• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses in Twin Cities

DJ Sticky Feet

Birdie Member
I've played a few courses closer to Minneapolis, like Bryant Lake from me (Maple Grove) but I'm heading down there tomorrow and I was wondering what course I should hit. Preferably a mix of open and wooded holes, and somewhere between Maple Grove and South Minneapolis. Thanks!

Well that is a small stretch of road all I can thing of that fits the bill is Plymouth Creek. only 12 holes but hole 8 is a doozy.

use the course search feature and do your research to find what your lookin for

basset might work for you.

pretty decently open is central park but has enough trees to getcha

drive a little farther east and youll get much better courses

From Maple Grove, where I live as well, the courses I frequent the most are:

Eagles - Small and technical, but great for working on your midrange driving and placement
Central - Open field precision and a couple of big throws
Bassett - Good mixture of precision and elevation change
Plymouth - Hitting a line in the woods with bends and elevation change
Bryant - Semi-challenging recreational round with a little bit of everything
Sunnyside - Better than nothing course with a few nice ace runs. The swamp sucks
Theo Wirth - Almost not worth the pay to play but still a nice leisurely round.
Hansen - Love or hate the few cones, it has decent lines and mixture of shots.
Acorn - Good mixture of lines and distance. Easy to have a great or horrible round.
Lakewood - Better than it used to be. A few bland holes mixed with a few very challenging ones.
Staring - Not worth a road trip, but challenging enough to be fun with friends. Good elevation changes.
Crown College - Giant 18 hole that will test your distance and wind fighting ability
Lochness - Giant 9 holes but three tees on each hole. Bring your accurate big distance.
Blue Ribbon Pines - Top world course. Only missing elevation.
Elm Creek - Like Bryant, well maintained. Open air bomber course with some elevation. Going to fight the wind.

There are plenty of courses on the 194/Highway 10 strip heading up to Saint Cloud that might be worth a look. They are pushing 35-45 minutes. Becker, Sportsman Hill (Clearwater), and Hidden Lake are definite must plays. At that point you might as well finish the day in Saint Cloud with Riverside, Cavalry, and Millstream (St. Joseph).

There are a few others within strike of Maple Grove that are not really worth the trip unless you are going there for a purpose; happen to be driving through, want to practice a particular shot, happen to be with friends, etc.

Hassan as an open field 9 hole course that specializes in distance
Orchard Trail Park is a three hole course just outside Champlin High School. 1 hole is interesting.
Zachary Playfields is technically a 9 hole, but only the first 5 feel like a real course.
Silverview - Once a decent 9 holer but it is slowly dying because of lack of city support
Ham Lake - Used to be a decent 18 hole but had back 9 pulled. Check it off your list before it is too late.

The west side of the metro is blessed with a ton of smaller courses. Unfortunately most of the best 18 hole courses on the south east side of the Twin Cities.

From Maple Grove, where I live as well, the courses I frequent the most are:

Eagles - Small and technical, but great for working on your midrange driving and placement
Central - Open field precision and a couple of big throws
Bassett - Good mixture of precision and elevation change
Plymouth - Hitting a line in the woods with bends and elevation change
Bryant - Semi-challenging recreational round with a little bit of everything
Sunnyside - Better than nothing course with a few nice ace runs. The swamp sucks
Theo Wirth - Almost not worth the pay to play but still a nice leisurely round.
Hansen - Love or hate the few cones, it has decent lines and mixture of shots.
Acorn - Good mixture of lines and distance. Easy to have a great or horrible round.
Lakewood - Better than it used to be. A few bland holes mixed with a few very challenging ones.
Staring - Not worth a road trip, but challenging enough to be fun with friends. Good elevation changes.
Crown College - Giant 18 hole that will test your distance and wind fighting ability
Lochness - Giant 9 holes but three tees on each hole. Bring your accurate big distance.
Blue Ribbon Pines - Top world course. Only missing elevation.
Elm Creek - Like Bryant, well maintained. Open air bomber course with some elevation. Going to fight the wind.

There are plenty of courses on the 194/Highway 10 strip heading up to Saint Cloud that might be worth a look. They are pushing 35-45 minutes. Becker, Sportsman Hill (Clearwater), and Hidden Lake are definite must plays. At that point you might as well finish the day in Saint Cloud with Riverside, Cavalry, and Millstream (St. Joseph).

There are a few others within strike of Maple Grove that are not really worth the trip unless you are going there for a purpose; happen to be driving through, want to practice a particular shot, happen to be with friends, etc.

Hassan as an open field 9 hole course that specializes in distance
Orchard Trail Park is a three hole course just outside Champlin High School. 1 hole is interesting.
Zachary Playfields is technically a 9 hole, but only the first 5 feel like a real course.
Silverview - Once a decent 9 holer but it is slowly dying because of lack of city support
Ham Lake - Used to be a decent 18 hole but had back 9 pulled. Check it off your list before it is too late.

The west side of the metro is blessed with a ton of smaller courses. Unfortunately most of the best 18 hole courses on the south east side of the Twin Cities.
Thank you! I'll have to do some research. I'm just heading down to see a friend then heading back, but starting next week I have baseball practice two days a week in Inver Grove Heights so I can start to hit some of the courses you are talking about.