• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Copyright Issues

I like some GDS stuff and I think there's a place for them in the world, so I haven't taken any action. But I was the person who notified Marvel of Dynamic's rampant infringement ...

:\ Don't you work for a competing company? ... You seem to imply that one phone call from you and companies just shrivel and die.

:\ Don't you work for a competing company? ... You seem to imply that one phone call from you and companies just shrivel and die.

If you could only see that he's saying that he doesn't want to see any of these companies shut down...

I worked for a competing retailer at the time and didn't expect my tattling to have that much of an effect, where the products came down immediately. It worked out for them apparently, but yeah I was morally conflicted with what I had brought upon people who are ultimately on the same team as me. Like I said, some stamps I believe could bankrupt a small business, and as cheesy and insincere as it may sound, I don't wish that upon anyone on our team.

If Jamie would say or hint at something like "we're looking to improve that", I'll take it, and ask that my bummer posts be removed. He's more positive than me on here so if he doesn't want to address any of this, I understand, but would like to see the industry improve in this regard.

Well that's good, I thought it was communicated clearly. Indeed this is my personal petty cause, and I'll unprofessionally run it into the ground as I tend to do.

It's like SD86's conspiracy theories about DaveD and Gstar plastic. :doh:

Never did, this is the first time I've publicly owned up to my low down weasel move. There's a form on Marvel's website, and the next week all their "patriotic shields" were in misprint packs, clearing out stock without having it pictured. That's the only copyright I've tattled. I honestly think that some of these copyrights from GDS/RDG would shut down the business and financially wreck some people/families for life, and I can't do that. Being a jerk about it online is more in my moral wheelhouse.

Good to know you have limits, and I agree with your point 100% on use of IP. However, ever since some of the first times you have mentioned this, I personally have seen RDGs stamps change on their discs to more "in-house" designs, so maybe you should tone down some of the accusations and open up dialogues with the companies. But that's just me.

However, ever since some of the first times you have mentioned this, I personally have seen RDGs stamps change on their discs to more "in-house" designs, so maybe you should tone down some of the accusations and open up dialogues with the companies. But that's just me.

I haven't seen much newer RDG stuff so that may be true, and if so I apologize to Jamie and his fans for blasting him on something if he's already working to change it. The Homer Simpsons a couple weeks ago threw up a red flag on Fringe stamping, and I talked to the company owner about it... actually held it together like a professional, and it was a productive friendly discussion. There's a steady stream of new bootlegs on FB though, so I don't get the impression GDS itself is slowing that down.

I haven't seen much newer RDG stuff so that may be true, and if so I apologize to Jamie and his fans for blasting him on something if he's already working to change it. The Homer Simpsons a couple weeks ago threw up a red flag on Fringe stamping, and I talked to the company owner about it... actually held it together like a professional, and it was a productive friendly discussion. There's a steady stream of new bootlegs on FB though, so I don't get the impression GDS itself is slowing that down.

Yeah, when this whole discussion started I went to RDG's site and most (all?) stamps were the in-house "Eye," "Lotus" and Tyrant stamps. I haven't seen a run of potentially problematic discs in a little while, so to me, at least under RDG, Jamie has taken the message to heart.

DaveM on the other hand......that's probably going to be an uphill battle.

Ok , I hope this isn't a dumb question. Are all of those Wizards with the old washed up band stamps, 30 year old movie images, jumpman , etc. etc. produced by Gateway?

Even if what Zam says is 100% true (I think he is right) I would hope that Gateway reps would not be naive enough to come address it in a public forum. They should quickly and quietly fix this problem and just stop doing it going forward. If the copyright holders choose to be pricks, GDS really could come crashing down. Small businesses have failed for a lot less serious missteps.

:rolleyes: indeed. You literally could find reasons to not throw any company or even play disc golf for that matter.

All those little plastic chips that come off the discs polluting the earth afterms hitting a tree for one.

65355109783970568086.png

MVSTIC-2.jpg

Time to shut down MVP, guys. If you don't come 100% original you just can't contribute to culture. :|

You like that? Eh...

I have rainbow lettering but still waiting on the check from google. My OG crayon writing was the first.