• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Concave-top Star Aviar.

so if my dx discs get a little warped from hitting trees, i am forbidden from trying to fix them? i bet disc manufacturers lobbied for this rule so they can sell more cheap plastic...

so if my dx discs get a little warped from hitting trees, i am forbidden from trying to fix them? i bet disc manufacturers lobbied for this rule so they can sell more cheap plastic...

yes. I used a lighter to fix a bad ding on a beloved disc and it was deemed an illegal disc :(

using a lighter leaves a little more evidence that what we are discussing

so it is ok as long as you leave no evidence?

you are not allowed to make alterations that would change the flight of the disc, but obviously there is very little chance of anyone finding out you are boiling discs unless you post a thread and tell everyone you are making illegal modifications.

bending a disc is tuning, once you add heat you are not tuning, sorry Jen. Try again
by using heat you change parting line height and are making an illegal modification.
'Rube, you're changing the PLH when bending/tuning the disc anyway, that's the whole point of bending the damn thing.

It's not illegal. The PDGA has clarified that only gross modifications involving adding or removing large amounts of material make a disc illegal. Bending or reshaping discs without adding or removing material is fine.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=372552&postcount=3

The "PDGA" has also clarified other things that are not so gross to be illegal. IIRC....

Legal: Innova putting a "DX ROC" sticker on a disc.
Illegal: Player removing "DX ROC" sticker from said disc.

Legal: Discraft putting a "167-169g" sticker on a disc.
Illegal: Player removing "167-169g" sticker from said disc.

Illegal: Academy putting a pricetag sticker on a disc.
Illegal: DiscGolfCenter.com putting a "Red" sticker on a disc.
Illegal: MarshallStreet.com putting a "174g" sticker on a disc.

Discussion here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8583

Oh darn. One of these Rip Disc putters I received today has a slight gash in the rim. I guess it's not PDGA approved anymore.

Also, there is no way that removing a Discraft weight sticker is illegal. Almost none of the Discraft discs I have seen, except new ones have the sticker on there. Most discs have the weight written on the rim, and I say most discs because the 4 out of 5 Discraft discs I have received and own have the weight written like this.

I wonder if I'd be able to concave an Ion, or if I should just just one of my wizards. Though I'm not even sure one of my HPP wizards would take a flat-topping like DX discs do.

Yep.

Here's a pretty clear visual:
vibram_disc_golf_summit.jpg

See that little jutting out piece on the bottom of the disc? Now watch it grow:
vibram_disc_golf_vp.jpg

That's the bead.

Oh darn. One of these Rip Disc putters I received today has a slight gash in the rim. I guess it's not PDGA approved anymore.

Also, there is no way that removing a Discraft weight sticker is illegal. Almost none of the Discraft discs I have seen, except new ones have the sticker on there. Most discs have the weight written on the rim, and I say most discs because the 4 out of 5 Discraft discs I have received and own have the weight written like this.

you do not read well. the rule allows for usual wear an tear, like dings, gashes and stickers that have fallen off. Now if you attempt to fix the gash, THAT is illegal

Last edited:
@deadeye my ion is already slightly concave. But my friend just concaved one of his organic wizards. The hpp might not take it as well, but if you have a supersoft or something, give it a shot.

first of all, this post fight is hilarious.

Second, you mean that concaving my disc makes it have less low speed fade?! Sh*t, why hadn't I heard of this before?? Haha. I have a SSS Magic I'll try this on. About how much weight should I put on the disc?

Latest posts