• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cory Murrell leaving CCDG, going solo

Thanks for the coverage so far.

One thought; the passing back and forth of the microphone looks really awkward. Looks like I'm watching sports interviews from the seventies! Guess I've gotten used to the more natural banter back and forth with both people being micked up. Or maybe it's just that you're standing far away and the constant reaching is throwing me off. Just a thought.

Last edited:
It was pretty disappointing to have tournament spoilers in the titles and thumbnails of his videos from this past weekend. Hopefully he gets that worked out. If not, I'll probably have to unsubscribe.

Thanks for the coverage so far.

One thought; the passing back and forth of the microphone looks really awkward. Looks like I'm watching sports interviews from the seventies! Guess I've gotten used to the more natural banter back and forth with both people being micked up. Or maybe it's just that you're standing far away and the constant reaching is throwing me off. Just a thought.

Agree. Content is fine and he's an okay interviewer, but I don't feel like he needs to be in the shot. My suggestion would be to stand next to the camera and have the interviewee look almost directly into the camera with a more close up shot.

My suggestion would be to stand next to the camera and have the interviewee look almost directly into the camera with a more close up shot.

Couldn't disagree with you guys more. You can see the camaraderie and respect in tone and body language that comes from talking to Cory instead of the camera.

Cory is not an outsider "journalist". He's friends with most of these guys having been in the trenches along side. In fact, from a purely athletic pursuit, these camera guys have to put more hustle into their day than the golfers by running to get into place and such. I believe that he's earned the respect and friendship that we can see and hear in his interviews.

I'll grant that he needs to better prepare his questions both individually and as a story arc, but that will come with experience.

You are witnessing one of the most compassionate guys on the tour who has the best opportunity to get the most vulnerable honest side of any one of these touring pros. If Cory really applies himself to this form, his interviews will eventually be important historical documents that will long outlive all but the highest highlights of any tournament footage.

Agree. Content is fine and he's an okay interviewer, but I don't feel like he needs to be in the shot. My suggestion would be to stand next to the camera and have the interviewee look almost directly into the camera with a more close up shot.

Terry Miller has done this in the past. For me, it's awful.

Apple boxes. There's no shame in it, everyone in the film biz uses 'em, and they make the frame look nicer. Just sayin'.

That or chairs. I am sure in time these guys will have a better camera presence in time but Mr. Conrad literally didn't know what to do with his hands and it caused me way more stress than it should.

That or chairs. I am sure in time these guys will have a better camera presence in time but Mr. Conrad literally didn't know what to do with his hands and it caused me way more stress than it should.

I haven't watched that interview yet and I like JC, but you made me think of this....

d457fa037f5a5371106f91e0a75650e3.jpg

Latest posts