• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

I agree. The Corvette throw Barsby did looked like a bomb. I haven't watched more than that, so I don't know what the final verdict is.

The Corvette looks like a bomber for guys who throw 400'+. The disc will take some arm speed to maximize flight.

Possibly like a Shryke, but a hair more overstable. Maybe a speed 14 Pharaoh?

I agree. The Corvette throw Barsby did looked like a bomb. I haven't watched more than that, so I don't know what the final verdict is.

The Corvette looks like a bomber for guys who throw 400'+. The disc will take some arm speed to maximize flight.

Possibly like a Shryke, but a hair more overstable. Maybe a speed 14 Pharaoh?

^^^ Agree with all of this, but the Corvette did look a wee tad more OS than the Pharaoh, at least the I-blend Pharaoh...

My Corvette definitely has more LSS than a pharaoh/shryke but I haven't found it to be anymore HSS.
I can get mine to hyzerflip and roll over into headwind of any kind, hyzerflip with slight rightward drift in calm/no wind and a straight laser flip to flat with tail wind.

They def don't like a headwind. They aren't lying about a 5 glide though, once it's flipped over and gliding it will hold that for a good long ways.

It looked like Barsby was tossing his Corvette again at Waco, on holes 16 and 18 specifically, day 3. I've never seen a disc move out so fast. He crushed it on 16 and came up a little short on 18. On day 2 he did reach for a star destroyer (white disc, didnt look like a boss) on 16 for the headwind though.

A corvette, colossus, and firestorm walks into a bar.... who's coming out the best workhorse highspeed driver?

I have a g star colossus that is quite flippy but goes farther than my esp nukes which is quite impressive for wide open shots.

Worth trying out the vette, or should I stick with the colossus and try it in a different plastic/s?

A corvette, colossus, and firestorm walks into a bar.... who's coming out the best workhorse highspeed driver?

I have a G Star Colossus that is quite flippy but goes farther than my ESP Nukes which is quite impressive for wide open shots.

Worth trying out the Corvette, or should I stick with the Colossus and try it in a different plastic/s?

If there is something you do not like about the Colossus then give the Corvette a try, otherwise I would stick with the disc I like.

I have a g star colossus that is quite flippy but goes farther than my esp nukes which is quite impressive for wide open shots.

Worth trying out the vette, or should I stick with the colossus and try it in a different plastic/s?

I haven't thrown a Corvette yet either, but I want to. Colossus and Firestorm are fairly close in flight. The Firestorm is a little beefier and has more low speed fade than the Colossus.

A Firestorm would be a better workhorse driver for me. The Colossus is randomly flippy and erratic. In sheer distance I'd say I can throw a Colossus further than a Firestorm.

You could actually bag both the Firestorm and Colossus and find different uses for them. Colossus would be more for understable work.

Just got mine in. Strange disc. I wanted to call it a 14 Shryke at first, but the bottom of mine has a contour almost exactly like a Tern. Maybe a cross between Tern and Shryke. The top gives mine an almost Destrulcan look. Not as bad an an Archon, just slight.

It's more OS than my Pharaoh, so it will sit in the bag waiting for the right wind.

How are the vettes flying for y'all?

Only bagged mine for a few weeks so far but I love it. For my arm I'd have to agree with some others that it feels like a slightly more stable Shryke, and I really do like the Shryke, just wished it was more like... the Corvette :) But now I don't have to.

Threw a Corvette for the first time today. Star, 175g. Here are my thoughts....

Disc is fairly flat. Just the tiniest dome. Very wide rim. Compared with a Colossus, the Corvette seems to have a wider, shallower rim.

The Corvette is very fast. You notice it right away. Lots of zip/penetration.

Glide is marginal. Honestly, I was expecting a lot more out of the glide for this disc.

A hint of high speed turn. I was able to throw the Corvette flat and see some turn. However, it wouldn't hold the high speed turn for long. The Corvette wanted to fade out fairly abruptly. At no point was I able to get great flex out if it.

Sharp, fairly dumpy fade. This also surprised me. I was expecting a more gradual fade.

All in all, the Corvette seems pretty average to me. It doesn't look like Innova has broken any new ground here. I love how fast the disc is, but I found the lack of glide and hard fade a little disconcerting. Distance was OK. I felt like I had to earn every foot of it though. The Corvette doesn't glide or flex out very well. You definitely won't get that effortless, floaty carry.

The discs I'd best compare the Corvette to are the Firestorm and Colossus. All 3 seem remarkably similar. I also threw the Corvette alongside a Shryke. The Shryke was noticeably slower, but a lot floatier and longer.

Corvette: 14, 4, -1, 3. I really didn't like the lack of glide. I was expecting a lot more there. The harsh, early fade wasn't favorable either. The Corvette isn't a bad driver. I was able to rip it accurately for decent distance. However, it isn't quite the extreme bomber I was expecting. The disc is beefier than I was expecting, and takes a pretty big arm to get any turn out of it.