• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course close to Long Island?

sidewinder22

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
What are the closest courses to Long Island/Long Beach? I know there is an object course in Brooklyn, but I'd rather go to a real course.

I lived in Brooklyn for 5 years man and that object course is no fun unless you play mad early! Honestly your best bet is Jersey. There's a decent little course at Douglas College (largest all women's campus in the country I believe). I've also played a pretty ridiculous ski hill course in Mahwah. I do have a buddy in Long Beach and I'll shoot him a message to see if he has any suggestions....although he moved back to NY from Denver over a year ago and I still have his discs in my closet so....

I lived in Brooklyn for 5 years man and that object course is no fun unless you play mad early! Honestly your best bet is Jersey. There's a decent little course at Douglas College (largest all women's campus in the country I believe). I've also played a pretty ridiculous ski hill course in Mahwah. I do have a buddy in Long Beach and I'll shoot him a message to see if he has any suggestions....although he moved back to NY from Denver over a year ago and I still have his discs in my closet so....
Why is a womens' college named after a guy? Something doesn't add up here.

Seems like any decent course is at least 80 min drive. I'm surprised there are no courses near the nyc.

Why is a womens' college named after a guy? Something doesn't add up here.

I don't know, but it's part of the Rutger's system and all I can tell you is that if you play there on 4/20, you should have a very fun day...I did:)

You're right sidewinder, when I lived in the city, it always frusterated me that there wasn't any place closer to play...

I have been to NY City several times in the last 6 months and have not played the course in Brooklyn because the reviews all talk about the number of people there.

I've played Douglas and its not bad but it is very short. One tee is only 57'.
Played a couple of nine holes also, Chimney and Greenwood. Greenwood is a very nice place but play early because it is heavily used throughout the day. Chimney is okay but again only 9. If you will make to the drive go to Campgaw, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=777 , it will work you hard but is worth the time. Just bring plenty of water and good shoes. Also, if the Spring/Fall course is still up the 18th is one of the most incredible. Its from the top of the ski hill down to the bottom.

if you are gonna drive an hour or more...go to warwick, mahwah, skip cubby's ace course...or play object golf with george castanza in central park..

if you are gonna drive an hour or more...go to warwick, mahwah, skip cubby's ace course...or play object golf with george castanza in central park..

I did know there is an object course in central park. When I go up there it is to do some work and I make time to play somewhere. The last 3 times I've been on Park Ave. Just a few blocks away.

Who is George Castanza?

Sorry you have to go to Long Island....You might want to find out the closest pharmacy to fill your valium prescriptions, the closest liquor store, and the closest firearm store when you have "had enough"

I did know there is an object course in central park. When I go up there it is to do some work and I make time to play somewhere. The last 3 times I've been on Park Ave. Just a few blocks away.

Who is George Castanza?

That is supposed to say "I did not know"

How about leonard park?

Read the "Other Thoughts" in tlakin's review:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1473&page=1&mode=rev#4541

I don't know if that helps, but it seems pretty close to the city and reachable by metro.

Also i wouldn't really recommend going to the one in mahwah (campgaw reservation) all the time mostly because it is a demanding hike. And i don't think anyone wants to be dieing from exhaustion everytime they play disc golf.

Also regarding the one in rutgers, the locals there have created a much more longer and challenging course than the original. So if you ask one of the locals there i'd be sure they'd be glad to show you the lay-out.

The Prospect Park course is underrated. Early during the week (Which I mentioned in my review) is best due to the traffic and volume of people, but give it a try. Also try and contact Mel (his web address is on the PPDGC Homepage) as he has created various alternate object holes that can be used when volume is high. He has them tucked away from crowded areas and allows you to still get in a full 18. They are not on the printable map, but he can meet you there and give you a tour.

I live about an hour away from LI during the school year. I usually frequent Leonard Park in Mt. Kisco, and FDR Park. If you're willing to drive a bit, Campgaw is an insane course. Tiring, but worth it just to play it once.

Latest posts