• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses not found on dgcr

The big question is, Gregg Park or Makoshika? Which is the TRUE destination course in Glendive MT? :popcorn:

Gregg was…rough. Even since you played and snapped pics, it's gone downhill. Half the tee signs were down or missing. Propped a couple-few back up. We played some absolute garbage in ND but Gregg stacks in the bottom 3 out of the 30 we played. The "Ninja star" layout of holes 6-9 was certainly something to marvel at.

As for the which is the true destination, I'll just note that UDisc has Makoshika at 4.8 and Gregg at a measly 4.2 so obviously the State Park takes the crown…

Does anyone know how to contact DGCR in order to update course details?

I recently played a course in Virginia that is listed on here as a 9-holer with no reviews…but it's actually an 18 hole course as of 2021 but only updated on UDisc.

https://udisc.com/courses/hoover-ridge-PLfT

Go to the course page and click to update the course. It'll have a "contact site manager" link. Click that and off you go. They're pretty quick to get it updated too.

Also, are the original 9 holes still basically the same, even if in a different order? If they have drastically changed in addition to the new 9 holes, it could be a case where the old course is "retired" and the new course added. That would also probably be a call for the admin.

Go to the course page and click to update the course. It'll have a "contact site manager" link. Click that and off you go. They're pretty quick to get it updated too.

I tried that and kept getting a 404 error…

I'll try again, not on mobile, when I have the opportunity to not be on mobile.

It's a really fun course and deserves to be listed!

Just added a couple course to RI. Have a couple others to add from my road trip. Hope to eventually reconcile my state (VA) against UDISC and others.

I tried that and kept getting a 404 error…

I'll try again, not on mobile, when I have the opportunity to not be on mobile.

It's a really fun course and deserves to be listed!

In the Desktop version - go to the Headers at the top, far right is a link for Contact Us

In the Mobile version - click the Sandwich drop down menu, Contact Us is at the bottom.

In the App - Click the link under Community, then the Sandwich Menu, and select Return to Desktop Version, then follow the direction above.

Other than the achievement badges for listing and bagging courses, I see no reason to have 'courses' like this even mentioned on DGCR.
Please, just ...don't.

I definitely agree! We have one of these in my area, that was listed on UDisc with several 5.0 ratings. I always used that as an example of another thing wrong with that site.

But ... now its been added on here. :doh: :wall:

Other than the achievement badges for listing and bagging courses, I see no reason to have 'courses' like this even mentioned on DGCR.
Please, just ...don't.

I keep a basket in my garage. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

< marks off 18 distinct tee locations with distances ranging from 10 to 51 ft ...including teeing off from neighbor's 2nd story deck.

< Moves basket 6 feet to the left, thereby offering "alternate pin position."

< lists course

<reviews course:
Course requires every shot in your bag, and uses all available elements. Sig hole features a 120 inch elevation change from an elevated tee. Greatest course I've ever played!
5.0!"

< updates course conditions to "good" everytime he pulls basket out for practice putting

< "Course closed until further notice" when he's done practicing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting ready to host the 1st annual Bogey Open, Jul 29-31. All the biggest names will be there: McBeth, Wysocki, GG, Simon, Pierce, Cat, Val &Alexis Mandujano!**

Would really appreciate if a few of you would donate some nice plastic for CTP and Longest Putt prizes.
:hfive:

-------–----------------------------------------------------

**doesn't bother to mention it's the same weekend as DGLO, and that "there" actually means driving over to Toboggan, which is why all these pros will be in town. ;)

:|

Last edited:
Please, just ...don't.

Counterpoint: it's clearly listed as a 1-basket practice area, so it's not like it's pretending to be something it's not.

Sure it could be a stat padder for some, but useful for locals looking to try a new thing without committing to a course, or for practice. If it isn't listed, people can't find it and use it.

Please, just ...don't.

i am regretfully guilty of adding a 1-basket practice area to DGCR way back when I first joined the site. Somehow, this place is still not listed on udisc. Perhaps i have a filter on hiding it and the other nine places in the world with a sub 5.0 udisc rating. I have seen a few other 1 basket places since those early days and have easily avoided to the urge to post them. I wish that practice areas were not included in the course count on our profile page. it's feels dirty that they count.

Object courses yay or nay including one that wooden pallets are being used. There all 9 or 18 holes. I had my fill playing one a few years ago and I have no desire to drive the distance to play another. If I get Yay's or nices I can add them on DGCR.

Object courses yay or nay including one that wooden pallets are being used. There all 9 or 18 holes. I had my fill playing one a few years ago and I have no desire to drive the distance to play another. If I get Yay's or nices I can add them on DGCR.

I have no objection to courses that are laid out with a safe, fun, challenging design, no matter what type of tee or what type of target. If there is no marked, intended course design, it's hard for me to want to include it in Disc Golf COURSE Review... :eek:

...and regarding 'practice areas', they're all right for practice, but they aren't COURSES, so they just make it harder for us baggers to fulfill our OCD pressures to bag 'em all. :p

I wish that practice areas were not included in the course count on our profile page. it's feels dirty that they count.

I didn't realize they counted ... but you're right! I'm thankful I've never "played" one of those practice areas. Ridiculous.

Practice area's don't count in the "top bagger" counts. It also does not count courses that are listed as
"unplayable"

I will hit practice area's when out and about, but usually only as a filler if I have the time. I don't "seek" them out. At least when you look at the map on DGCR it does not show them unless you purposely click on that filter.

I do know of some practice areas that I have not "bagged"

I will also admit that I have added several practice areas to this page, although none of them with onlyl 1 basket. (I have listed a 2 basket course and changed a few old coureses to practice areas due to only a couple of basket still in place)

Please, just ...don't.

Counterpoint: it's clearly listed as a 1-basket practice area, so it's not like it's pretending to be something it's not.

Sure it could be a stat padder for some, but useful for locals looking to try a new thing without committing to a course, or for practice. If it isn't listed, people can't find it and use it.

I have seen a few other 1 basket places since those early days and have easily avoided to the urge to post them. I wish that practice areas were not included in the course count on our profile page. it's feels dirty that they count.

...and regarding 'practice areas', they're all right for practice, but they aren't COURSES, so they just make it harder for us baggers to fulfill our OCD pressures to bag 'em all. :p

i like seeing Practice Areas listed. i follow Juke's logic, if they're going to be utilized then people need to know about them. i also don't count them in my personal course count but it doesn't bug me because DGCR already counts stuff that i don't count in my personal course count.

it is appropriate that PA's don't show up in a default search and also don't count toward % complete (ditto temp courses, for that matter). removing them from your DGCR course count is tricky though without casting them into digital limbo. they'd need a separate place to be listed as played on your DGCR player profile page. that's a lot of new code just to satisfy the pride of a minority of site users.

i hope people don't hesitate to list them because i like bagging them. they are a unique separate category and experience.

When you gonna register for the Bogey Open?

link pls

Latest posts