• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cool Experiment

frennis524

Par Member
So I wanted to test how honest my Disc Golfing community is...I took a almost new Z Buzzz and clearly wrote my name and number on the top and bottom. I left it in the 8th basket while nobody else was playing. Do you think I will get a call?

P.S. I really do not know how anyone can compare a buzzz to a used Roc the Roc is so much better. I won't miss the Buzzz if I don't get it back.

law of averages says no, id say i get a call on 1/4 of the discs i lose (unless its at one of my home courses in which case its closer to 3/4)

Jesse B 707 said:
law of averages says no, id say i get a call on 1/4 of the discs i lose (unless its at one of my home courses in which case its closer to 3/4)

WHY, DEAR GOD WHY won't your avatar continue for 10 more seconds?!?!!?!?!?

daaaaaaaaaaaaamnnn youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :twisted:

ericdmb said:
Jesse B 707 said:

you're on the internet...you have access to literally millions of boobs. Take Action! :D

RustyP said:
ericdmb said:
Jesse B 707 said:

you're on the internet...you have access to literally millions of boobs. Take Action! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: QFT

Music from the musical Avenue Q: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNARJPNz2CA&feature=related

Jesse B 707 said:

I have found two discs in the last month. I have called both numbers and left messages for both with my number. I still have not gotten a call back.

RustyP said:
ericdmb said:
Jesse B 707 said:

:lol: if you look hard enough you can even find the extended version of my avatar.......duh what was her name? someone on here knew it

Jesse B 707 said:

Yea exactly. If I lose a disc at my home course Im pretty damn sure I will get it back because i know everyone.. But if I lose one at a course I traveled to, I accept it's likely not coming back..

And yes Jesse, your avatar is by far the best on the forum! :D

Jesse B 707 said:
RustyP said:
ericdmb said:
Jesse B 707 said:

:lol: if you look hard enough you can even find the extended version of my avatar.......duh what was her name? someone on here knew it

It'd be nice to know - cause I have a friend who'd like to see more

that avatar has hijacked more threads than a shoplifting granny in a fabric shop.

ChUcK said:
that avatar has hijacked more threads than a shoplifting granny in a fabric shop.
rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

ChUcK said:

unless you like dudes, how can it not?
it is very distracting and at the same time, so wonderful!

I think that when JesseB gets tired of her as his avatar, she should be passed to another, not as a whore but as a torch- a torch of brilliance and splendor and goodness, to light our path through the dark...

You know, so we can continue to enjoy.

More likely newer, better, sexier, younger avatars will be found. 8)

"not as a whore but as a torch- a torch of brilliance and splendor and goodness"

HA! awesome MB signature...I imagine it's even funnier if you don't have a clue what it's referring to :lol:

sorry to ruin your thread, frennis :(

ChUcK said:
I think that when JesseB gets tired of her as his avatar, she should be passed to another, not as a whore but as a torch- a torch of brilliance and splendor and goodness, to light our path through the dark...

You know, so we can continue to enjoy.

More likely newer, better, sexier, younger avatars will be found. 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think everyone should get cleavage avatars...

But back on topic: Keep in mind that just because you only get calls about lets say, 1 out of every 4 discs you lose - doesn't mean that all 4 were actually FOUND by someone and 3 of them just didn't call you for them.

If you followed your disc well and looked thoroughly and still didn't find it, there was probably a good reason you didn't.... that bastard is hidden GOOD. So keep in mind a lot of your discs are probably still just chillin' in a tree or under a layer of dirt and leaves.

Unless you are talking about a disc you just left in or around the basket, then you can pretty much assume if you didn't get a call, somebody just took it. So its really two different monsters.

The only times I've found discs was when I was searching for one of my own, and it sort of makes sense that way.

I just found one today in fact while looking for my one and only long straight distance driver(poor champ Valk :cry: ) Guess the guy did the same thing I did off the tee 8)

Its only the third or fourth disc I've found, and I've returned them all successfully save one, which the number wasn't connected anymore.

Jesus I am in a typing mood tonight - someone give me a 6 pack or some Nyquil, I need sleep

Well, It's been a couple days and frennis hasn't posted again, so I'm assuming he never got his disc back.

I have lost 3 or 4 that had my name and # and never got a call about any of them.

For the record, I'm not sure if this was a very well thought out experiment in the first place. The results can't really be translated into a trend. Perhaps if you had 1000 discs, and left them at courses all over the states at different times of the year you might get some useful data.

Condemning the honest nature of the human race with one foolishly placed buzzz (which is also a form of entrapment) is jumping a little too far to a conclusion.

This may not be a controlled experiment, but I can't say I'm surprised at the results. I've been called back on I think one disc, ever, of the dozens I've lost with my name and # on them. I have returned dozens, but I think more and more that I'm the exception to the rule. I'll be playing with random guys and have to call them out on their sketchiness when they find discs...

"hell yeah, a champ valk!"

"is there a # on it?"

"yeah, but too bad for this guy, this thing is sweet!"

:roll: "maybe you should return it, have you ever lost YOUR favorite driver?"

Jsw said:
I think everyone should get cleavage avatars...

But back on topic: Keep in mind that just because you only get calls about lets say, 1 out of every 4 discs you lose - doesn't mean that all 4 were actually FOUND by someone and 3 of them just didn't call you for them.

If you followed your disc well and looked thoroughly and still didn't find it, there was probably a good reason you didn't.... that bastard is hidden GOOD. So keep in mind a lot of your discs are probably still just chillin' in a tree or under a layer of dirt and leaves.

Unless you are talking about a disc you just left in or around the basket, then you can pretty much assume if you didn't get a call, somebody just took it. So its really two different monsters.

The only times I've found discs was when I was searching for one of my own, and it sort of makes sense that way.

I just found one today in fact while looking for my one and only long straight distance driver(poor champ Valk :cry: ) Guess the guy did the same thing I did off the tee 8)

Its only the third or fourth disc I've found, and I've returned them all successfully save one, which the number wasn't connected anymore.

Jesus I am in a typing mood tonight - someone give me a 6 pack or some Nyquil, I need sleep
i never leave a soldier(on purpose), when i lose a disc its because i threw a second shot and forgot about it 99% percent of the time, so they are prolly in a pretty obvious spot