• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Course Designers

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
There is now a spot in the course info for you guys to list the course designer(s) if you know who they are.

I'm not seeing where this is - maybe I'm not lookin in the right place - help me out.

If a course doesn't have designer info you won't see it. It will show up under year established if it does.

Go the page for that course and click on course update tab, you should see it listed there. I actually found it on accident.

There is an update course info tab underneath the info box (next to the change history tab). Click it then you may enter in the designers name.

Edit: beat by a minute

contact info

thought a course contact info either number or email might be nice this very well could be the same person as the designer.

I was never a fan of the course contact thing. That info could change without notice, old phone numbers, email addresses, etc. I never saw the point of it outside of private courses, in which case you could include that info in the description.

I was never a fan of the course contact thing. That info could change without notice, old phone numbers, email addresses, etc. I never saw the point of it outside of private courses, in which case you could include that info in the description.
I tend to agree with that. I'd feel weird if I were on vacation in another city and called a "course contact" and interrupted his/her day job. :|

ERic

I tend to agree with that. I'd feel weird if I were on vacation in another city and called a "course contact" and interrupted his/her day job. :|

ERic

On the other hand, i would hate to plan a trip to a course(s), not knowing of specific things that would render play.......bummer.
I think if someone has volunteered to be a contact, they should also be willing to answer a few questions about current status not updated on here. Not to say 24/7, but at least somewhat available.

This helped me and a friend out on a weekend trip to northern alabama. I contacted the reps and made sure there were no reasons (i.e tourneys, storm damage, whatever) we wouldnt be able to play.

just a thought.

I have to agree with ERic, I would never call a course contact. Too weird for me. At most I would check the local club site to see if anything was up and ask on here.