagged the uplink instead :D

Haha ive done that... and you should have bagged the uplink instead :D

I have both the Uplink and Paradox in my bag. I do use the Uplink at times, mostly still just trying it out. But the Paradox just sits in my bag as I figure out what it is good for. So far it is an uncontrollable roller for me.

Got a prism plasma hex in the mail anyone want to tell me how it flies compared to neutron and eclipse?

Got a prism plasma hex in the mail anyone want to tell me how it flies compared to neutron and eclipse?

throwing it yourself would give you better feedback than asking a forum ;)

played a full bag round at a course where I teed off with just a Reactor and Proxy yesterday. Hex got most the tee shots today. It's so good at shaping lines FH & BH in the 200-300' range.

I picked up an eclipse hex and it was way more over stable than expected. Like a new flat z wasp kind of flight. Not that dissimilar to my beat up SP Quake. Pretty disappointing, which is generally been my feeling for most gyro discs.

I may try a mustang or pathfinder to find that sweet in between of a stable comet and beat quake.

I picked up an eclipse hex and it was way more over stable than expected. Like a new flat z wasp kind of flight. Not that dissimilar to my beat up SP Quake. Pretty disappointing, which is generally been my feeling for most gyro discs.

I may try a mustang or pathfinder to find that sweet in between of a stable comet and beat quake.
Interesting, was it a new stock eclipse? I have fission, neutron and lizottle eclipse and they all fly similar to a seasoned Buzzz, but better.

Mine was exactly the same until I beat it up a little and then it became slightly more flippy than a Z buzzz. About 10 rounds in I started to notice it standing up to flat from hyzer vs holding it. Definitely has a break in period.

Latest posts