• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Control Drivers for T-Bird/Egl/Leo Thrower

Check out the Orc & Beast. I'd also say the PD is a great Distance Driver if you wanna cycle them.

I've love my Orcs and carry them between my eagles and distance drivers. I bagged the PD for a while but the Orcs slightly wider rim felt better in hand. Thing is that I gotta have something more stable than orcs for moderate headwinds that need to finish left that fresh PDs would easily cover... trespass = problem solved. I'm sure the OPs C-PD has overstable lines in big winds covered, if not he needs a new one.

Check out the Orc & Beast. I'd also say the PD is a great Distance Driver if you wanna cycle them.

Had a star beast that was a little beat, but it was silly flippy. I might try an Orc.

I picked up an Opto Saint this afternoon and I really like it! Def longer than my TBs. It's nice but not super OS.

Def not looking for anything faster than a wraith at this point
Whats the consensus on which run of wraiths are best. Pre-agusta? What does that even refer to?

I'm not a wraith expert but my glows are overstable, and the flat ones with the circle Climo character that I've thrown are beefy. Wraiths were approved in '05 and the Augusta CFRs were '06 but I haven't read anything about pre augusta.

edit: if you don't want super overstable then the orc will work or pick up a well used S-PD in our MarketPlace at a huge discount!!

I've love my Orcs and carry them between my eagles and distance drivers. I bagged the PD for a while but the Orcs slightly wider rim felt better in hand. Thing is that I gotta have something more stable than orcs for moderate headwinds that need to finish left that fresh PDs would easily cover... trespass = problem solved. I'm sure the OPs C-PD has overstable lines in big winds covered, if not he needs a new one.

Get a Pred or Firechicken...they fear no wind.

Had a star beast that was a little beat, but it was silly flippy. I might try an Orc.

I picked up an Opto Saint this afternoon and I really like it! Def longer than my TBs. It's nice but not super OS.

I'd say try an Orc & if the Star Beast was to flippy for you a max weight Champ will be less flippy will stay that way for a long time. IMO a Champ Beast paired with an Orc would be money for you.

I'm not a wraith expert but my glows are overstable, and the flat ones with the circle Climo character that I've thrown are beefy. Wraiths were approved in '05 and the Augusta CFRs were '06 but I haven't read anything about pre augusta.

edit: if you don't want super overstable then the orc will work or pick up a well used S-PD in our MarketPlace at a huge discount!!

Sorry maybe I said that wrong...
I tend to like OS discs. While I really like the saint, I would like something just a tad beefier. Would the Escape be more OS?

Sorry maybe I said that wrong...
I tend to like OS discs. While I really like the saint, I would like something just a tad beefier. Would the Escape be more OS?

I haven't thrown the Escape but from what I've read I'm gonna say it'll overlap the Saint. Fresh S-PD are beefy and further than teebirds. If you want to jump past control drivers and into distance drivers I'd still try a max bio-trespass or even more OS fusion trespass. Of course, for big headwind/fade and only a 2.1 vs 2.2 rim width tick, the star destroyer is enough for the world champ over 500'+.

BTW, predators and firebirds are more OS but are not going to go as far as your wraith and beasts with high PLH are going to be stable at best well over 400'.

I was wondering this also...
I throw my 175g Saint(yes just one) for distance, on a good throw up to 400' from a very slight hyzer and let it turn some and fade. Love the glide. I'm thinking about trying something more overstable speed 9-10. Would like Opto Saint or PD(S/C) do the trick?

I throw my 175g Saint(yes just one) for distance, on a good throw up to 400' from a very slight hyzer and let it turn some and fade. Love the glide. I'm thinking about trying something more overstable speed 9-10. Would like Opto Saint or PD(S/C) do the trick?

Sounds like the trespass is what your looking for... You could try to find the new hybrid plastic which is supposed to be more OS than fusion.
I did some reading on it last night. The description I saw said, from least OS to most OS:

Lucid---->Biofusion---->Fusion---->Hybrid

I think it's a little counterintuitive, bc I normally think of champion style plastics as most OS, but apparently not in this case.
Either way I will absolutely be picking up a couple each of the Escape & Trespass.

I will also be getting one each of the MVP Volt & Amp. I'll actually probably grab a Neutron & Proton Volt. What about the Amp, should I get both plastics?

