• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses in the Southbridge, Mass area

Will_S

Hey folks

I'm going to Southbridge for work July 22-24. I see there are quite a few courses in the area. I'll have a rental car, so what are the courses I should check out or avoid? I'd be willing to drive 45 min - 1 hour if need be.

Thanks!

That really is a great area for disc golf. It's hard to go wrong, I can't think of many courses around there that you should avoid.

If you have the time, you definitely should head north to play Maple Hill.

Aside from that, it's really a question of what kind of course do you want to play.

Webster F&G is a fun little wooded course.
Buffumville is a much more open, distance course.
West Thompson has a nice mix of wooded and open.

Crane Hill in Wilbraham is fun. Navigation is a little bit confusing unless they've improved the signage situation since last summer. Recommend printing the map if you head there.

Hyland Orchard is probably closest geographically. Two sets of pins and some diverse terrain and shots...it's worth the visit.

And of course, all the courses Brad mentions are good too. If you head in Maple Hill's direction, there's also Pyramids (Marshall St) and Newton Hill close by.

I don't think you can really go wrong with the courses in that area.

West Thompson & Buffumville for sure... if you like short wooded tree avoidance there's 9 holes in Pomfret one town down from Thompson...