• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that share parts?

n1ceroll

I've seen in various discussions about specific discs that certain molds share parts (i.e. the Tomb is a Colt bottom and a Rat top, Sentinel and Cobra share parts, etc). Is there a comprehensive list, either on here somewhere or in one of your brains, of discs that are known to share parts? I feel like this could be valuable info when looking for discs that have the same "feel."

I tried the Sentinel because I loved the Cobra, and it was awesome until I lost my Brinster one and they stopped producing them.

Anyway, thanks for your help! Feel free to point me to a thread that already exists if need be.

The list is quite long and I'm only going to tackle the drivers that I know, I'll leave the others to Three Putt and others...

Firebird Bottoms
Roman
PD
Thunderbird
Scepter
Orion LF (OLF)
OG FD3?

Wraith Bottoms
DD
TeeRex
Archon?

Destroyer Bottoms
Scorpius
PD2
Emperor

Anhyzer tops with various bottoms
DDx (Tern)
DD2 (Boss)
CD2 (Valkyrie?)
TD2 (Mamba)
TD (Roadrunner)

The Shryke, Falcon and Pharaoh all feel the same to me so there's something (bottom I assume) shared there.

As far as I can tell the Eagle and Teebird share a bottom so that means the following all share a bottom
Eagle
Teebird
Teebird3
Vela
And beacuse of the "L" variants that means all of the following share the "L" wing bottom
TL
Eagle-L
TL3
Exodus

The Leopard, Leopard3 and Centurion all utilize the same bottom.

I'm fairly certain that the OS and SS variants of the Buzzz, Avenger, Nuke, Zone and Challenger all share the top with the OG version.

I'm sure I missed some and may have messed a few up, and I'm certain there's definitely a thread for this but I didn't feel like searching for it. Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.

MVP has done this a whole different way: the Proxy and the Envy share the same inner core, just the overmold is different.

Is anything known about the Trilogy molds sharing parts? By now they have so **** many molds with some of Discmanias added on top of it, there should be a considerable amount of shared parts between them.

There are so many of these overlaps we will never run them all down. The Rhyno uses the big bead Aviar wing. The Tank is the Rhyno top with the Aviar PandA wing. The XD also used the Aviar PandA wing. A lot of the Millennium discs were mutts; the Aurora MS was the Shark top/Stingray wing, the EXP-1 was the Banshee top and Eagle X wing, the JLS is the TeeBird top and Whippet wing I think. The Vulcan and TeeDevil obviously share a top since the TeeDevil is just a Destrulcan. We could do this all day.

There are so many of these overlaps we will never run them all down. The Rhyno uses the big bead Aviar wing. The Tank is the Rhyno top with the Aviar PandA wing. The XD also used the Aviar PandA wing. A lot of the Millennium discs were mutts; the Aurora MS was the Shark top/Stingray wing, the EXP-1 was the Banshee top and Eagle X wing, the JLS is the TeeBird top and Whippet wing I think. The Vulcan and TeeDevil obviously share a top since the TeeDevil is just a Destrulcan. We could do this all day.
The only one of these I'd question is the JLS = TeeBird top & Whippet wing.

Not saying it's impossible, but it doesn't feel feel right. TeeBird is somewhat OS, and Whippet is very OS. JLS is a fairly US mold.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe that's not how it works.

The only one of these I'd question is the JLS = TeeBird top & Whippet wing.

Not saying it's impossible, but it doesn't feel feel right. TeeBird is somewhat OS, and Whippet is very OS. JLS is a fairly US mold.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe that's not how it works.
The Sentinel is a Stingray top and the Cobra bevel; there is a nose spacer that blunts the nose and makes it OS. I've always assumed they did something to make the JLS nose sharp or something like that.

The moar I learn about discs, more I realize I don't I dont know.

The moar I learn about discs, more I realize I don't I dont know.
Back when this website started some people thought I knew a lot about discs and said I should have some sort of "ask me" thread. Like, I don't even know what makes them fly. :| Don't ask me, I don't know. Even the stuff I think I know could be fubar.

The Sentinel is a Stingray top and the Cobra bevel; there is a nose spacer that blunts the nose and makes it OS. I've always assumed they did something to make the JLS nose sharp or something like that.

There are only three parts to a disc mold: core, cavity and stripper. Core is the bottom, cavity is the top and stripper is the rim. There is no such thing as a spacer.

There are only three parts to a disc mold: core, cavity and stripper. Core is the bottom, cavity is the top and stripper is the rim. There is no such thing as a spacer.
So what makes the nose blunt? Like you can see that the Sentinel nose is blunter than a Classic Cobra, and they have exactly the same parts per rumor.

Last edited:
So what makes the nose blunt? Like you can see that the Sentinel nose is blunter than a Classic Cobra, and they have exactly the same parts per rumor.

If there are differences, that means they don't share all three parts.:)

If there are differences, that means they don't share all three parts.:)
So it's like how there are blunt nosed Rocs and sharp nosed Rocs (which no one on the Internet ever seems to notice) where the difference seems to be built into the wing (because I'm not saying stripper, you can't make me)? So there is just a blunt nosed wing (people always say that the Sentinel uses the Cobra wing but God's honest truth I can't see any difference between a Cobra and Roc wing anyway) that they use for a Sentinel and an sharp nosed wing they would use for a Classic Cobra VS using the same wing and having something in between to make the nose blunter when they run Sentinels?

I think the "spacer" idea came from the fact that mold piece tooling is supposed to be really expensive. People assumed there was a cheaper way than having two wings (still not saying strippers).

Latest posts