• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course at North Wilkesboro NC

chainmonkey

Par Member
I hear that the North Wilkesboro Town Council has given the go-ahead to begin the planning and placement of a public DG course in North Wilkesboro. The is to be located in Highland Park. A park that has been dormant for a while. If you know of anyone that would like to sponsor a hole or make a contribution to the Wilkes County DG club go to www.wilkesdiscgolf.org

Last edited:
I think a Yadkin, Wilkes, Ashe, road trip would make a very nice Saturday, A course between Yadinville and Ashe should be most welcome

I think a Yadkin, Wilkes, Ashe, road trip would make a very nice Saturday, A course between Yadkinville and Ashe should be most welcome

tournament at the new course

This Grand Opening Tourney is a BIG Deal in Wilkes County!

We'll be hosting our first-ever HOME EVENT in North Wilkesboro on July 17th & 18th, 2010. It is an overnight event to promote overnight stays - we're looking to display the tourism effect of disc golf to our major supporters. Come. Stay. Play.

We have the event divided into 7 divisions with a limit of only 56 players; two 4-somes per division.

Yes, only 8 players per division!°

Male; Advanced, Intermediate, Recreational, Junior (15 and under)
Female; Intermediate, Recreational, Junior (15 and under)

Pre-register today to avoid missing out on your spot in this event.

No BAGGERS Please!

The hope is to avoid any day-of signups by having everyone pre-register and prepay.

$22 is the buy-in; includes a take-home collector disc for the occasion, a gift bag, CTPs and a $2 ace pool entry; plus the chance at plastic pay-outs for each division's top 3 finishers.

No ace hit the entire weekend? We'll offer a CTP or putting challenge on Sunday after lunch and award half of the ace pool to the winner! The other half benefiting the club's operating budget.

Remember, you can mail in the payment, but you're locked in and guaranteed a spot by registering online (DGU charges $1.32 to cover their credit card fees, administration and mailing of a check to the club). Instant gratification costs 6% more.

Register online here:

http://www.discgolfunited.com/disc-golf-tournaments/tournament-dashboard.cfm/tourn_id/94

The Ace Race is a no-brainer for most new golfers (who still need/want plastic). A chance to win a new bag and a pile of plastic, but the guarantee of a $55 players pack just for signing up; all for only $25! August 21st, 2010 at Highland Hills in North Wilkesboro.

You can sign up online for this event or download the app (and mail it in), here;

http://wilkesdiscgolf.com/AceRace.php#form

Limited to the first 27 players to register*.

Can I please bag the junior division? I'll even shave. It's my only chance at finishing in the top 3.

When this course opens, that will make a nice Hwy. 421 trip. Ashe Co., this, and Yadkinville. Not a bad day of DG. Hell, even throw in Jack Warren in Lewisville if and when they get that entrance issue resolved.

I'll be going through Wilkesboro on the way to the High Country Throwdown this weekend. Is the Wilkesboro course opened to the public yet?

On the home page of the course's website, all the info on the course status is posted. Can't miss it.