• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Uplink -Midrange (complete historical records of its awesomeness)

ThrowaEnvy

GyrO Activation Technician.
Premium Member
mvp_uplink.jpg

MVP Uplink

5 5 -3 .5

Manufacturer / Distributor: MVP Disc Sports
Approved Date: Jul 5, 2021
Certification Number: 21-72
Specifications
Max Weight: 178.5gr
Diameter: 21.5cm
Height: 1.8cm
Rim Depth: 1.4cm
Rim Thickness: 1.3cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 18.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 6.5%

Last edited:
I got one, 176g green feels nice like the neutron is a touch softer. Been throwing for my nightly rounds, real impressed with its line holding ability and lower power requirements for a gyro midrange. You know what I'm talking about!

Fairly flat flights, fairly evenly balanced, very controllable. Not an excessive amount of extra air/lift but a very good amount of glide. Tiny anny turn, tight S, tunnel shooting do it all mid. This is my broken in fr axis replacement for a dude 10yrs older.

I think MVP really did nail this one and it was worth waiting for! I bitched when the oop'd my tangents but this is so great, it's kinda what I thought a tangent could have been. The theory didn't glide enough.. This is MVP the second decade!

Who else want to jump on the bandwagon early? :D

Last edited:
Talk to me about wide-angle nose high anny escape shots. Been happy with Tursas, heck even Envy. I wouldn't mind something that covers a *ton* of lateral ground within about 100-150' (when FH is impossible and obstacles dictate that only out is ~30° off target.

Easy turn, will fight back if given enough space. I got 3 birdie looks on holes I don't normally birdie because I have no forehand. Cashed on 2 of them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Talk to me about wide-angle nose high anny escape shots. Been happy with Tursas, heck even Envy. I wouldn't mind something that covers a *ton* of lateral ground within about 100-150' (when FH is impossible and obstacles dictate that only out is ~30° off target.

Then come over here, sit on my knee and let me tell you about the paradox...... :D

:D:D:D do you feel like the paradox and uplink can coexist in the same bag or would that be too much overlap?

Well with a 165 paradox and a 176 uplink I can probably do it.. The uplink sits right in the middle, think seasoned hex if that's possible with low to zero fade. I actually get less fade on the uplink but that's more in how I throw it. I can throw it flat pretty much on tangent/axis lines, it will ride a tiny gentle anny and stretch an exceptionally straight line. The paradox is a lot more guesstimation on turn vs fade.

The uplink slays it on the straight and single turn lines, it's like a broken in D buzzz/ theory or seasoned Comet with less loft. Throws so easy. Paradox does goofy fun stuff, more hyzer flip. Closest thing I've ever thrown to a paradox is like a gumbputt or a lid.. But it has some fade.

Last edited:

Recycled Plastic Tursas, my friend :thmbup:

Or if you can buy in person, find the flattest Tursas possible. Flatter = less stable in that mold.

Well with a 165 paradox and a 176 uplink I can probably do it.. The uplink sits right in the middle, think seasoned hex if that's possible with low to zero fade. I actually get less fade on the uplink but that's more in how I throw it. I can throw it flat pretty much on tangent/axis lines, it will ride a tiny gentle anny and stretch an exceptionally straight line. The paradox is a lot more guesstimation on turn vs fade.

The uplink slays it on the straight and single turn lines, it's like a broken in D buzzz/ theory or seasoned Comet with less loft. Throws so easy. Paradox does goofy fun stuff, more hyzer flip. Closest thing I've ever thrown to a paradox is like a gumbputt or a lid.. But it has some fade.

I'm just a bit mad at you (sarcasm), I had to go buy a box now. Got my uplink waiting to go for tomorrow's Thanksgiving round. More than anything I am super excited.

:D:D:D do you feel like the paradox and uplink can coexist in the same bag or would that be too much overlap?

Absolutely! They're reasonably different discs in my throws with them.

For me, the Paradox turns right and keeps turning almost no matter how softly I throw it. Even the lightest (realistic) throw doesn't fade back.

On the other hand, I really have to blast the Uplink to not have it fade back. It doesn't come back hard, but it will fade slightly to the left unless it's really given some snap.

Between the two I can cover a wide range of US shots and arm speeds. My plan is to use the Paradox for shots that I want to make gradual, but extended right turns and for straight shots in restricted spaces where I can't get much on the disc. The Uplink will be more of a S-curve carver in the woods where I want shots to finish slightly left after moving right for a bit. There's a little overlap, but not as much as I expected from the flight numbers.

One last point: Take my input on this with a grain of salt. I LOVE utility type discs and have managed to justify carrying a Zone, Stego, Tilt and Raptor to cover any possible utility shot on the OS end of the spectrum. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have useful US counterparts to those discs to play with.

One last point: Take my input on this with a grain of salt. I LOVE utility type discs and have managed to justify carrying a Zone, Stego, Tilt and Raptor to cover any possible utility shot on the OS end of the spectrum. Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked to have useful US counterparts to those discs to play with.

Hmmm. *rubs chin*

I'm just a bit mad at you (sarcasm), I had to go buy a box now. Got my uplink waiting to go for tomorrow's Thanksgiving round. More than anything I am super excited.

Geez since I'm on the guilt train .. I can't wait to hear what you think. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of chatter yet. I think big arms will probably wish it was in cosmic or a touch more stable. If it doesn't work out lemme know!

Been a long while since I threw a theory... and I've only got a few days in on uplink.. If you have a stack of theory's you probably don't need an uplink. I'd say a touch less stable and more glide. I'm trying to get used to throwing flat instead of with a touch of nose down.

Last edited:
Uplink bandwagon/train Wooo Wooo!!!

Are you on it, f--k this things fun!

I need to probably take only the uplink out to get a feel for it but I threw it several times yesterday. Goes without saying it's not as understable as the Paradox but the one thing that struck me is how late it was turning over. Some shots with the paradox feel like they are already flipping out of my hand. The uplink seemed to go straight for quite a while and then rotated. It was certainly nice to see that.

Latest posts