• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Corey's form

icorey

I recorded a few videos of my drives and I'd like to find out what I'm doing wrong and right. First, let me say that I'm new to the sport and I've only been throwing backhand for a couple weeks, so I'm not expecting to be very good. But still I'd like to get some input so I can throw better.

Videos:

A few things I see:
  • I'm not pulling through level; I tend to pull the disc down.
  • It looks like I'm pulling the disc around my chest.
  • I pull my left arm in rather than just dropping it down; not sure if that affects anything.
  • I'm bending my right leg, IDK if I should be doing that or not.

Please let me know what I should work on first and if I'm doing anything right!

Keep with the standstill, good boy! Strong arming it with no elbow chop. Your pull line is not straight from reachback to hit and the disc doesn't get in close to the right pec, you have a swing or arc in your pull line, making it hard to accelerate late. Try keeping the disc more off to the left side of the tee pad on reachback, and bring the elbow forward of the shoulder to start the pull and keep the disc in and straight line close to the chest. You may also want to try closing your front foot a little and move it slight toward the left tee pad. Also throw your putters and mids, and check out the first and last links in the technique sticky.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26165

Thanks so much! Yeah, when I start feeling confident, I try a run-up, but it's not pretty.

Should I pull through like this with my shoulders pointing to the tee?
pull.png

(that's an overhead view, btw)

I'm not sure how to not strong-arm it. Before, I've tried rotating my hips hard and I end up pulling my front shoulder back so all my throws go high and to the left.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

If you compare your throw to the diagrams below, your elbow never gets forward of the shoulder, so instead of keeping the disc in a straight line, it arcs around.

25z2g4z.jpg

snaphammer.png

Sorry but I'm going to say that u need to lose the stand still. You will get so much more power and distance out of it. If you are doing a stand still then ur base power starts at 0 mph. If u add an X step to ur approach then u get a base power of about 2-3 mph, and if u get a run up then u can get it up to 5-6 mph.

Sorry but I'm going to say that u need to lose the stand still. You will get so much more power and distance out of it. If you are doing a stand still then ur base power starts at 0 mph. If u add an X step to ur approach then u get a base power of about 2-3 mph, and if u get a run up then u can get it up to 5-6 mph.
...and get a Groove! :thmbdown:

this is the dion arlyn effect...

you need to work on your head position. You need to be looking at your target upon release. snapping your head around will also help to increase accuracy and power. You are a giant coil, be the coil.

Stop thinking so much and just intend to do well. Sorry, I see you haven't played very long. Stand sideways to your target for straight throws, a bit backward for anny's and forward for hysers.

Last edited:

Latest posts