• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Must plays in new areas

I'm staying in Pearl, maybe I'll pivot and try Center City! Thanks for the info.

I'm staying in Pearl, maybe I'll pivot and try Center City! Thanks for the info.
I think Center City is better than the Rez. It has some elevations, a few air it out shots and plenty of wooded holes.

I think Center City is better than the Rez. It has some elevations, a few air it out shots and plenty of wooded holes.
If I remember right the Rez is sort of uneven, like 3-6 really cool holes and several very meh ones as well.

Next up is Norfolk, VA, I've never been to that area before should be cool. Seems like Bayville is the only 18. Anyone know if the 9s are with hitting?

Next up is Norfolk, VA, I've never been to that area before should be cool. Seems like Bayville is the only 18. Anyone know if the 9s are with hitting?
I haven't played any of the 9's but imo if I were in Norfolk I would take the extra hour to go to the Williamsburg area for dg above the immediate area. Waller Mill and New Quarter are head and shoulders above anything farther East. If you do go to Bayville it is one of the oldest course sites on the East Coast with Hole 16 being the only surviving Ed Headrick designed hole in Virginia.

I haven't played any of the 9's but imo if I were in Norfolk I would take the extra hour to go to the Williamsburg area for dg above the immediate area. Waller Mill and New Quarter are head and shoulders above anything farther East. If you do go to Bayville it is one of the oldest course sites on the East Coast with Hole 16 being the only surviving Ed Headrick designed hole in Virginia.
That's cool to know, it is likely I'll play there since the proximity to the airport is so close.

It's possible I'll be able to move around a bit though depending on how the day goes.

Headed to Raleigh next week, is there a big hitter y'all would recommend?

Headed to Raleigh next week, is there a big hitter y'all would recommend?
Diavolo is pick of the litter. Buckhorn and Zebulon both worth a spin. I haven't played a lot of the newer ones (10 years or newer) down there other than Diavolo and Acorn Hill which is brand new.

Diavolo is pick of the litter. Buckhorn and Zebulon both worth a spin. I haven't played a lot of the newer ones (10 years or newer) down there other than Diavolo and Acorn Hill which is brand new.
It looks like I'll pass near Diavolo coming into town. I'm going to try and hit a 9 or two on the way and end the day there before I have to do meeting prep. Thanks for the tip, it looks epic!

So to start off 2024 my first few stops are the West Palm Beach area, looks somewhat light on courses.

Then Raleigh, Myrtle Beach and Ft. Myers after that.

Should be approaching course 200 by around early March.

Heading down that way. I'd love a quick recap of your trip.

Wishlisted:

Ross Barnett Reservoir - The Rez DGC
Chautauqua Park DGC
Moccasin Bend DGC----looks like it is gone
Little Black Creek - Eagles Landing----and the adjoining Eagles Nest while there
Gray Center - Alumni----and adjoining Camp Bratton-Green while there
Privet Drive DGC
Inspiration Point DGC

Looks like I should add Center City to this mix?

I have to go through these and ensure they are dog friendly.

Hey Pizza God....any input.

Staying pretty close to Pearl. Good location for home base? Any food or drink recommendations?
[h3][/h3]

Heading down that way. I'd love a quick recap of your trip.

Wishlisted:

Ross Barnett Reservoir - The Rez DGC
Chautauqua Park DGC
Moccasin Bend DGC----looks like it is gone
Little Black Creek - Eagles Landing----and the adjoining Eagles Nest while there
Gray Center - Alumni----and adjoining Camp Bratton-Green while there
Privet Drive DGC
Inspiration Point DGC

Looks like I should add Center City to this mix?

I have to go through these and ensure they are dog friendly.

Hey Pizza God....any input.

Staying pretty close to Pearl. Good location for home base? Any food or drink recommendations?
[h3][/h3]
I really like the Rez and I think Center City is very close to as good or maybe overall a touch better.

I was coming in from the east and played Highland in meridian and it was okay, very funky. The Rez and Center City in the Jackson area and then Robertson Park near Collins. Which is fun and weird and may be unconstitutional lol.

Which way are you coming into town?

I wasn't there very long but my rep to me to the the Fisherman cafe that's a funky southern BBQ buffet and we went to little Willies by the lake which was pretty decent also.

I really like the Rez and I think Center City is very close to as good or maybe overall a touch better.

I was coming in from the east and played Highland in meridian and it was okay, very funky. The Rez and Center City in the Jackson area and then Robertson Park near Collins. Which is fun and weird and may be unconstitutional lol.

Which way are you coming into town?

I wasn't there very long but my rep to me to the the Fisherman cafe that's a funky southern BBQ buffet and we went to little Willies by the lake which was pretty decent also.
We are going to stay out by Pearl. Thanks for the input, Moose.

So to start off 2024 my first few stops are the West Palm Beach area, looks somewhat light on courses.

Then Raleigh, Myrtle Beach and Ft. Myers after that.

Should be approaching course 200 by around early March.
You still in south Florida? If so, for how long?

If you're still in town through Saturday, let me know. I'm running our doubles league this week at Snyder in Ft Lauderdale

You still in south Florida? If so, for how long?

If you're still in town through Saturday, let me know. I'm running our doubles league this week at Snyder in Ft Lauderdale
I am still here until Friday morning. If I was going to be here Saturday I would come for sure!

Going to try and play Tradewoods or Easterlin today, which one do you think is better?

I am still here until Friday morning. If I was going to be here Saturday I would come for sure!

Going to try and play Tradewoods or Easterlin today, which one do you think is better?
Tradewoods for sure. Easterlin is a fun track depending on which position the basket is in. One or two of those holes are too poke and hope for my liking. Tradewoods has defined lines on pretty much every hole. You'll enjoy it. Looking forward to the review. I upvoted the two you placed yesterday. Sorry we won't get a chance to meet in person, I'm working all week. Enjoy your trip.

Tradewoods for sure. Easterlin is a fun track depending on which position the basket is in. One or two of those holes are too poke and hope for my liking. Tradewoods has defined lines on pretty much every hole. You'll enjoy it. Looking forward to the review. I upvoted the two you placed yesterday. Sorry we won't get a chance to meet in person, I'm working all week. Enjoy your trip.
Thank you sir! I wanted to do both at Tradewinds yesterday but it was getting late and the signs said they lock the gate at 6.

If I can get over there by 5 I'll play Tradewoods!

If I'm back in the area I'll PM you my rep down here may need another visit later in the second quarter.

Thank you sir! I wanted to do both at Tradewinds yesterday but it was getting late and the signs said they lock the gate at 6.

If I can get over there by 5 I'll play Tradewoods!

If I'm back in the area I'll PM you my rep down here may need another visit later in the second quarter.
Thanks for the good review on Tradewoods, I upvoted it for you. Wish we'd have gotten a chance to meet. Safe travels!

Thanks for the good review on Tradewoods, I upvoted it for you. Wish we'd have gotten a chance to meet. Safe travels!
Thank you very much! I'll hit you up if I'm back down this way.

Latest posts