• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Corvette

FH too? Or just BH? Corvette is my FH crush disc, probably 400' if I hit it on the screws, otherwise I can count on 350' from my Star Corvette. Someone here made that recommendation, and whoever that person was, THANK YOU.

All backhand. I don't forehand for any distance. I only use forehands for short hook shots to the right.

All backhand. I don't forehand for any distance. I only use forehands for short hook shots to the right.

sick... I'll be open to a G* vette. My star vette is a FH assassin.

Someone mentioned a G* Shryke for distance. I got one. It does distance, but in a very flexy way. Haven't mastered it consistently, but I see some possibilities. I like G*.

sick... I'll be open to a G* vette. My star vette is a FH assassin.

Someone mentioned a G* Shryke for distance. I got one. It does distance, but in a very flexy way. Haven't mastered it consistently, but I see some possibilities. I like G*.

Head to head I get better distance with the G* Corvette than the G* Shryke. The Shryke is a hair flippier and slower. Both are really glidey and long.

I have no clue how a G* Corvette would perform forehand. They're a touch flippy. I have to release with a little hyzer to keep them from dive bombing right.

Innova seems to be phasing out a bit, or simply prioritizing Star over GStar. It's too bad because I really prefer GStar in high speed drivers. For fairways and others not at all though. It just seems to turn and fade less and glide a bit more, thus go further.

But I suppose I have enough to last me a few years to be honest, so I'll be fine. (GStar Vettes, Katanas, Couple Destroyers).

Head to head I get better distance with the G* Corvette than the G* Shryke. The Shryke is a hair flippier and slower. Both are really glidey and long.

I have no clue how a G* Corvette would perform forehand. They're a touch flippy. I have to release with a little hyzer to keep them from dive bombing right.

G* Corvettes can handle flat release in a tail-wind, but don't like wrist roll/low anhyzers or headwinds without hyzer-flipping...

The G* Corvette is the only high speed driver I can consistently count on flipping that is more stable than a Mamba... maybe the Pro Katana but not enough to bag in the wild.

This is the disc I thought the Colossus would be.

G* Corvettes can handle flat release in a tail-wind, but don't like wrist roll/low anhyzers or headwinds without hyzer-flipping...

The G* Corvette is the only high speed driver I can consistently count on flipping that is more stable than a Mamba... maybe the Pro Katana but not enough to bag in the wild.

This is the disc I thought the Colossus would be.

I agree. IMO the Colossus was a HUGE disappointment. I've thrown quite a few of them, and they just don't fly very well. The Colossus tends to be pretty beefy, glideless, and has a harsh late fade.

For having such similar numbers, the Corvette is a million times better than the Colossus.

I think at some point Innova will quietly discontinue the Colossus, if they haven't already.

As someone correctly stated a few weeks ago, my Pro Corvette started its life as a bomber then went from slightly understable to ridiculously flippy in a very short time. Gstar seems to maintain it's original flight characteristics for a long time.

I have not thrown Star or Champ. Do you? Gstar is so nice, I'm not sure I need to try Star.

I have 2 G* and 1 Star. The Star is easier to control and more reliable but it only kinda bombs, a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really long disc, but if I'm throwing a Corvette it's because I'm looking to absolutely maximize my distance, and the Star doesn't quite do that, I'd rather just go with my flippy boss in almost all situations.

As someone correctly stated a few weeks ago, my Pro Corvette started its life as a bomber then went from slightly understable to ridiculously flippy in a very short time. Gstar seems to maintain it's original flight characteristics for a long time.

I have not thrown Star or Champ. Do you? Gstar is so nice, I'm not sure I need to try Star.

Star Corvettes are a little beefier than G*s. They don't quite glide as well or fly as far.

G* Corvettes are good for downwind, open field bombing when you want absolute max distance and accuracy isn't a huge concern.

Star Corvettes are less prone to flip, and don't S curve as much as G*s. They're shorter, fly tighter lines, and are generally more accurate than G*s.

A star Corvette is still plenty long, but I figure I get another 30-40' regularly with G*s.

Star Corvette: 14, 5, -1, 3
G* Corvette: 14, 6, -2, 2

This is how I'd rank them, on average.

So you actually found a disc that's just right, Goldilocks?

What is the lightest weight we have seen Corvettes produced?

After trying an ultra-light G* Katana I am thinking about trying a lighter than 160 Corvette.

What is the lightest weight we have seen Corvettes produced?

After trying an ultra-light G* Katana I am thinking about trying a lighter than 160 Corvette.

Lightest I've seen was a 166 star. Flat and surprisingly beefy/glideless. I didn't like it.

A light G* Corvette would absolutely smash. The 3 G*s I have are all 170+.

Lightest I've seen was a 166 star. Flat and surprisingly beefy/glideless. I didn't like it.

I have a 168g G*Star Corvette and I bought it from a retailer having them in the 166-169g category (In Estonia though). Also Innova proshop has had some 160-163 Champion ones.

Sounds like a mis-stamped Colossus...

My 160 & 161 G* can go but don't noticeably outperform the 170 G*. They all blow the Star away when it comes to pushing distance in a tail wind without much loss in a headwind.

Sounds like a mis-stamped Colossus...

My 160 & 161 G* can go but don't noticeably outperform the 170 G*. They all blow the Star away when it comes to pushing distance in a tail wind without much loss in a headwind.

I have a flat Star Corvette. Flies like a bad G* Boss and probably shorter too, one of my least favorite high speed distance drivers.

I have a couple of super glidey g* corvettes. One just under 170 g and one just over. Yup, they go far. F2s straight from Innova.

I have a couple of super glidey g* corvettes. One just under 170 g and one just over. Yup, they go far. F2s straight from Innova.

I just lost my go-to Gstar Vette. Have a F2 backup though. I had to leave it on the fairway last week, that was the last time I threw it… no call either.

Stay tuned. I just got my first champion Corvette. I have quite a few G*s and stars, but hadn't seen a champion before. 175g, and a nice dome. I'll post here after I throw it. I'm expecting good things.