• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coolest Type of Ace

What is the coolest type of Ace?

• Long Distance

Votes: 46 19.7%
  • Skip Shot

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • Blind Basket

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Tunnel Shot

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • Overhand Shot

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Roller

Votes: 55 23.6%
  • Hanging Basket

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Bounce off an object (Most Likely a Tree)

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Animal Assist into the basket

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? "The coolest type of ace" is a roller? I'll wager it's possible -- given a long enough timeline, a pride of monkeys banging on a typewriter could write an episode of Boston Legal -- but seriously? Anyone ever seen (or heard of) a roller ace?

I've never seen a roller ace. I believe there was one mentioned earlier in this thread that was caught on film. Seems nutty to me. Forget who but it was a big name and at De La a couple of years ago.....

They ARE All Cool!

My first witnessed one (Cedarock #12); my first one (Wellspring #14 original); my double ricochet, blind silent one (Barber Park #16); my loooong ricochet (Wellspring #10 current, that used to be 14); my money earning tournament one (Wellspring #5); the ones that actually looked like I knew what I was doing (Cedarock 11, 13, & 14, Wellspring 18, Johnson Street 15 & 16); the repeats (Cedarock 11 & 13, Wellspring 11 original layout); the witnessed skip ace (Johnson Street 12) and overhand thrown ace (Wellspring 13)...

Got a $222 ace in the 2011 Am worlds infront of my entire Family. Hole 1 Parma, over the pond, was a pretty cool moment. Oh, was on the card with Ben Askren too so got his signature before he left to do MMA full time.

I have hit a couple of big thumber aces. One was 300 over a ravine in high wind. I was playing mediocre golf and getting frustrated. Stepped to the tee to throw a hyzer, said F it, went back to the bag and bombed a super high thumber across that absolutely smashed into the chains and stuck. Got paid for that one.

Also had a couple of sweet aces with my Buzz on reverse lines

I have hit the chains more than a few times with thumbers and if they don't stick, very bad things tend to happen. Usually very bad roll aways, especially on the mountain

Latest posts