• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

CoolioMcFly's Bag

cooliomcfly

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 6 months serious, years casual
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: back and forehand
Golf Distance (avg/max*)
Backhand drives 275/300
Forehand drives 300/350
Midranges 200/250
Putters 100/150

Overall i feel confident with my bag, i just want to make sure im not missing anything important. I cannot throw good tomahawks and i dont know if thats because im just not god at them or i dont have the proper type of disc. I dont really want to carry around a lot of discs (because i dont wanna buy a bigger bag) so any suggestions would have to be significant enough to knock something else out or fill a gap i didn't even know i had.

Bag:

Drivers
171 Champ Ape (good) - most overstable disc i own, for serious hyzers and
insane headwinds
166 Star TeeDevil (good) - still not completely beat in, for moderately windy
days, back-up
147 Blizz Champ Krait (great) - main forehand driver, great control in most
conditions
170 Champ Sidewinder (fair) - main backhand driver

170 Champ TeeBird (fair) - main fairway, still has good fade
168 Champ Leopard (good) - control fairway, shots that need minimal fade

Mids:
168 Z Comet (new) - consistent lines, form revisions
175 Super Stingray (fair) - main mid, handles wind well

Putter/mid hybrid
170 ESP Zone (good) - very versatile disc, makes a great overstable mid with good glide, my favorite approach disc, and a great hyzer putter for putting into wind, i know its technically a putter but it managed to push out my Roc so i felt it deserved a special place here

Putters:
168 Star Dart (fair) - low puts and longgg go-for putts
170 DX Aviar (good) - main putter

i can drive very comfortably forehand and am working on getting my backhand up to the same level, but can do almost all other shots both backhand and forehand with the same results. i am not a huge fan of beaded discs, they're just not too comfortable to me. i do have a small amount of other discs that ive bought and am currently not using listed below.

170 Champ Boss (good) Swapped for Ape
150 Blizz Champ Destroyer (fair) Kicked out by Krait
175 Champ Wraith (fair) Swapped for TeeDevil
168 R-Pro Roc (fair) kicked out by Zone
180 Star Mako (good) kicked out by Comet
169 DX Stingray (used) toooo flippy for anything productive
173 DX Rhyno (good) kicked out by Zone

any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. i know the post is long but thank you for enduring to the end and for the help!!

Last edited:
why Pro-D plastic over ESP??? I usually play in pretty wooded courses and i feel like the Pro-D plastic would wear out a lot faster, and the only thing keeping that disc in my bag is that it isn't that worn in yet

Just for a different stability. D is a lot straighter than ESP. They don't break in very fast at all. They can get beat pretty bad without changing stability.

Latest posts