• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Courses played total just dropped

dr.chainslove

Par Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Apologies if this has been previously discussed but I just noticed my Courses Played just went from 242 to 235. I can't seem to find what's missing. Anybody else experience this or know why this happened? thanks

I haven't ever seen this happen. Not sure how that would even happen.

maybe private courses were requested to be removed. usually they would be RIP but i could imagine Tim might remove them completely if the owner was irate. do you ever remove courses from you wish list or favorites? could have been a mistake there on the dashboard page

I've not had that experience.

Well that just sucks. I hate regression

Do RIP courses count in your count?

DGCR includes RIP'd courses in my courses played count. But they aren't included if you go to the %played within a state.

I've even been able to mark a course played that was RIP'd before I'd played it (i.e. course still exists to play at owners permission, but owner requested it "deactivated.")

I had played in all 50 states but now Alaska is missing because they closed the Hilltop course where the King of the Hill tournament had been played for many years.

I had played in all 50 states but now Alaska is missing because they closed the Hilltop course where the King of the Hill tournament had been played for many years.

That's a real shame. RIP courses should count toward number of states played in, even if they don't count toward the total in the state.

I have several RIP that are counting towards mine and still show up. Not sure why a one would disappear.

I have 37 RIPs that are still counting for me... One thought that I had is that I reviewed them all. Do they only disappear if you don't review them?

My overall total is 1476
My total on the courses tab is 1437
Total on the % complete tab is 1269 (is this less RIPs?) would mean 168 RIP (plus several temp tournament courses that are counted in my overall total that will never be played again).

That's a shame. I'm glad I got to play it a few years ago when I was up there for vacation.

I have 37 RIPs that are still counting for me... One thought that I had is that I reviewed them all. Do they only disappear if you don't review them?

No, I checked my course total and it includes 10 RIPs that I did not review.

thanks all for the commentary. I don't have the energy to go back 20 years to see what I'm missing. Seems like my RIP courses are still there. Even the ones where the layout changed are still counted. Oh well, guess this means I need to get back out to my old baggin' ways and pump these rookie numbers up, ha!

That's a real shame. RIP courses should count toward number of states played in, even if they don't count toward the total in the state.

they do, just not on the % complete page

My overall total is 1476
My total on the courses tab is 1437
Total on the % complete tab is 1269 (is this less RIPs?) would mean 168 RIP (plus several temp tournament courses that are counted in my overall total that will never be played again).

it is less RIP, temporary courses, and practice areas

No, I checked my course total and it includes 10 RIPs that I did not review.

Same with me, my Total Course count did not drop and it includes 8 RIPs that I didn't review, and a few others that I did review.

They're still in your profile (Main and Yellow both). I think RIP courses don't show up in the % complete because including RIP courses would make it impossible for others to pursue 100%.