Last edited:

175 S-PD will be more over stable than your Saint. C-PD is closer to predator flight.

Sounds like the trespass is what your looking for...

... regarding the trespass, its more like the wraith, archon, and astra in speed as all have a 2.1 width rim which is wider than the PD/Saint's 1.9 rim.

OK. So, I went out to the field this morning with some of my old and newly aquired high speed stuff (9-12 speed) and here is what I found:

Star Avery Destroyer 172g (new) = Not as bad to throw as I remember. A tad bit OS for me to get the full distance potential out of it. My Wraith & PDs went a tad further. I think working with it though, I could get it to straighten out. I'm close to having good enough form/snap to make use of it, but probably not quite there yet.

Star Teerex 175g (new) = Just about the furthest throws I had were with this disc. Its a speed 11. Good balance of OS to glide with nice forward easy fade.

Wraiths 175g & 167g (8-9/10) = Solid throws that were significantly longer than where I've been putting my Teebirds. I can say it was at least 30-40ft longer with the light one having more HS turn but still having good fade. It just makes me nervous and requires a bit more focus to make sure I get it out clean.

C-PD 175g (new) = Awesome disc! The first throw went about 380' dead straight with NO fade and only about 10-15ft off the ground. When I tried to get it up a little and work an S line the wind killed it.

S-PD 175g (new) = I like this less than the C-PD, but I can see it having a place. It does NOT fight a head wind like the C-PD, and I can turn it over if I'm not careful. I think powering down a bit and letting it work would make some nice lines, but thats not reaching out there like the disc I'm looking for in my distance driver slot.

Opto Saint 175g (new) = A nice disc for sure, maybe a tad US for big power drives or headwind, but it might make the bag depending on how it stacks up to the Lucid Escape I just ordered. Longer than my Teebirds & Eagles though with the same power input.

1st Run GL Fury 174g (<- I think) (new) = Not a bad disc either. I dont care for the dome on it, and its a bit US for me too. I think it would break in to a super flip monster/roller. The jury is out on this one, need to work with it some.

Pre-flight # Champ ORC 174g (7/10) = Not bad, but nothing spectacular here. Has some HS Turn, but finishes well. Also not a headwind disc. I'm not sure it significantly longer than my current fairways enough to make the bag.

To wrap it up, I think the Wraith is still my overall favorite High Speed driver out of this group. Maybe bc of my comfort level with it. The Teerex is a close second and I like that it is a bit more OS than the Wraith. I see potential with the Destroyer, but I'm gonna have to develop a bit more snap to really use it the way it should be .

I also have a Fuzion Trespass 172g on order, I hope I can work with it too. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a Lucid & Biofuzion

Opinions???

Wraiths :thmbup: Most OS ones I have are 171 stars or full weight champs. For distance, hyzerflips and turnovers I have 167(ish) and full weight(yeah?) stars.

Fuzion Trespass is a sweet disc. If the star destroyer is too OS for you when new you'll like the trespass. Wraiths are nice I like the renegade though. Similar numbers but I get more glide and s curve from the renegade. If you're liking the saint you might like the escape more but they do have some overlap depending on the plastics you choose.

I also have a Fuzion Trespass 172g on order, I hope I can work with it too. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a Lucid & Biofuzion.

Apdrvya (1,800+ positive feedback reviews) has a 174 8/10 fusion trespass in the Marketplace for $10:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93546

I've got a 174 9/10 blue lucid trespass that I'd sell for $12, PM me if interested.

What did you pay for the fusion you ordered to test?

So I've had the chance to throw both the trespass and escape in both fusion and lucid plastics...

I love the feel of the lucid/opto, but both the trespass & escape are pretty flippy for me under full power. The escape in fusion is pretty sick. The disc I am able to throw the most consistently further than my fairways is the Opto Saint.

The overall longest throw I've had with all the new fast plastic was with the Lucid Trespass probably about 430'

I need lots of field work with these to really learn them though and make a decision on which is best for me. These are just my initial impressions. The Star Destroyers maybe just a lost cause for me, cause the act just like a super fast Teebird for me on any slight hyzer release, and flat to anny release may or may not come back. Either way I just don't have power or snap to get it up to speed. I'm sure when I turn it over it's gotta be from OAT.