• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Could Discraft be in trouble?

Is anyone gonna elaborate on the "discraft owns the patent on the wizard" comment?

Discraft makes so much money off their Ultimate disc and the Buzzz. Trust me, they are fine.

At the Discraft warehouse, the Ultra-Star sales pay for everything beneath the rafters. The Buzz and Nuke pays for eveything else :|

I have found this thread interesting and somewhat informative. I am amazed at the level of business information that is available at the user level. I do not find this to be a common theme in other sports or aspects of my consumer life. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough. Again, I think much of the content is speculation.

Upon starting disc golf, it was quite obvious that there were camps of folks devoted to a specific manufacture. There are also those that pick and choose based on what they like beyond the manufacture. Either way, there seemed to be a personal connection.

I use some from the Trilogy, some Prodigy, some MVP, and a specific Discraft (Flick). These happen to be the discs I started with and learned. I am comfortable with each of them and know what I can do with them. Together, they create a bag that covers a spectrum of options to attack most courses. At some level, I believe that is what most golfers are trying to do.

With all of this said, I think disc golfers are very lucky. We have a ton of plastic options and it continues to grow. If it did come up, loosing Discraft would be huge. Hopefully this idea is simply rumor as others have said already.

I think the market "changes" have been slightly overestimated

Only putting the Nebula in full production will save Discraft now. :|

They are fine. I've always been amazed how much they actually do for us.

Right now they are committed to re-building the team and its a great time for younger talent to sign up. 16 or younger
Over 900 rated
Qualifies for the newly founded junior team

Discraft has been fantastic for me and its much more than the plastic.

Sponsored players don't make these companies any money...lol

Unless you are a sponsored athlete with a company and can directly associate your influence with companies earnings, it's hard to determine how much influence you have on the companies earnings.

My sponsors offer codes and such which fans can use for discounts and reporting purposes.

Trust me, I am helping sponsors make plenty of money and in turn am doing quite well myself.

Unless you are a sponsored athlete with a company and can directly associate your influence with companies earnings, it's hard to determine how much influence you have on the companies earnings.

My sponsors offer codes and such which fans can use for discounts and reporting purposes.

Trust me, I am helping sponsors make plenty of money and in turn am doing quite well myself.

I'd be willing to use some of those discount codes if you'd like to provide them.

Trust me, I am helping sponsors make plenty of money....

I would have to see the numbers to believe this.
Can you prove it?
What's your definition of "plenty"?

Also sorry, but I don't know you so I won't just trust your comments. :)

I would have to see the numbers to believe this.
Can you prove it?
What's your definition of "plenty"?

Also sorry, but I don't know you so I won't just trust your comments. :)

I would say that anyone doing DG stuff in other countries with little kids around the world is doing plenty for their sponsor. Numbers are only something you can judge from sales standpoint and sponsor players are not really sales people at all although it can be a part of their venture personally.

At our level we don't have Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan figures so the sponsorship motives are much different.

Keep up the nice work Holly!

I would say that anyone doing DG stuff in other countries with little kids around the world is doing plenty for their sponsor. Numbers are only something you can judge from sales standpoint and sponsor players are not really sales people at all although it can be a part of their venture personally.

At our level we don't have Tiger Woods or Michael Jordan figures so the sponsorship motives are much different.

Keep up the nice work Holly!

I was talking money like she was in her post I quoted. That's what I thought was the topic here. not the feel good stuff you mentioned.

I was talking money like she was in her post I quoted. That's what I thought was the topic here. not the feel good stuff you mentioned.

in the big picture that stuff you think is "feel good" equals much more money than hard sales can.

I make money buy building relationships not selling myself or stuff.

:clap:

We said. Can you do that here please?

Like he doesn't know Holly-- Do you know me?

I'm sure her work for Innova proves itself without providing stats. Now if you want some easy stats for me here maybe you should read my feedback riiiiiite quiiiiiiick and comb your hair...

troll-doll.jpg