• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Must plays in new areas

Very much enjoyed the south FL courses, though I'll be looking to hit Snyder next time if possible. I was basically having to squeeze playing in between 5 and 6 so proximity was paramount.

Raleigh will be next and hoping to hit a couple of new ones on the way up there.

I'll be approaching 200 courses played probably either when I'm in Biloxi or Ft.Myers.

I've played Hiller already in MS and may play it again since it was so good.

What are y'all's thoughts on the Admiral as a milestone course?

Very much enjoyed the south FL courses, though I'll be looking to hit Snyder next time if possible. I was basically having to squeeze playing in between 5 and 6 so proximity was paramount.

Raleigh will be next and hoping to hit a couple of new ones on the way up there.

I'll be approaching 200 courses played probably either when I'm in Biloxi or Ft.Myers.

I've played Hiller already in MS and may play it again since it was so good.

What are y'all's thoughts on the Admiral as a milestone course?
I really enjoyed The Admiral, and think its a great choice for a milestone.

Diavolo is pick of the litter. Buckhorn and Zebulon both worth a spin. I haven't played a lot of the newer ones (10 years or newer) down there other than Diavolo and Acorn Hill which is brand new.
Diavolo was freaking great. Thanks for the Rec! Might try to hit Buckhorn on the way out of town if I get done working in time.

Headed to Myrtle Beach this week and then to Fort Myers, anyone have tips there?

May hit up one of the Augusta courses on the way to MB.

Going to try to get to Splinter City tomorrow, the 9 at CCU was all the fun I could handle in the rain today.

If you see this while you are down there, you should check out the Teddy Peddler on Rt. 17 not far from Splinter City: a new disc golf shop that opened a couple years back. They've got a decent supply of discs and friendly folks behind the counter. Hope you enjoy(ed) the course!
Good to see disc golf growing in this barren disc golf area of SC. A new beginner 18-hole course recently opened nearby as well.

I'll see if I can hit it up on the way out of town! Not sure when I'll get done working today but will try to squeeze in at least one course.

memphis had some proper hoods

i accidently drove thru a bit of them and even tho i was able to drive away unscathed i wouldnt ever want to get a flat tire there
I used to visit factories in San Luis Potosi, Tijuana, Juarez, and Matamoros. I'd rather spend time in any of those cities than Memphis.

Up in Richmond next week but passing through Williamsburg too. Any big hitters up that way?

Up in Richmond next week but passing through Williamsburg too. Any big hitters up that way?

Williamsburg: New Quarter and Waller Mill

Richmond: Bryan Park is the standard recommendation

Caveat: Shockingly, I have not yet bagged those areas.

If you are willing to travel an hour or so beyond Richmond, you could hit Lake Marshall x 3 (absolute destination) or Fredericksburg (Loriella, Curtis, Cannon Ridge [private], Blockhouse x 3, etc.).

Ooh, I didn't think about blockhouse…my flight lands at 3 I wonder if that gives me time to get there and play before dark?

Ooh, I didn't think about blockhouse…my flight lands at 3 I wonder if that gives me time to get there and play before dark?

Sunset is around 6:12PM so that would be pushing it. I would choose Sunnyside over Darkside. And if the Tiki course is lit up you could play past dark . . . (but do check with the owners).

But there are so many good Fredericksburg courses I would suggest spending a day at least.

Richmond: Bryan if you like open park style, Dorey if you like woods.

From the Richmond airport the Williamsburg stuff will be way more convenient than the Spotsy stuff. I personally love Waller Mill but I think you would get about the same number of recommendations for New Quarter. Both are better than anything in Richmond.

Sunset is around 6:12PM so that would be pushing it. I would choose Sunnyside over Darkside. And if the Tiki course is lit up you could play past dark . . . (but do check with the owners).

But there are so many good Fredericksburg courses I would suggest spending a day at least.
Yeah that would be cool to do a full day there. I've probably got enough time for a course in Richmond and one in Williamsburg on the way to Norfolk.

From the Richmond airport the Williamsburg stuff will be way more convenient than the Spotsy stuff. I personally love Waller Mill but I think you would get about the same number of recommendations for New Quarter. Both are better than anything in Richmond.
I'll be passing through Williamsburg headed south, but won't be headed north this time so it will be doubly convenient.

Thanks for the recs!

I tried Dorey and it was a good time, got attacked by a goose though lol

Latest posts