• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Control Drivers for T-Bird/Egl/Leo Thrower

...ork for the same straight to hyzer shots as a seasoned TB (due to slightly less fade)

For long turnovers I like using a demolished TB

What are these like? MVP stuff right?
I never bonded with their putters, but I use an Axis some and really like it for super straight tunnel shots.

I just put the Buzz SS I'm the bag and find it overlaps with the Axis & Stable Leo. Gonna keep messing with it, it might bet both of the latter from the bag. I secretly hope not, cause I'm just not a big discraft fan...

The definition of control drivers even though they are speed 9. The volt is extremely versatile in neutron while a proton will give you a more stable flight. The amp just bombs, but is still very controllable. Good for turnovers and long straight shots and a curves

Same speed as a wraith but I would try an Opto Flow around 168-170, they will S turn for you and are very controllable but amazing glide and distance. Or I would try a Pro Beast 168-170. Both these discs bomb yet are forgiving on non perfect throws.

The definition of control drivers even though they are speed 9. The volt is extremely versatile in neutron while a proton will give you a more stable flight. The amp just bombs, but is still very controllable. Good for turnovers and long straight shots and a curves

I concur. Love these MVP drivers! If I crank on my neutron volt I can see 400' plus! For shorter drives I can give just a little anny and curve that sucker for those tuff doglake right shots.

I'll look into the Striker & Saint. How do they fly?

strikers can be picky and if you carry a c-pd I would just say don't worry about the stiker and maybe add another pd in s or p plastic. The saint is definitely worth trying. I like them in opto, goldline, or recycled I don't think you can go wrong. Hard to compare them to much but if you think about that c-pd really beat in it can be similar to a saint. The newer ones have more of a dome I think so they start out a little more high speed understable than the first saints that came out but they're a good mold. Very long and a lot of glide.

Volt, Amp, and Shock is a great speed 9 trio. Volt and Amp are the standouts though.

Stick with the Teebird.
Stick with the PD.

Try the Patriot by Legacy Discs. I am getting rid of my leopards now. Try one in Icon and one in Pinnacle plastic.

I don't know how much faster you want to go, but without going warp speed, an obvious choice might be destroyers. Valks? Surges? Boatmen?

Try a opto Fury in upper 160ish weights. It's all I use for my main driver now. Except for FHT and in wind.:clap:

I really like my escapes, especially the biofuzion. It is by far my most used disc. I don't have the arm you have but I can get mine out to 350 max. I gained a consistent further distance with the escapes vs the teebirds but it wasn't by much more. If anything if you are hitting what you are with the teebirds now i would even take it up maybe to a speed 11-12 for the max distance shots and stick with the teebirds for everything else below that. With all that said give the escapes a try Ii highly recommend them.

I like the Avenger for what my Teebird will not reach comfortably.

Orc could work for you, speed 10 but very similar flight to a wraith. Personally, once I get past a comfortable distance for my Teebirds (375ish) I switch up to a Boss, either pro or star depending on the shot.

The Sword is a nice controllable driver to me. I have tried an Escape though and it seemed pretty darn good if you're looking for something a little slower. I'm surprised no one suggested a Wraith yet. It's pretty much a classic for good distance with control.

I'm thinking some speed 9-10 drivers might be nice to carry once in a while, or start working into my bag.

What are some other suggestions you guys have for control drivers around this speed, that might be an easy transition from Teebirds and Eagles??

Glow Champ Valkyrie's are a good stable disc. Champ Valkyrie's are a little more straight to understable. If you are looking for something similar to a Wraith, try an Orc, I like it in pro plastic but star plastic is nice too. For the past month I did add a Blizzard Wraith 150 to my bag and I've been getting some effortless distance. Good luck in your search.

Just throwing Orion LF and LS out there since they haven't been mentioned yet. OLFs are great longish control drivers. Can't go wrong with PDs though.

If you're looking for a longer wraith, check out the Trespass. It has similar feel in hand and same width rim as the wraith. My bio fusion Trespass is easily 50' further than my eagles and teebirds on hyzer lines.

Also, I'm thinking something's not working if you're only getting 15-25' further with a wraith than a teebird. I've got some max wt. glow wraiths that are almost opto flow overstable so maybe its the discs??

If you're looking for a longer wraith, check out the Trespass. It has similar feel in hand and same width rim as the wraith. My bio fusion Trespass is easily 50' further than my eagles and teebirds on hyzer lines.

Also, I'm thinking something's not working if you're only getting 15-25' further with a wraith than a teebird. I've got some max wt. glow wraiths that are almost opto flow overstable so maybe its the discs??

Well to be honest, it's probably been over 6 months since I picked up my wraiths. I have really improved my form since then too. Maybe I need to grab some new ones to work in. I only have two stars, one is 174 the other 167.

Def not looking for anything faster than a wraith at this point
Whats the consensus on which run of wraiths are best. Pre-agusta? What does that even refer to?