• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses EVERYONE loves except... You

out of towners can be pretty biased as well

often nitpicking because they got lost or being unfamiliar with different types of disc golf design and most often they play a course once didnt have a good time and they trash the course in a review

often these traveling players dont understand how a course fits in with the region, why holes are designed as they are and why a course is layed out the way it is
You talking about me?

As for courses I just do not get the hype about......I was underwhelmed by Hornets Nest and to a lesser degree Bracketts Bluff
Great courses and good times but the hype meter is off the charts
That being said if I hadnt heard so much hype I think I may have been pleasantly surprised
I agree with that and you probably got to play Brackett's before it was hacked.

out of towners can be pretty biased as well

often nitpicking because they got lost or being unfamiliar with different types of disc golf design and most often they play a course once didnt have a good time and they trash the course in a review

often these traveling players dont understand how a course fits in with the region, why holes are designed as they are and why a course is layed out the way it is

As for courses I just do not get the hype about......I was underwhelmed by Hornets Nest and to a lesser degree Bracketts Bluff
That being said if I hadnt heard so much hype I think I may have been pleasantly surprised

I do not get the intense praise for Patapsco...maybe I missed something

I can easily say that I've played and enjoyed the hyped courses 20x as much as not. In our case several years ago, playing Nocky and Jordan was on a cold rainy day. Didn't matter. I could see those courses were baller. They certainly kicked my ass that day and I respected them for it. This thread is kind of lame because any disc golf course is better than none. Stay positive people...it's what will win people over in the long run!

I don't see "how a course fits into the region" has anything to do with anything.

Brackett's Bluff's first five reviews/ratings after being reduced from the original were all 5's...that will create hype every time. Not to mention skepticism.

Last edited:
. . . often these traveling players dont understand how a course fits in with the region . . .

I do not get the intense praise for Patapsco...maybe I missed something

Most of the good local courses such as Seneca Creek are tight woods. With its length, hole variety, baskets on the edge of severe drop-offs, downhill bombs, and two tees and two permanent baskets on each hole, Patapsco offers features not available on other regional courses.

I understand why some folks don't like Patapsco but I have always enjoyed it. Different strokes.

I do need to take a road trip to eastern PA and play some of those fine courses. Maybe that will change my mind.

For the record I really enjoyed Bracketts, Nest and Patapsco

Its just that the hype I had heard a out each was impossible to love up to

I found myself waiting for that wow moment and I left disappointed

In hindsight had I stumbled across these courses I wouldve been totally blown away

Fame is an evil circumstance lol

^^^ I completely get that.

There are courses in eastern PA I dont think are as great as advertised but Id be tarred n feathered if I aaid which ones lol

Winter Park was a major disappointment for me after seeing how it was rated prior to playing.

As for courses I just do not get the hype about......I was underwhelmed by Hornets Nest
How can you be underwhelmed and give Hornets Nest a 4.5 rating ?????
Hornets Nest is only rated 4.11.

i don't even agree with this. i think there is better terrain at almost any course in Ft Worth. maybe it was the first NTX course with elevation (?) but so many of them do now. Zboaz, Gateway, Turner, and Saddle Hills (which is still underrated, IMO) are all more fun and more interesting than Vets, for me anyway.

I agree on all points. Vets is a navigational nightmare that gets all sorts of praise. While Saddle Hills is very diverse with the elevation to go with it. Imo, once it gets some concrete tees, Saddle Hills will get the recognition it deserves.

To me it is about reading reviews and seeing what matches with my preferences based on what I am hearing. I don't care so much if benches and trashcans are lacking because I don't sit much or carry garbage with me. What I do care about is the use of the land. I enjoy a course here in VB (bayville) but it is bittersweet because it also has nothing to do with anything VB has to offer which is salt water, marshes, etc. Because of that it won't get good ratings. There was one course in raleigh that I saw had good reviews but I really didn't like it because it was too long for me. I don't have a bomb for an arm so I like the <400 ft. technical holes versus 1000ft. wide open. But then again I try not to review courses like that. Why tell everyone the F-350 is a terrible truck because what you originally wanted was an F-150 but changed your mind at the last second?

Latest posts