• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Convince me on Teebird alternative

TLDR: I am looking for someone to convince of a Teebird "esc" disc to try from another company. I throw them around 300. Nothing OOP please.

Someone is going to have to convince me that there is any such thing as a "Teebird-esque" alternative. It is arguably accurate to say that no one has duplicated the Teebird nor gotten truly close to it.

If you (the OP) want to try new companies or new plastic, I'd suggest a different mold. Maybe a Lat64 Gold Line River for the neutral/understable control driver slot in your bag. Maybe a Sockibomb Compass (Opto plastic) in the midrange, or a Titanium Buzzz in the midrange area.

But the Teebird? Naah, too unique... and too legit to quit.

If you ask your girlfriend if she would mind if you dated some other women be prepared to start dating other women.

If you see a Stalker on the cheap (misprint, trade, PIAS.. Tons of them out there..), discraft has some nice plastics. Certainly worth fieldwork and a good giveaway disc if you do not dig it.

I am still in the middle of my replace-the-teebird experiment, but so far the future looks good for the bird.

I thought I'd be a better player for being able to do teebirdish things with a slightly faster disc - and its certainly improving my game, but it's also not replacing the teebird with a faster fairway driver.

I have yet to pick up the QJLSs which I'm pretty excited to try (what? I'm newish..) but pretty much resigned to keeping the Teebird in the bag at this point. Is the JLS really a slower rim than the Teebird even though it's marked speed 8 vs 7? Not a concern, just curious. Looks like 1.6 v 1.8 rims.

Rival is awesome. I love the one I bought used to be thrown for my "over water Teebird" so much that it has replace all but my superoverstable Teebird. And I have bought about 5 more since then. Plus Pinnacle plastic is so awesome I wish all of my "Champ style" discs could be in Pinnacle.

Last edited:
Try a c line discmania fd. They fly like a slightly beat teebird. I used to throw teebirds in different stages of wear now I have one in the bag and don't throw it much.

Try a c line discmania fd. They fly like a slightly beat teebird. I used to throw teebirds in different stages of wear now I have one in the bag and don't throw it much.

I have a C-Line FD and love it but it is pretty much nuts straight for me.

I have yet to pick up the QJLSs which I'm pretty excited to try (what? I'm newish..) but pretty much resigned to keeping the Teebird in the bag at this point. Is the JLS really a slower rim than the Teebird even though it's marked speed 8 vs 7? Not a concern, just curious. Looks like 1.6 v 1.8 rims.

The lower wing of the QJLS is supposed to be the Whippet so it's kind of odd it's listed as being thinner. But, yes, it is a slower rim. Much like the TeeBird against faster drivers, the QJ is slow out of the hand, but it just holds its line like a dream and finishes with a nice, tidy little fade.

I like the VIP Stag for this slot, they are wicked straight until you really lean into it and then you can get a bit of turn and still some fade out of it.

Really it's more like an Eagle plus more glide.

But I like them. Don't yell at me Teebird guys.

The only thig I would throw in place of a teebirds would be a second run FD, and I don't recommend going down that rabbit hole.

I have other discs that I throw along with the Teebird such as Crave, River, Volt, etc, but my 162g Star Teebird is always in the bag and used often.

Latest posts