• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Comprehensive Disc Encyclopedia

Jenga54

Double Eagle Member
I've found a few older discs, and I always wonder... "When was this made? I recognize the stamp, but new ones don't look like that anymore."
"Wow, this guy seems to think that pre-flight number discs are WAY valuble - what's the difference, did they change anything but the stamp?"

What if the community had a wiki page for every disc model, listed with pictures the evolution of each model over time? If I find a cool disc, I just go to the page, click Innova, click Firebird, and scroll through the pictures until I find the one I have. It would list the years produced like that, and you can click forward or back in time to see the changes.

I'm not sure how to create a new Wiki for something like this, but I think the community on DGCR could populate a rather large, all-in-one-place photo list of disc models very quickly.

So - Are you good enough at internet to make a Wiki Disc History?

Very interesting idea!

It's not quite what you're talking about, but Disc Golf Sweden has one of the best, if not best databases of disc information on the web. Check it out.

Dibs on not being the fact checker.

+1

There's way too many opinionated people on here that would either A) create something new that is incorrect or B) change something correct to something they think is right.

It would be a cool idea but a pain in the ass to moderate.

Great idea......but it may take a while even with the right people.

We tried it once. Epic fail. New stuff comes out so often that it becomes a full-time job keeping it up-to date. That was before the factory store started doing short-runs of weird things like GStar Pegasus. It's a huge, huge undertaking and gets more humongous every day.

We tried it once. Epic fail. New stuff comes out so often that it becomes a full-time job keeping it up-to date. That was before the factory store started doing short-runs of weird things like GStar Pegasus. It's a huge, huge undertaking and gets more humongous every day.

yeah.... BOO!

but yeah