• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] consistency of wraith?

gang1027

ive been playing for a lil while and feel some loyalty to innova and love the wraith, but only like one out of 3 of the wraiths ive used fly like they are supposed to, some flip like crazy and others have almost no turn at all, its frustrating cuz i cant buy them online cuz theres a chance itll not fly correct...any opinions on why this is or if its me?

What kind of plastic are you using?

I carry 2-5 Wraiths depending on the course. I love it!

ive been playing for a lil while and feel some loyalty to innova and love the wraith, but only like one out of 3 of the wraiths ive used fly like they are supposed to, some flip like crazy and others have almost no turn at all, its frustrating cuz i cant buy them online cuz theres a chance itll not fly correct...any opinions on why this is or if its me?

Check the PLH thread. It will probably be the answer to your questions.

I used and loved the Wraith for a couple years but had the same issue with consistency. I now carry an ESP Surge and a beat Z Surge instead and have no regrets making the switch. Essentially the same disc...

the one i love is star 168 the other one i keep around is champion and is the one ive had trouble with its 171

I used and loved the Wraith for a couple years but had the same issue with consistency. I now carry an ESP Surge and a beat Z Surge instead and have no regrets making the switch. Essentially the same disc...

i have an esp surge in my bag its the one discraft i really really like i have a buzzzd and a magnet too

Anything he contibuted is nil because he uses fh....;)

I know you were joking, but it is partially true. It is extremely hard to get the BH flight characteristics (which are those that are advertised) out of a FH throw. The differences in arm speed and snap create a different flight pattern. That is why some people say to learn annys/turnovers and FH. Marmoset is most likely right on the reason that they don't all fly the same for you though. Check his thread!

I generally use a fresh-er wraith for FH shots because I have found that once they get broken in, the HSS makes them a little squirrely if you dont throw them with a little hyzer. I carry a freshie for FH and a nice broken-in one for BH.

Wraith has been goto driver for a while and switched from beat up star to newer one and both fly almost the same. Beat little more turn cuz it's hammered

i cant vouch for anything other than champion, but (for me) this disc is exactly the same every time i've bought one, or borrowed on.

i'm one to call this disc the epitome of consistency as it's identical every throw... maybe the problem is on your end with overpowering it, incorrect release angles or OAT.

Friend throws a Wraith exclusively. Shoots better than me normally, but always shoots 100ft to the right (hes rhbh) for it to hyzer in.

Should I feel bad he beats me? (he only beats me on the wide open course, took him to a wooded one and after he was +7 on me he was pissed off saying how he hated the course)

i find the wraith to be one of the most consistent molds. for me new wraiths are a little too stable, worn ones are perfect, and beat ones will fly forever downwind and should be used just for that shot. learning your discs is better than switching just because flight has become more understable. most people carry multiple same molds for just this reason.

I would agree on the consistancy of Wraiths being better than a lot of molds.

Out of the box, the levels of stableness/understability are different per plastic...Champ-Star-Pro-DX....in that order, Champ being the most stable out of the box, but in time, the more durable plastics will beat in and eventually have the flight that all Wraith users love.

That's my experience. I always carry 2-3, not only because of the difference in worn-in-ness, but it's the disc I lose the most.

In my limited experience I've noticed this as well there is a lack of consistency between Wraiths, not on a mold per mold basis but more on a plastic to plastic basis.

The DX, Pro, and Champ fly so differently for me they might as well be labeled as different discs.

Latest posts