• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses NOT in the U.S.A

BullBurner

So, I was curious as to how good courses outside of the U.S. are? Would any of them maybe crack the top ten if more people had played them or if more people from that particular country were a part of this site? If you know of some good ones post a link.

Has anybody known anyone to have played the supposed course in Antarctica? :confused:

Sweeden's got some nice looking courses. Just based on the pictures, I bet Jarva could possibly break into the top ten, but nobody has reviewed it yet.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2338&mode=ci
7eef2909.jpg

3701fdf0.jpg

b9f40e65.jpg

5b4e2824.jpg

Ok, putting that on the list for next year. Now to find some in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

With about 44 courses, and counting, BC has nearly 50% of all of Canada's disc golf courses. While I'm not sure we have a course yet that could challenge for a top 10 position, we have some courses that are great in their own respect;

(1) Whistler Disc Golf Course
744d7b81.jpg

This course is unreal in many respects, but lacks the basic amenities one would expect from a top rated course. It also doesn't do enough to sufficiently challenge the advanced disc golfer.

(2) Rose Hill East
17c23c59.jpg

This course was designed by John Houck and just opened about a month ago. I was fortunate enough to play a few holes recently. It's safe to say that this course is still not complete but one day it could challenge for top 10 honors. It is probably the longest course in Canada. It's 18 holes stretch over 8,400 feet from the blue tees and it has legitimate par fours and fives. Combine all this with countless breathtaking views of the valley below.

(3) Langley Passive Park
1e70fde9.jpg

Although short, this course is a ton of fun and seamlessly blends technical wooded holes and open longer holes. Each hole offers something new and there are several which are memorable. My favorite holes are #14 which is a short straight uphill shot and #15 a slippery downhill hyzer shot through a wooded tunnel.

Last edited:
I have played both Whistler and just recently Langley and agree that both are great. I really want to play Rose Hill East/West and Pender Island though. I will have to perhaps get a round in with you Maniak next time I make it up to Lanley.

I think I need to get my passport now so I can go play Whistler. That pic is incredible, where in the hell is the pin???

i'll be in antarctica at the end of 2010, so I'll let you know if that course is still there or not. i really hope it is :)

I think driving on that hole you have pictured at Whistler would make my man parts suck up into my body.

That Scottish course looks amazing. Not sure about the basket in the ruined building but the views are fantastic. Looks like it's a private course. I started to do some leg work since it wasn't on the site. I guess if the owner ever hears about DGCR maybe he'll add it.

That Scottish course looks amazing. Not sure about the basket in the ruined building but the views are fantastic. Looks like it's a private course. I started to do some leg work since it wasn't on the site. I guess if the owner ever hears about DGCR maybe he'll add it.
I actually shared a few emails with the guy that runs the tournament.

Here was one of his replies that shares a little of the course history:

It would be great to see you over here for Mull in the next few years. I originally designed the course after a vewry drunken new year in 1982 - and it shows. Have recently taken over the running as want to see if I can get it to Euro Tour standard in 3 years, and if I can attract as many players as possible then that might happen. Either way it will be fun to do.

Next year the dates are the same - first weekend in May. Put it in your diary now!

Now that his tourney is over maybe I'll write him back and see if he can add his course.

I'm currently in Wolfsburg, Germany for company business and will be here untill November. I'm hoping to find the time to get to some of the courses if time allows. I'll be able to review them if possiable. Im not sure if anybody ahs been to this or played any of the courses. I only brought 3 disc with but I was hoping to find a local store near the course to get a few more. One other guy in my group also plays so we are planning a trip asap. Does anybody have any local contacts near any of the northern germany courses, or know of any local store that carry disc golf equipment?

I'm currently in Wolfsburg, Germany for company business and will be here untill November. I'm hoping to find the time to get to some of the courses if time allows. I'll be able to review them if possiable. Im not sure if anybody ahs been to this or played any of the courses. I only brought 3 disc with but I was hoping to find a local store near the course to get a few more. One other guy in my group also plays so we are planning a trip asap. Does anybody have any local contacts near any of the northern germany courses, or know of any local store that carry disc golf equipment?

You could try PMing this guy, or get a hold of the Hyzernauts...

Latest posts